Trade Server Problems - Report Here

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
I updated with some problems that Toronto #4 is having
All the other Toronto servers could have the same problems but I've not checked, and it's bed time for me now.

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
What is the correct bp Page?
When the price check plugin was added, it started to use the backpack.tf page for backpacks which is better than the old one.
So the correct one, in my opinion, is the backpack.tf page that comes with pricecheck.

shoottomaim

BANNED
trade_rawr_v1 Toronto maps sometimes just spaz out and spike really hard. Not very rare, but not very common occurance.

Fiend

Senior TF2 Admin
Chicago #4 is spiking hard enough to freeze everyone for about 3 seconds at a time. Happening frequently.

Gatherix

Death by Darkly
trade_rawr_v1 Toronto maps sometimes just spaz out and spike really hard. Not very rare, but not very common occurance.
Chicago #4 is spiking hard enough to freeze everyone for about 3 seconds at a time. Happening frequently.

The vast majority of them do this from time to time. I haven't noticed any sort of pattern in terms of frequency or servers - oftentimes it never happens at all - but when it does happen it's bad enough to make people leave, and it can last awhile too. It's like the servers are epileptic or something.

Brades

Bailer
Staff member
If it happens consistently though, isn't that suggestive of plugin issues, problems with the server host, or with server overload?

It does it because the map doesn`t change every 30 mins or so like a normal server does.

Gatherix

Death by Darkly
It does it because the map doesn`t change every 30 mins or so like a normal server does.

Then set mp_timelimit to 0 - instead of the value it's currently set to, 30 - which will tell the server to continue on the current map in the mapcycle for infinite minutes. If the server decides it doesn't like the concept of infinite, which they occasionally don't, then just set it to a really high number. Like, higher than 30.

Or is it plugins that don't like the fact it doesn't change every 30 minutes instead of server, and/or something I'm too tired and brain-dead to recognize?

Brades

Bailer
Staff member
Hmm I thought it was set to 0. :fulloffuck: I'll change it and see if it helps. Pretty sure it's just a problem with source though.

Fiend

Senior TF2 Admin
Is it set to 30? I've never seen the map cycle on any of the servers and i've been on them for hours at a time. :motherofgod:

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
Brades, all the servers have been derpy for a while.
Some of them missing plugins, some still have respawn times instead of instant.
I just haven't got around to checking all of them out to make a list yet.

Gatherix

Death by Darkly
Brades, all the servers have been derpy for a while.
Some of them missing plugins, some still have respawn times instead of instant.
I just haven't got around to checking all of them out to make a list yet.

Respawn times, plugins, admin menus (Reload Map, Reload Admins, Reload Admins, Reload Admins, Reload Ads, Reload Ads), certain server/SourceMod configuration settings, plugins not functional or missing... lots of small things.

We're all waiting for you to make a list, zackychuu... :whistle: Though if you'd like it, I can help out gathering data.

Discodude

TF2 Admin
It's the Toronto servers mainly. I haven't seen any plug-ins work on those in a while (and they have 10 second respawn times).

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
Though if you'd like it, I can help out gathering data.
That would be awesome.
I'm still a bit busy with the Minecraft server right now, and trying to gather more guns in WarZ :D
If you could, it would be a massive help.

What I do is go to each server and test everything I can think of. (/pc, /bp, /admin etc).

Gatherix

Death by Darkly
That would be awesome.
I'm still a bit busy with the Minecraft server right now, and trying to gather more guns in WarZ :D
If you could, it would be a massive help.

What I do is go to each server and test everything I can think of. (/pc, /bp, /admin etc).

Alright, sounds good. If you end up needing a little help with the back end of the Minecraft server, I'd be happy to help out with that too.

Gatherix

Death by Darkly
General/Global Problems:

Lag spikes
Beachball in trade_plaza glitches - semi-solid, flickers invisible
Invisibility in RTD still shows worn items/unusual effects
Old versions of MetaMod
Old versions of SteamRep Checker
Public vote option for changing maps enabled
Team balance enabled

Chicago #1

Admin menu
Vote option for friendly fire enabled
Invalid setting for mp_disable_respawn_times

Chicago #2

Admin Menu

Chicago #3

Admin Menu

Chicago #4

Admin Menu
Advanced commands not normally available: Balance Teams, Extend Map, etc.
Poor performance

New York #1

Admin Menu
Exec CFG command enabled

Dallas #1

Admin Menu
Exec CFG command enabled
SteamRep Checker plugin not installed:disapprove:

Toronto #1

Admin Menu
3 Reload Ads and 2 Reload Admins commands
Spray Tracer plugin not installed