Windows 9

Nickston

I'm New Here
Wow, that's some rapid adoption. I would think companies would stick to Win7/server 2008 for as long as they could lol.
Many servers still run 2003, ignoring all security warnings, thinking they are no possible target. I guess it doesn't matter that much for one-man companies who are self-supporting, though. It's just how vulnerable you think you are, and how willing you are to put a grand towards an upgrade.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Wow, that's some rapid adoption. I would think companies would stick to Win7/server 2008 for as long as they could lol.
We did. In the enterprise world, there's two 5-year cycles for Microsoft operating systems. The first 5 years, Microsoft fully supports, updates functionality and security. In the second 5-year window, they only update security. It's in that second window that companies must look to adopt, begin application upgrade and testing, regression testing, etc. The summer of 2016 will represent the beginning of the second 5-year window for windows 7.

In a large organization like that of which I'm a part of, there a million in-house apps that need to be upgraded to work with the next windows version, tested, plugins, java, juniper, etc. it's a massive undertaking. This is why we (enterprise environments) get all this shit sooner then the average public.