USAAAAAAA

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIOP

TD Admin / Rocker of City-Hair
Many forget we were in the same position in Salt Lake in 2002, and we ended up beating USA for the Gold.

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
anyone watch colbert report on monday? he is in Vancouver all week, it was pretty hilarious.

Propaganda

TD Member
[quote1266938026=Steve]
[quote1266862607=CroJon]
Bottom line is, who walks out with the gold medal, and dont worry it wont be USA, besides theres over 300 million of u, bout time u put together a good hockey team.
[/quote1266862607]

rofl last time I checked our great country has 3 times the medals of canada.

How about Canada puts together a good football team.. rofl or baseball team..

America>Canada
[/quote1266938026]

US Population- 303 million

Canadian Population - 33 million

Ratio 0.11

US medals- 25

Canadian medals- 10

Medal Ratio 0.4

The number of medals Canada should actually have based off 25 US medals = 2.75

I keep hearing that we aren't doing good enough, for the small population base we have I think we should be pretty proud thus far. Canadians are hard workers.

As far as hockey it's not over till it's over, the Canadians outplayed the US but Miller was outstanding and Brodeur was fucking useless. Goaltending wins big games.

Spinny

TD Admin / Giant Faggot
[quote1266940843=Propaganda]
[quote1266938026=Steve]
[quote1266862607=CroJon]
Bottom line is, who walks out with the gold medal, and dont worry it wont be USA, besides theres over 300 million of u, bout time u put together a good hockey team.
[/quote1266862607]

rofl last time I checked our great country has 3 times the medals of canada.

How about Canada puts together a good football team.. rofl or baseball team..

America>Canada
[/quote1266938026]

US Population- 303 million

Canadian Population - 33 million

Ratio 0.11

US medals- 25

Canadian medals- 10

Medal Ratio 0.4

The number of medals Canada should actually have based off 25 US medals = 2.75

I keep hearing that we aren't doing good enough, for the small population base we have I think we should be pretty proud thus far. Canadians are hard workers.

As far as hockey it's not over till it's over, the Canadians outplayed the US but Miller was outstanding and Brodeur was fucking useless. Goaltending wins big games.

[/quote1266940843]

See, prop thinks like me... canada owns :P

and playing another game is really not a big disadvantage... in a short tournament like this it is probably better to play an extra game and get everybody on the same page and get everybody use to each other.... they did the same thing in salt lake, and I think sweden may have done it in the last olympics when they won (not sure)...

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
Use what ever obscure stats make you feel better about the USA beating you AND having more medals.

I think the funniest thing of all this is that most of you are saying "its not a big deal we lost in prelims" when right before the game all I heard out of your mouths was:

"THE USA IS GONNA GET SHUT OUT"
"You cant beat us at our nation sport!"
"American's suck at hockey"

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
[quote1266943349=Propaganda]
The US didn't beat us, we beat ourselves, that's how it works here Steve when it comes to hockey.
[/quote1266943349]

No, I'm pretty sure WE beat you. I didn't see any Canadians with goals on their own team.

Don't try and steal credit from team USA and Miller.

Canada and Broduer sucked, USA and Miller played a top level game.

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
- top line kept shooting pucks at your net minders chest protector

- Brodeur made some of the dumbest plays in hockey history

- Perry's absolute laziness let one of the american skaters score on an empty net.

Propaganda

TD Member
No....no that's not how it works Steve. If we lose, we beat ourselves. We are the best in the world at hockey. For example if they played a game of baseball between Canada and USA, and Canada won, it would only be by some massive failure it would occur, by mistakes, by bad choices. It's kind of like defying physics.

Anyway guess what, it's not over. At the end of the day it's who's standing on the podium. Let's see how it plays out.

[quote1266943934=Leroy]
- Perry's absolute laziness let one of the american skaters score on an empty net.
[/quote1266943934]

Yeah I forgot about that, what the fuck was that? He should be benched too, 3 of the 4 US goals were a result of fail.

