Pc help?

Regal Waffle

TF2 Admin
Well, I've been getting the problems again.
I've even reinstalled windows (kept files).
The codes are 0x000003b and 0x000007e
I've ran the 3b hotfix, nothing happend.
I think I've diagnosed the problem, I've never ran the motherboard disc, could this cause this problem? Or is there anything else I can do to fix it?
Thanks, and Jakk was right :ok:

Would reinstalling windows and not keeping my files work aswell? I dont mind losing my files.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Both of those error codes can be tricky to diagnose. 7E is mostly caused by a non-fatal hardware cause, i.e. gpu not seated properly, maybe a bad stick of ram etc. Until you test by swapping out parts (take ram out, try other ram, or test 1 stick by 1; try a different video card etc.), you'll not get anywhere.

For 3B, it's mostly a driver issue. Now, with Windows it could be an update that's fucking you, or maybe a driver. Again, there's really no certain way of knowing without analyzing your dump files (.dmp = dump files), which are generated every time your computer has a BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death).

I would install every update you can, make sure you're on Service Pack 1, and update all of your computer's drivers (YES - this includes all of your motherboard's drivers for chipset, sata controllers, etc.).

Once you do that, it might help you narrow things down (should you still be crashing). This is all done much quicker than re-installing, and is much less hastle.

Well, I've been getting the problems again.
I've even reinstalled windows (kept files).
The codes are 0x000003b and 0x000007e
I've ran the 3b hotfix, nothing happend.
I think I've diagnosed the problem, I've never ran the motherboard disc, could this cause this problem? Or is there anything else I can do to fix it?
Thanks, and Jakk was right :ok:

Would reinstalling windows and not keeping my files work aswell? I dont mind losing my files.
Complete wipe of files? If not, :getout:

Did you install the files for the mobo that I linked earlier?

wtf, never saw that post ahaha, but it comes up with 58 files
anyway, i will be doing this tomorrow
It's only...2 files I think, you have to find your specific hardware on there. I thought the link sent you directly on there.

Let me know when you are going to do this...with a CLEAN Windows installation.