Trade Server Problems - Report Here

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
It doesn't seem like the costumes are still working anyways.
Yeah I have a feeling Brades removed it to add in a plugin that doesn't allow the halloween taunt at a later date.
Not sure though..just an assumption.

He said in a thread a few days back he will be working on the TF2 servers this weekend.

Discodude

TF2 Admin
I dunno if this is a problem of not, but...Having godmode on (with rtd) makes it so you can't use jumpers D:

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
I dunno if this is a problem of not, but...Having godmode on (with rtd) makes it so you can't use jumpers D:
That's probably more of a rtd glitch, or maybe not even a glitch at all.
I'm guessing it's because godmode makes it so you can't take any damage, which would include blast damage (or lack thereof with jumpers) from your own weapons.

Discodude

TF2 Admin
The bp function is now broken on all of the DARKLY servers I have been to, and the servers are extremely choppy (at least for me)

Discodude

TF2 Admin
most of the Toronto ones and London #1 I think. As well as there being huge respawn times on every same server.

Shotgun Jesus

TD Admin
Staff member
It's probably because of the Halloween update. Might have broken some things.

You wouldn't know it though -- all servers are full.

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
It's probably because of the Halloween update. Might have broken some things.

You wouldn't know it though -- all servers are full.
I'm currently going through each server...
Seems like all Plugins are broken (bp, spreadsheet and sourcemod)

Also while I'm here, ban this guy.
# 1838 "jz" STEAM_0:1:57054472
Mic spamming the Toronto 3 server

Shotgun Jesus

TD Admin
Staff member
So far Chicago #1 has been updated. SourceMod seems to be fixed, but some 3rd party plugins don't work yet and need the original author to update.

Gatherix

Death by Darkly
Been on the servers recently, some people have been complaining about the longer respawn times... They don't really matter much to me, but what was the reason for them being elongated?

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
Been on the servers recently, some people have been complaining about the longer respawn times... They don't really matter much to me, but what was the reason for them being elongated?
A few of the recent updates have been messing with the settings, with the most recent completely breaking pretty much every plugin.
These breaks include the respawn times.
Shotgun was working on Chi 1 earlier, and that seems to be working now, instaspawn and everything. Minus RTD and Spreadsheet.
All he needs to do is update the rest of them :P

Discodude

TF2 Admin
Invisibility isn't totally fixed, although I don't mind the brokenness...if you have an unusual hat, the effect is still visible. :P

derpy

Temp TF2 Banned
Hi Zacky :) I adminned the trade servers a year ago and I'm back now. I've noticed some differences that I feel are detrimental to Darkly trade servers as a whole. The more popular Darkly trade servers are usually filled to the brim, but 60% of the people that are sitting in the server are actually just idlers. As soon as one trader leaves, another immediately replaces him/her. I feel like designating the more popular trade servers as "trade/idle" affects their intended use negatively. A year ago, there was a much stronger sense of community among the servers, and you'd often see the same traders there every day. Now that they're mostly filled with idlers, it's

a) much more tedious to trade when you're only able to buy and sell from 10 people as opposed to 30, a number I feel could easily remain being achieved if the more popular servers were strictly designated as just "trade," and
b) harder to establish connections since there aren't as many people to talk to.

Just my take on the whole trade server situation :P

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
Yeah, I've noticed this a lot...
There are usually a hell of a lot of idlers in the servers.

Although, I'm not in charge of how the servers are ran, I'm just an Admin like you were/are?

I don't think anything could be done about the Idlers, unless SJ, Brades or LB decides to add in a kick time and make the more popular ones trade only?
It's fully up to them though.

If you feel some changes need to be made then make a list of your ideas and post them somewhere in the TF2 section for those 3 to read.
You never know, they may just take them on board!

You are an Admin after all :P

Out of curiosity, do you still have your powers?

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
Don't forget to add in kick times then :P
Don't make them too short...else people might get kicked in a trade or something.