TF2 Trade Server Maps

I'd hate to nudge a dead horse, but is it possible we can roll out a new map that caters to spycrabbing? I had to abuse the Zackychuu out of the Slay and Rocket buttons to user who kept interrupting a high-risk gamble.

With RAWR dead, I think it might be time for a change, while one or two of the servers can continue to run the last revision of the map...

Gatherix

Death by Darkly
I'd hate to nudge a dead horse, but is it possible we can roll out a new map that caters to spycrabbing? I had to abuse the Zackychuu out of the Slay and Rocket buttons to user who kept interrupting a high-risk gamble.

With RAWR dead, I think it might be time for a change, while one or two of the servers can continue to run the last revision of the map...

A map that caters solely to Spycrabbing wouldn't draw any other traffic, and becomes a waste of server power. Crabbing areas are generally small rooms with a glass door that locks from the inside. They work well since players can use them without admin assistance, and admins can always noclip inside if necessary. The idea with trade_plaza is to stick some of these inbetween the spawns (one door, side-walls glass) to make them accessible and so people can watch. As Zacky said, trade_verse has something similar.

Cmp™

Retired Scrub

RAWR as in the map that Toronto 1 3 and 5 are running? With all due respect, RAWR is far from dead. Out of the maps that are in circulation right now, it is my favorite map. It's the most balanced and fun to fight or jump in.

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
Didn't he come back?!
Is he back? My computer has AIDS, been dead for a little while now so I haven't been too active on the forums. Just been checking from my phone.
If he's back, ask him if he'll ever finish dat map. I think traders would love it actually.

Posted from my BB Q10 - Dat Q10 feel

shoottomaim

BANNED
Is he back? My computer has AIDS, been dead for a little while now so I haven't been too active on the forums. Just been checking from my phone.
If he's back, ask him if he'll ever finish dat map. I think traders would love it actually.

Posted from my BB Q10 - Dat Q10 feel

He said he was back like a month back </3.

A map that caters solely to Spycrabbing wouldn't draw any other traffic, and becomes a waste of server power. Crabbing areas are generally small rooms with a glass door that locks from the inside. They work well since players can use them without admin assistance, and admins can always noclip inside if necessary. The idea with trade_plaza is to stick some of these inbetween the spawns (one door, side-walls glass) to make them accessible and so people can watch. As Zacky said, trade_verse has something similar.

It does not have to be purely that, however it's just an idea of mine, however stupid, so people do not suddenly go full retard and earn themselves a boot, or 10.
While the maps look tempting, it's a shame we don't have our own, RIP.

Gatherix

Death by Darkly
It does not have to be purely that, however it's just an idea of mine, however stupid, so people do not suddenly go full retard and earn themselves a boot, or 10.
While the maps look tempting, it's a shame we don't have our own, RIP.

If LB is able to locate the old beta version of our map, I can pass it onto another mapper to be completed.

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
If LB is able to locate the old beta version of our map, I can pass it onto another mapper to be completed.
Finally got the pc running again yesterday, I'm sure I have a copy of it on here somewhere.

Gatherix Either you can find someone to fix it/optimize it or we can ask OG buckshot jr to optimize it for us and release it as a beta until someone can/wants to finish it.

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
Ok the darkly beta version of the map is on trade 6 if anyone wants to try it out and give ideas and feedbacks.

208.68.90.174:27031