• Guest, This Forum is Strictly Moderated!

Please read the rules before participating in this forum: READ ME Serious F'n Business - Forum / Moderation Rules

If you do not agree with the rules of this forum, and do not plan to abide by them, then do not participate. Threads or posts that do not belong in this forum will be moved, edited, or deleted at the discretion of the Moderators. Repeated failure to follow the rules will result in banishment from the Serious F'n Business forum.

Be good to each other.

Ukraine

Fork Included

TD Admin
better comparison is why don't we give up Quebec... ohh hey they've been back and forth on that issue for decades! Hmmm...

or more land back to the natives... hmmmm

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
better comparison is why don't we give up Quebec... ohh hey they've been back and forth on that issue for decades! Hmmm...

or more land back to the natives... hmmmm

That's a terrible example as no one is trying to claim Quebec, nor does Quebec claim they belong anywhere else. The issue with Quebec is they want to be independent and an all-French speaking province, and to achieve that they must break off from Canada because federal law mandates both cultures and languages.

There's a lot wrong with the Ukraine-Russia scenario, but no one can judge. Russia leaves them alone they go back to being broke like Khazakstan, but if Russia intervenes, they may have some decent cities... who knows. Truly, I think the only reason Russia even gives a fuck is because it's oil-lines run through Ukraine to the rest of Europe, and if Ukraine becomes part of the EU, the EU will fuck Russia so hard. Really hard. Putin's not dumb, and people mistaking him for some Bush-type politician is nonsense.

MetalLobster

TD Admin
That's a terrible example as no one is trying to claim Quebec, nor does Quebec claim they belong anywhere else. The issue with Quebec is they want to be independent and an all-French speaking province, and to achieve that they must break off from Canada because federal law mandates both cultures and languages.

There's a lot wrong with the Ukraine-Russia scenario, but no one can judge. Russia leaves them alone they go back to being broke like Khazakstan, but if Russia intervenes, they may have some decent cities... who knows. Truly, I think the only reason Russia even gives a fuck is because it's oil-lines run through Ukraine to the rest of Europe, and if Ukraine becomes part of the EU, the EU will fuck Russia so hard. Really hard. Putin's not dumb, and people mistaking him for some Bush-type politician is nonsense.

What's to say the result of the Ukraine-Russia situation will lead to an A or B result, where A is that they go broke and B is they become financially stable? The possibility of Ukraine joining the EU is still there and there is definitely some hidden agenda behind Putin's move to send thousands of troops to Crimea, which creates some grey area of what can happen.

What can be said is the Putin will not heed to anything Obama says because Putin is known among the Russian people as having a big ego and that would damage his image. What Putin will have to do depends on the meetings of the UN and EU.

Fork Included

TD Admin
there is definitely some hidden agenda behind Putin's move to send thousands of troops to Crimea, which creates some grey area of what can happen.

what hidden agenda, they have a naval base there, which they've had there for over 200 years

and the official statement is that the troops there are to protect russians in the even of a revolt or aggression from extremists and radicals.

you can hold the opinion that the 2nd part is bullshit... but it would only be half bullshit, because Russia would still want to defend its base regardless of any outcome, so they sorta want to put troops there.

haven't you ever played Risk?

MetalLobster

TD Admin
what hidden agenda, they have a naval base there, which they've had there for over 200 years

and the official statement is that the troops there are to protect russians in the even of a revolt or aggression from extremists and radicals.

you can hold the opinion that the 2nd part is bullshit... but it would only be half bullshit, because Russia would still want to defend its base regardless of any outcome, so they sorta want to put troops there.

haven't you ever played Risk?

Are you under the impression that Putin is being absolutely transparent in the matter at hand?

Fork Included

TD Admin
Are you under the impression that Putin is being absolutely transparent in the matter at hand?

the most likely theory is that Putin put a military force into Crimeria to pressure them to break away from Ukraine and to ensure that no one revolts if they do.

is this a bad thing? not for us to judge

Fork Included

TD Admin
Whether Russian pressure or true voluntary decision, here is the latest scoop

http://rt.com/news/crimea-referendum-status-ukraine-154/

Crimean MPs voted on Thursday for the region to “to become part of the Russian Federation as its constituent territory,” says the text of the regional parliament’s statement.
78 MPs said yes to Crimea joining Russia, while 8 abstained from voting.

The speaker of the Crimean parliament, Vladimir Konstantinov, explained that the parliament’s decision on the region joining Russia still has to be approved at a referendum, which has been scheduled for March 16.
There will be two questions on the Crimean referendum ballots.
The first one: Are you in favor of Crimea becoming a constituent territory of the Russian Federation.

The second one: Are you in favor of restoring Crimea’s 1992 constitution,

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
Fork you are a joke. All you do is judge and hate on America for its foreign policy decisions. Yet we cant judge Putin? Rofl

Dont question the fearless leader, he is God and makes us strong.

For the record I am extremely critical of my government and its political leadership. You just tout the party line.

Fork Included

TD Admin
the difference between US and Russian politics is that the US says one thing and does another, while Russia just does things..... they try to cover it up but their lies are generally pretty transparent.

i'm not gonna say that Putin isn't lying. You're disrepesecting me if you honestly think that i'm defending him. I'm merely pointing out that the truth behind the lies isn't as dramatic as the west is making it out to be.

So you are right to hate your own country's politics, because they are based on constant decept and manipulation. Which is why i hate on America, because hypocracy and acting contrary to your values and morals is worse than straight up bullying.

It is always better to know who your enemies are than to have a friend who can backstab you at any moment and is slowly running the world economy into the ground.

Hinouchi

TD Admin
1656138_407953136015105_883039353_n.jpg

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
A CBC report mentioned that "200 year old naval base" is actually just leased from Ukraine, and I don't imagine it's been leased for the past 200 years :uh:

Fork Included

TD Admin
well, it's just a military port in an otherwise port city, so the base has been there for a long time. I'm not at all sure what the arrangements have been 200 years ago but a "lease" of some sort is not out of the question.

hell, our own toronto islands were/are "on lease" for 99 years, which has recently been extended.