Trade Server Problems - Report Here

Gatherix

Death by Darkly
Please report any problems that you or any other user has found with the DARKLY Trade servers here in this thread so that we may keep all Server issues together in one place.

I am making this a public thread so that if anyone else viewing this thread feels that there is a problem with any servers, or just in general, they can post it here and I will add it to the list.

Individual Server Problems

DARKLY | Toronto TF2 Trade/Idle #1
- Admin Menu: 3 Reload Ads and 2 Reload Admins Commands.​
- Spray Tracer not installed: spray authors not displaying.​
- Pricecheck not installed.​
- RTD not installed.​
- Respawn countdown​

DARKLY | Toronto TF2 Trade/Idle #2
- RTD not installed.​
- Respawn countdown​

DARKLY | Toronto TF2 Trade/Idle #3
- RTD not installed.​
- Respawn countdown​

DARKLY | Toronto TF2 Trade/Idle #4
- RTD not installed.​
- Respawn countdown​

DARKLY | Toronto TF2 Trade/Idle #5
- RTD not installed.​
- Respawn countdown​

DARKLY | Toronto TF2 Trade/Idle #6
- RTD not installed.​
- Respawn countdown​

DARKLY | Chicago TF2 Trade/Idle #1
- Vote option for friendly fire enabled​

DARKLY | Chicago TF2 Trade/Idle #2

DARKLY | Chicago TF2 Trade/Idle #3

DARKLY | Chicago TF2 Trade/Idle #4

DARKLY | New York TF2 Trade/Idle #1
- Exec CFG command enabled​

DARKLY | London TF2 Trade/Idle #1
- It appears as if the server and Source bans are not connecting together very well. A few cases of banned people being allowed back into the server.​
- /bp command still uses the old bp page instead of backpack.tf.​

DARKLY | Dallas TF2 Trade/Idle #1
- Exec CFG command enabled​
- SteamRep Checker plugin not installed

General Problems
- When someone rolls Invisible with rtd, Unusual hat effects are still visible.​
- On the trade_plaze maps, the big beach balls seem to go invisible, meaning that some times people are walking and get stuck inside of them, not being able to move until it is out of the way.​
- Chicago servers are just generally laggy and glitchy. Known problem, but just thought I would add it.​
- Old versions of MetaMod​
- Old versions of SteamRep Checker​
- Public vote option for changing maps enabled​
- Team balance enabled​

As I said above. If anyone else sees any problems at all that are not listed here, feel free to post in this thread so that I may list it for everyone else to see.
Credits: Gatherix for a lot of updates.

Not all of the admin menus have 3 Reload Ads and 2 Reload Admins Commands. And some are 3 Reload Admins and 2 Reload Ads. And they ALL use TF2 Items instead of backpack.tf for backpacks.

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
Not all of the admin menus have 3 Reload Ads and 2 Reload Admins Commands. And some are 3 Reload Admins and 2 Reload Ads. And they ALL use TF2 Items instead of backpack.tf for backpacks.
Well all you put was Admin menu so I just assumed xD

Gatherix

Death by Darkly
There's also an exploit on the Minecraft map where if you can get noclip from RTD, you can go outside the map. Problem is people will do it as Engineers and then build buildings EVERYwhere. You can also jump off the edge and land really far down and build stuff down there too. Leaves buildings everywhere in hard to find places.

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
There's also an exploit on the Minecraft map where if you can get noclip from RTD, you can go outside the map. Problem is people will do it as Engineers and then build buildings EVERYwhere. You can also jump off the edge and land really far down and build stuff down there too. Leaves buildings everywhere in hard to find places.
Yeah I know about that.
Simple solution for now is restarting the map.
Not long until new Darkly map :D

Fiend

Senior TF2 Admin
Just a heads up. Pinion has updated it's advertisement stuff. Most servers are giving an "oh noes, Pinion is outdated on the server" error and not making people stay on the ad for the set period of time. I have noticed it on our servers as well.

I am not sure if it's something we are aware of, but i didn't want us to lose ad revenue by not reporting it.

thepresident

I'm New Here
Maybe this isn't the right place, and I apologize.

Every time Valve does a late afternoon/early evening update, Toronto TF2 Trade Idle #2 and #5 are out of commission until presumably the next day. These are the only 2 Darkly servers I hang out on, and can quite often check back until midnight EST or so...I'm just reporting what I personally see. Each server will have only 2-5 users present (idlers); I know #2 is pretty well-packed most of the time, so this should stand out as unusual to an admin. I guess the servers are just waiting for a restart so the update can be applied - any attempt to connect results in a "server is running older version of the game" message.

Gatherix

Death by Darkly
Maybe this isn't the right place, and I apologize.

Every time Valve does a late afternoon/early evening update, Toronto TF2 Trade Idle #2 and #5 are out of commission until presumably the next day. These are the only 2 Darkly servers I hang out on, and can quite often check back until midnight EST or so...I'm just reporting what I personally see. Each server will have only 2-5 users present (idlers); I know #2 is pretty well-packed most of the time, so this should stand out as unusual to an admin. I guess the servers are just waiting for a restart so the update can be applied - any attempt to connect results in a "server is running older version of the game" message.

Right section, no worries.

From what I understand, it's just a matter of, as you said, the servers needing the update. Since the servers rely heavily on plugins for both user convenience and applications along with various server functions, the updates (I may be wrong) may need to be manually applied. You mentioned that you only play on those two Darkly servers - I'd imagine that, upon joining any other Darkly TF2 server, they would exhibit the same behavior. There aren't too many people who run the technical side of the servers, and rest assured they do their best to have updates applied and the servers running as soon as possible. Nevertheless I'll pay more attention during the next update to see if there's anything abnormal or unexpected.

Thanks!