Good Monitors?

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
So It's my birthday soon, and my mum has decided to get me a monitor.
Only I don't trust her with picking, because she is terrible with technology.
Also, I don't trust myself, because a monitor isn't something I've ever cared to look into (I'm using some 7-10 year old monitor at the moment)

I'm looking for something decent but not too expensive, my highest res right now is 1440x900 so I would like something with 1080p.
Maybe within a price range of £150 - £200 ($230 - $310 according to google)
Obviously it can be under, as I say I don't know much about monitors so my price range could be too high? lol

Honestly, I don't care about fancy amazing refresh rates, or super duper high res pixels with 1 million colours.
But if those kind of things are within the price range then it's something I could look at.

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
get no smaller than a 24". ppl say that the 120hz ones are sweet.

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
I Couldn't find anything for under £200 at 120Hz that is available in the UK. Shipping is a bitch.

add more of own money if have to. for something u gonna use every day for many years, u always wanna get the good shit.

yeah, eh ? ive heard ppl hyping 120hz monitors. say that a lot less motion blur.

:shrug:

excalibur

DARKLY Regular
yeah, eh ? ive heard ppl hyping 120hz monitors. say that a lot less motion blur.

:shrug:

Yeah motion blur is pretty well gone with most new sets. It was more of a problem when lcd's and plasmas were in their beginning stages, its basically been phased out.

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker

Those look pretty nice.
Asus one looks nicer though.
The Acer one would be good if I was planning to go full on 3 screen set up.
It has almost no border from what I can see in that picture.

Thanks, Cock.

Zacky ignore these nerds. 120 hz is not a must. What ever you get is going to be a huge improvement and will make you happy.

Yeah, as long as it's better than what I have now (not really hard to beat) I will probably love it.