[How not to buy a PC] Got a new comp

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Dude... Genesis.... return it, spend 2 hours with me and I'll build the motherfucker for you. You'll save $500 and have a much faster computer... (honest opinion, don't mean to be a dick :/ )

Pyro

TD Admin
yep. fuck amd and fuck premade rigs. either the components are sub-par or they over-charge. most often they do both. then they make you spend EXTRA for a useful warranty! hope you get a full refund!

impruv

TD Member
yep. fuck amd and fuck premade rigs. either the components are sub-par or they over-charge. most often they do both. then they make you spend EXTRA for a useful warranty! hope you get a full refund!

That's a little bit harsh. ATI (now AMD) GPU's are fine to me! OC'd 6870's running fine and dandy :)
And top-notch performance, yea intel is better atm but when it comes to bang for buck you can't beat AMD atm.

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
Yea that 6990 is fucking wicked. It's only gets edged out by 580 Sli systems, pretty fucking awesome.

Makes me sad AMD's stock is less then $7, when ATI is whopping some ars.

B.From.Acc

TD Admin
hah!

intel chipsets/ processor = win. and from my experience amd gpu = win also.

my buddy use to work at best buy, manager of geeksquad, and he said on one shipment, whoever was handling them replaced all the internals of the HP towers with bricks! lol, best buy for systems = no go!!

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
but in that case means everything else in that computer is from a 286

dead mike

TD Member, Legend, Puncher of Faces, Chatbox King
Here's a good start on what an AMD rig should be.

400buckslol.png

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
@ DM's post: that HDD is 16MB cache as opposed to 32MB, that PSU won't power shit, hence your GPU choice, and that processor is dual-core. He's obviously not broke man lol

dead mike

most games still only need dual core, and that's a pretty nice dualcore+mobo for 150, nothing wrong with a 450 watt psu either, it's a good brand and the next level is at least double/triple the price... and i dont think hdd cache means f all.

that rig will play most games today on high just fine likely including bf3 at a resolution 1080p or less. i could be wrong, but i doubt it.

dead mike

Here's some protips for buying a new computer I found on another site:

"If you're in Canada I suggest this.

>Keep the combos on Newegg if they're really good
>BUY THE REST OF YOUR SHIT FROM NCIX.COM
>You can ship everything for $20 instead of spending $5-10 on several components
>Go to Pricebat.ca
>Find the cheapest prices for items
>Go back to Ncix and use the Pricematch feature
>Save potentially $100-200
>Hookers and Blow

The only downside too this is navigating the terrible website design."