Toronto Darkly CS:GO Server - No AWP/Auto - FF On - Competitive

Shotgun Jesus

Professional Cocksucker
Staff member
Toronto Darkly is now 32 slot. Too many players/Members/Admins have been saying they can't get in. It's only two slots, but hopefully that helps your chances.

prozac26

A Little Darkly
E31C641AA8DAABE395003AEAB9A9F04BC28EAC74

tytanium

TD Admin
The 32 man issue is only affected by a few official maps. Ported or custom maps should support all 32 with no issues.

satanic_hamster

DARKLY Regular
Request: Can you extend the cool down / no move part of the buy period at the start of the each round?

The spawns in GO tend to suck more then previous CS versions. Usually half the people are still buying when the round starts and they trap in people. If people had another few seconds to ban there would be better odds of veryone making it out of spawn in a quick and orderly manner.

Shotgun Jesus

Professional Cocksucker
Staff member
Make one.
:letswait:

I think our old CS:S one is getting patched by different people to work with GO, but everyone always hated that thing. :shrug:

tytanium

TD Admin
Hey guys. Keep the fire going.

So, the server has been running very well for awhile now and updates have made the game less QQ in a sense. But there are things that I'd like to see looked at and/or changed.

First: Damage plug-in. Now that valve has included a damage report when you die, I don't see any reason to keep it. If you need to check your damage just open the console after you die. It shows damage taken and inflicted. Another reason it should disappear is because it's the reason for the phantom menu you can't see. It's super annoying and was removed on the CSS server which was a great move. This is the one thing I want removed. Plus, removing a plug-in = more server fps.

Second: Maps. Since I am unsure if _se maps can handle 32 players (I think they do) I can't really say "USE THEM!" If they can handle 32 players then I'll say USE THEM! :D They perform better, more competitive and every one has them already. Just makes sense. If you want to keep a spot open for an admin to spec. Change the server max to 33.

Third: Nomination list. The list is missing some key maps. Frost and Prodigy in particular. The list just needs a look over. All _se maps with frost, prodigy, nightfever, mill, season and contra using the _se version of aztec or a custom aztec. I think you guys installed the one with the tunnel that connects water stairs to B site doors. That might give T's a chance.

Lastly: 8 round halves. I know TD has used a time limit/round win scheme for awhile now but I think CSGO benefits better, in a fun/competitive manner, when you get to play both sides. It will reduce, if not eliminate, the whining about maps being so one-sided when you know you're going to play terrorist, on piranesi, eventually. Also, it would bring a whole new element to the server competitive wise. So, what I'm saying here is, remove the map time limit and go to a best of 16 rounds with a quick team switch in between as I assume map time is a concern.

TD is a unique server, in that 90% of the time, the server is filled with regulars who play pretty competitively even while having fun. I can't see people QQ'ing before half is over when they know they'll get their chance for revenge. I'm sure we've all been 15-0'd and wished we could return the favour when the time is up but can't because the map changes. So unsatisfying.

-Tyler

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
Maps added to rotation: de_prodigy, de_frost, de_alexandra

Half-time added to test. It is isn't popular, it goes.

ohh, btw, we played de_kisgayo a week or so ago, ppl loved it, server stayed full (of cocks)