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
What ever makes you feel better about losing, I guess.

Its to much for some of you Canadians to take it like men and admit that USA & Miller out played you in every way.

Fork Included

TD Admin
[quote1266944594=BIOP]
Resting is not always a good thing. If Canada finds their swing against Germany, they will come in rolling with momentum against a cold russian team. Having some extra days off is not always a good thing.
[/quote1266944594]

do you not play sports or something?

the human body needs a certain amount of time at rest to rejuvinate, even if they are pro athletes, it just means they have more stamina in them to begin with.

Spinny

TD Admin / Giant Faggot
[quote1266944762=Fork Included]
[quote1266944594=BIOP]
Resting is not always a good thing. If Canada finds their swing against Germany, they will come in rolling with momentum against a cold russian team. Having some extra days off is not always a good thing.
[/quote1266944594]

do you not play sports or something?
[/quote1266944762]

he's right though fork... the guys on Team Canada are all top players on their teams, it takes time for players to get use to their new roles and to start to 'gel' together. An additional game doesn't really matter, these guys are world class athletes, they will only become better the more they play :P .... fuck I hope to god theres a rematch between USA and Canada, when they know elimination is at stake.

And personally I hate all the Brodeur bashing going on, he's the best goalie of all time... he did fuck up huge last game playing the puck (in his defense, the NHL has that stupid trapezoidal area behind the net which limits the goaltender's ability to handle the puck, so he may have been a little rusty), but he's still rock solid and one of the top 5 goaltenders in the NHL.... but yes, he is getting a little old now and not as quick as he use to be, so they will go with Luongo who is also a top 5 goaltender.

I hope Russia doesn't end it for us though like last Olympics :( .... fuckin' russkies :P

BIOP

TD Admin / Rocker of City-Hair
Yes I do. Played baseball for about 10 years. You missed my point. What I am saying is when everything is clicking you can build a lot of momentum. If you have extra days off you can build up some rust. Obviously this is not always the case. Its interesting how you are so quick to be a douchebag, you have some deep psychological problems. I will exit this topic now before it turns it another episode of fork vs. Someone.

Propaganda

TD Member
[quote1266945741=Steve]

Its to much for some of you Canadians to take it like men and admit that USA & Miller out played you in every way.

[/quote1266945741]

If you call getting outshot by double being a better team so be it.

Fork Included

TD Admin
[quote1266946078=BIOP]
Yes I do. Played baseball for about 10 years. You missed my point. What I am saying is when everything is clicking you can build a lot of momentum. If you have extra days off you can build up some rust. Obviously this is not always the case. Its interesting how you are so quick to be a douchebag, you have some deep psychological problems. I will exit this topic now before it turns it another episode of fork vs. Someone.
[/quote1266946078]

I asked a question, you took it personally, and I have problems?

Fuck you fag.

Spinny

TD Admin / Giant Faggot
[quote1266946143=Propaganda]
[quote1266945741=Steve]

[/quote1266945741]

[/quote1266946143]

lol just noticed this too, thanks prop :P ... obviously you didn't watch the game steve

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
[quote1266946345=Spinny]
[quote1266946143=Propaganda]
[quote1266945741=Steve]

[/quote1266945741]

[/quote1266946143]

lol just noticed this too, thanks prop :P ... obviously you didn't watch the game steve
[/quote1266946345]

what I would call being better, is when the other team out shoots you by double and can't get them in the net, and loses.

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
[quote1266946500=BIOP]
[/quote1266946500]

russia won't be inactive on their off days, they will be preparing to smash you canucks.

Narf!

TD Admin
[quote1266946197=Fork Included]
do you not pay sports or something?
[/quote1266946197]

So what sports do *you* play?

There really is no right or wrong to this. Rest would be good, but also playing that one extra game for a team that was put together not long ago is arguably better. I don't think fatigue will play a huge role in all of this, I mean, hey, these are world class athletes here...but teamwork will.

Status
Not open for further replies.