TD|Propaganda's old CSS maps

thewhaleman

TD Admin
Whale, let's tag team it if you need. You might have way more team than I. I can validate there were some custom models, but easily replaceable with existing.

Yeah this sounds good. I've never ported a map before so any advice/help is probably a good idea at this point. Since there are so many maps it'd be a good idea to see if we can get multiple maps done at once. The biggest issue atm I think will be the props, I had to remove a lot to get alberta where it's at. I'll keep updating this thread with any progress I can make.

EDIT

I've uploaded the test map I was messing around with yesterday. Mind you it's buggy as shit, but you can still walk around and what not, also got the radar to work.

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=413896100

Just subscribe and load offline ;D

Last edited:

thewhaleman

TD Admin
I obtained a not so legal version of cs:s and unpacked all the cs:s textures and ported them over to csgo.

twJS1Wu.jpg

We were missing textures on 6000 brush faces, with the new files we are down to 1000 faces missing textures. Also I ported a lot of props from CS:S. There still are missing props, but it's beginning to look like a map. If the rest of the maps go this smoothly, this will be pretty easy. The biggest struggle will be optimization, and fixing bugs.

thewhaleman

TD Admin
I decided to test my current texture/model library with another map, so I picked desolation, 90% of everything is here just like alberta. This kinda proves to me porting from CS:S with my current library is pretty reasonable. I think in the coming days I'll manually look for everything I am missing.

0OItgZy.jpg

With that being said I think I might have to bug someone with CS:S to give me some files that I think the pirated CS:S I downloaded was missing/corrupted.

If you have CS:S installed/updated, A basic knowledge of navigating, zipping, and emailing files, please contact me on steam or this forum.

Hotshot.exe

DARKLY Regular
Nope, I didn't play enough on the darkly server in cs:s, it's totally fine if you don't remember. I struggled to be in the top 100 back then.

amanshotme

TD Member
I only remember de_alberta cuz.. fighting in a hockey rink was aweeesome. Damn, I miss all the custom maps TD source server had in its rotation.

thewhaleman

TD Admin
de_desolate_rc1 is almost done. All I am missing is a few props, all textures I could find have been found. There were a few door textures that I can't find. I looked all over the web, from russian sites to spanish sites. No where, so I used doors already in the map. Finally I'll be patching up 1 major map breaking flaw near B site. Besides those two things, the map will be 100% like the old one.

6dc7nwU.jpg
This is what happens when you get an prop error. Valvo is real subtle about error messages.

I need someone who has played the map to test it out, literally walk around and tell me if I am missing anything. I've never played these maps, and decompiling doesn't mean you get the entire map ( it seems ).

After I find these props, finding someone to test it, it'll be done. I can move on to the next one. Another one bites de_dust :o!?

EDIT

I've downloaded a total of 21,000 model files to up my model count in csgo to make sure I can handle any old cs:s maps. It seems to have worked. The problem now is some models are turning out to be missing textures. Not sure how much I can and can't fix, we'll see.

Workshop link will be on on Monday.

Last edited:

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
Any way I can get prop's blessing to work it? Someone shoot him an email?
@OG buckshot jr

Got it!

Sons of Egon, $tve -kE-: Hi prop!!!!!
Propaganda: Shteve
Sons of Egon, $tve -kE-: Long time no see! Hope life is going well for you!
Propaganda: yeah busy man no time to game anymore buddy
Sons of Egon, $tve -kE-: word word
Sons of Egon, $tve -kE-: Hey, I hope this is okay with you. We have one of the newer TD members porting your CSS maps over to CSGO... the players miss outlaws/desolate/dust_td, alberta too much!!
Propaganda: cool would like to see them when they are done
Propaganda: I have a map I was working on it's almost done started working on it couple years ago would be great for csgo
Propaganda: if he does ok at this maybe he can finish that map
Propaganda: i still have the entire source files for all the mpas
Propaganda: the vmf files
Propaganda: de_outlaws too
Propaganda: good map

Last edited: