Windows 9

MetalLobster

TD Admin
I guess it's not a bad thing that all the features in that video are things we have in W7 or Ubuntu already. That's their goal, isn't?

MetalLobster

TD Admin
Tried it out for a couple hours this morning and it's not bad so far. It's much easier to ignore MS app store now that they've removed that app home screen and allow you to remove app shortcuts from the start menu. I haven't really tried the multi-desktop thing too much, but it functions just like the one you'd find in Xubuntu. The only thing I don't like so far is that I have to login with my MS account instead of a local account.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
They have, just had an all day conference earlier this week for win 10 as we are bringing it into our organization in 2016. It's lost the tablet touch and is completely overhauled. I'm actually going to like it.

They completely copied apple's way. Windows 10 will be it; PC, phone and tablet (albeit a slim version). From 10, we will .2, .3 etc. it's actually a nice OS. The only thing that's garbage is their reliance on cloud (RE: pay me every year/month and I'll let you use my software remotely, along with your info, which I now own).

dead mike

TD Member, Legend, Puncher of Faces, Chatbox King
I'm using Linux mint its the bomb I use a VM for windows it be perfect except steam is broken
I'll get the new windows only on the condition they pay me to use it

.44 caliber

TD Admin
Windows 8.1 is the first version of windows I have ever paid for (tho im only 26) and I have had zero issues with it. Actually find it runs smoother and faster than 7 ever did, but I'm not exactly a nerd that knows stuff so thats all I can say. I actually love the apps feature (windows button) for my laptop that streams to my tv. Cool/handy as fuck.

Brades

Bailer
Staff member
Windows 8.1 is the first version of windows I have ever paid for (tho im only 26) and I have had zero issues with it. Actually find it runs smoother and faster than 7 ever did, but I'm not exactly a nerd that knows stuff so thats all I can say. I actually love the apps feature (windows button) for my laptop that streams to my tv. Cool/handy as fuck.

+1 I paid for it too... no problems with it.