[How not to buy a PC] Got a new comp

cattra

TD Member
It looks like a very nice PC. 6 cores, 2TB space, 12GB of DDR3 and an ATI 6670. I think you will be happy for a bit, mainly with three extra PCI-E ports at your disposal if you possibly want to Crossfire at a later date. Did you just buy the tower or did you get the monitor too?

Genesis

TD Admin
yes i got the monitor i know the hard drive is poo i relized that going in but i will replace it in the future and i did get the warranty was a lil scared about buying from best buy but its good i think lol we will see i plan on changing it in the future its just so convenient with the payment plans they offer so i will change it up later

cattra

TD Member
Besides hard drives are not that expensive to replace unless your going solid state. Not sure about the Best Buy warranty since they treat people a little better then FutureShop. They screwed me out of getting my laptop fixed for school even though I bought the 3 year plan. All I have to say is MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A SURGE PROTECTOR, apparently, or well for Future Shop at least if you don't then they are apparently not liable for if a surge fries your mobo because your surge protector has not arrived on dorm yet from home, where you forgot it.

cattra

TD Member
Ah ok, mine said I did but then in the small text it said something like "if use with form of power surge protector" which sucked. I would of got it if I was not honest with them and told them it still fried, but because I told the truth they said no.

Spinny

TD Admin / Giant Faggot
Agreed Cock, I will never buy an assembled piece of shit from Future Shop/Best Buy/Anywhere... once you build one computer, you can't go back...

decent machine but could have got better bang for the buck building...

and Best Buy owns Future Shop, so its the same shit, they just have different rotating deals/specials

Genesis

TD Admin
NOTE TO EVERYOne DONT BE LAZY FFS i would of never bought a comp from best buy in my life i dont know wtf i was thinking

cattra

TD Member
Hmm. I guess besides my laptop I have never bought a pre-made PC at a big name retail store. The one I currently run I got as a local computer store was going out of business and it was a good deal at the time (about a year ago now)
I picked up my pre-built PC (it was made by the guy there, so I guess somewhat pre-built) which has a i7, ATI 5570, 2TB HD with hot-slots in the case, BR-Drive, DVD-drive, 8GB DDR3 for about $750.

For the price at the time its pretty good, everything works well and what not, but then again, this was not a big chain store either, this guy most likely knew what he was doing.

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
for 1300, pyro built a crazy 2500k with ssd and haf932 case. fucking quadruple speeds.