Good Monitors?

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
I went out earlier today to have a look at PC World as excalibur suggested.
I saw this while I was there: http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/deskt...full-hd-led-backlit-monitor-11267663-pdt.html

Obviously the first thing that got my attention was the look of it, personally I think it looks pretty cool.
After that, I realised it was in my price range, then I also realised the specs were pretty much what I've been looking for.

Anyone know any good/bad reasons why I should/shouldn't pick this Monitor?

make sure not glossy screen !!! my buddy has glossy hp, bad times had.

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
make sure not glossy screen !!! my buddy has glossy hp, bad times had.

The screen was shiny yeah, but when I was in store I didn't see much glare or anything.
Apparently the backlighting of it reduces glare or something according to specs and stuff.

$alvador

TD Member
That HP monitor sucks the most ass it's even conceivable to suck. Thanks to the hipster nazi sadist fuck of a designer, for relocating the power supply to the base so that they can market the most worthless gimmick ever ("superthin" screen) while fucking the customer over by making it impossible to switch to any other stand unlike every other monitor on the market which has a universal mount to allow just that. I would happily slam a humvee door on the face of the motherfucker who OK'd this crap for market.

Handsome E. Buttocks

A Little Darkly
He meant you can't just mount this monitor to a monitor arm using the universal VESA mount on the back of the unit, due to its odd design (power supply in base instead of inside screen unit). Most other flatscreen monitors have a square four-screw mounting pad on the back which allows for this. Maybe you'll never put it on a monitor arm...but it's still worth noting.

It sure looks pretty, but it's got enough goofy engineering drawbacks that I'd be leery about it.

Did we cover this already? If we did I'm sorry.

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
That HP monitor sucks the most ass it's even conceivable to suck. Thanks to the hipster nazi sadist fuck of a designer, for relocating the power supply to the base so that they can market the most worthless gimmick ever ("superthin" screen) while fucking the customer over by making it impossible to switch to any other stand unlike every other monitor on the market which has a universal mount to allow just that. I would happily slam a humvee door on the face of the motherfucker who OK'd this crap for market.

oh wow, i actually have one of those. if i ever wanted to mount it, i would feel your rage. (not an hp)

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
He meant you can't just mount this monitor to a monitor arm using the universal VESA mount on the back of the unit, due to its odd design (power supply in base instead of inside screen unit). Most other flatscreen monitors have a square four-screw mounting pad on the back which allows for this. Maybe you'll never put it on a monitor arm...but it's still worth noting.

It sure looks pretty, but it's got enough goofy engineering drawbacks that I'd be leery about it.

Did we cover this already? If we did I'm sorry.

I know exactly what he meant
I was LOLWUTing over his rage.

I'm never gonna wall mount anything like this.
I quite like where the power supply has been put :3

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
OKAY!
So I got my new Monitor, now back to a question I asked earlier...

HDMI, DVI-D or VGA.
I was using VGA with my old Monitor, using HDMI with this one so far as it was the only non-bagged cable.
Monitor came with all 3 cables so I can pick any.

Which would you guys say is better?
Or is there no discernable difference?

Glocky

Drinking your tears
There shouldn't be much if any difference, but the HDMI will do audio at the same time, but I doubt you're using monitor speakers?
images

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
There shouldn't be much if any difference, but the HDMI will do audio at the same time, but I doubt you're using monitor speakers?
images
Nope..
I either use my headset or my speakers.
Never monitor speakers.

Thanks for letting me know.
I'll just stick with hdmi then.
Too lazy to switch now.

dead mike

TD Member, Legend, Puncher of Faces, Chatbox King
:stoned:man i wish i saw this thread sooner, 140 pounds im sure you could have got something way better