Pc help?

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
i think there is a bios option to make the bsod stay for your viewing pleasure. (i have no idea what im saying, i might be wrong)
Nope.. Wish there was :(

EDIT: jakksilves Well Jack, instead of quoting my long post to make two long posts... if it doesn't turn on, we can turn to strictly hardware alternatives (at least the pc not turning on at all, as in zero power, would rule out any software/driver issues). From there, we can attempt another power supply, etc. and go from there.

Nope.. Wish there was :(

EDIT: jakksilves Well Jack, instead of quoting my long post to make two long posts... if it doesn't turn on, we can turn to strictly hardware alternatives (at least the pc not turning on at all, as in zero power, would rule out any software/driver issues). From there, we can attempt another power supply, etc. and go from there.
His Motherboard seems to be receiving 'power', but pressing the button won't start it up.

Reason I quoted like that was because I thought you two missed the updates, which it appears you did. I like my short posts. :scumbag:

Edit: I originally thought the OS may have a fault, but it looks like now the rig has closed itself like a shell.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
No, I didn't miss the update.

Mobo showing a power light only means it's getting some power. Perhaps the 12V rail is fucked, therefore CPU/GPU not getting juice. You never know.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Regal - where do you live? Are you in the GTA? If so, I can meet you and have a good look at it. I've also got spare parts we can test out. Obviously I'm not gonna charge you, so you can avoid spending money :D

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
I would go if I had a car
I've been saying to him all through this it's really hard for me to check what's wrong if I can't see the actual computer.
:/

Hopefully It'l get fixed soon

Rams

TD Admin
My PC use to lock up and wouldn't turn on, the power light would go on but nothing would appear on my screen. It was a old computer though. Just ended up buying a new one. Before that ^ it would restart constantly until it fully crashed. Almost had an issue with my new computer started restarting like the old one. I send it in for repair and they changed the mobo and power supply and few other things.

My PC use to lock up and wouldn't turn on, the power light would go on but nothing would appear on my screen. It was a old computer though. Just ended up buying a new one. Before that ^ it would restart constantly until it fully crashed. Almost had an issue with my new computer started restarting like the old one. I send it in for repair and they changed the mobo and power supply and few other things.
Almost sounds like the human version of a heart attack.

Regal Waffle

TF2 Admin
First thing's first.

When you do push the power button: What happens?

When it does Blue Screen: What's the error code?
Here's where to look for the error code - you must be QUICK LIKE A PAKISTANI FLYING FISH when catching this code!!
17.jpg
<------ That's the most important part: Lower red box, where it says 0x000000A -> The 0A would be the actual code. Holler with some info and we can go from there.
got pc to work, dad couldnt really help. got this code (well what I salvaged): 0x0000003b (0x:000000000C0000005, 0xFFFFFB0002c3d80b, 0xFFFFF8800936

got pc to work, dad couldnt really help. got this code (well what I salvaged): 0x0000003b (0x:000000000C0000005, 0xFFFFFB0002c3d80b, 0xFFFFF8800936
So you were able to actually boot up and this is what appeared?

Did your Dad *or you* remove the RAM sticks, clean slots, sticks, replace, blow out every single spec of dust in the machine? *Including the heat sinks.*

The error code it is giving you is a generic Stop Code. Something failed inside the PC. The other three codes, I don't recognize, are you certain you wrote them down correctly?

Regal Waffle

TF2 Admin
So you were able to actually boot up and this is what appeared?

Did your Dad *or you* remove the RAM sticks, clean slots, sticks, replace, blow out every single spec of dust in the machine? *Including the heat sinks.*

The error code it is giving you is a generic Stop Code. Something failed inside the PC. The other three codes, I don't recognize, are you certain you wrote them down correctly?
just did some googling.
It's a driver stacking error? I tried the hot fix, didnt work. Gonna restore from 19th feb, seeming it's now turning on and not blue screening when it does (straight away). But in the mean while, do you know what driver stacking is? :s

Regal Waffle

TF2 Admin
Thanks for the help, I think it's all fixed now. Been on for an hour and a bit. No signs of slowing down, etc. But getting use to this keyboard is hard :D