de_secretproject

thewhaleman

TD Admin
UPDATE

Update
Today ( 11/23/2014 ) was the last test for awhile, with the feedback I got I am confident with the decisions I've made to the map. I am moving forward with fully completing the map and creating a playable beta. This will include fixing current layout issues found in testing, details, full texturing, optimization, proper sky box and completion of a growing to-do list.

There will be one more chance to beta test in 2-3 weeks if you missed out. This beta test will be of the playable beta, to make sure I haven't missed anything obvious.

Finally the link to the downloadable version of the map tested today, will be available soon to everybody interested in giving me offline feedback on the map. Thanks to everyone who has beta tested so far, you really have changed the map for the better.

You can now go back to posting about pros being cheating scum and how Egon is the best map on the server.

thewhaleman

TD Admin
The map tested that was tested yesterday.

Public versions

dGoggyZ.png

Still not optimized, and for sure a work in progress. However this is the first look at how the entire map will mostly work together. Do not consider this how the final version will play, a lot of issues came up while testing it, so the final version will be different. Thanks everybody.

Download: http://yougetcake.com/scottstrash/CSGO/de_midnight_pb2.rar [2.8mb]

Sorry I missed out yesterday Whaleman, fuckin' life and shit

That's alright, I see how it is...life is more important then testing this for me...Ok.. ;)

Yeah, sorry @thewhaleman , I should be able to make it next time.

I hope so, I look forward to more feedback !

thewhaleman

TD Admin
So what do you get if you help out?
You'll get my ever lasting gratitude, also your username will appear somewhere among the map in the final version.

Been getting annoyed trying to fix the maps layout issues, timings/angles and what not. So I decided to take a break and start work on my promises to sneak every username who helped me out during beta, into the map. Thanks @pepper333 , you'll always be remembered for helping me out with this, burger vending machine, because that sounds healthy. To everyone else who has helped me out so far, your username will also be somewhere in my map. This is the only one I'll make public, the rest will be a Easter egg hunt for those who know.

YguYsqi.jpg

Just wanted to make sure no one thought I wasn't working on it.

With hugs and kisses, thewhaleman.

thewhaleman

TD Admin
Hey guys! I fucked up huge yesterday and it set me back 2-3 days :D, super stoked about that. However I am still working on the first play-able beta.

Currently turning the map into a more final play-able beta...slow process.

8VP83hY.jpg

What is currently done.

QBFSZiw.jpg

Outside of A looks a little different...

UEkCCME.jpg

A site will be a server room, these will not be the final server racks, but will do just fine for the beta.

The game plan is simple, I will be finishing off this version of the map, it will only have things that will effect gameplay. This way I can see how the map plays, with the feedback of the beta tests, still don't know the details of the beta tests, I will change the map how I see fit. Then once I am happy with the layout and gameplay, I will push to finish the map, this involves making it pretty and optimizing the best I can.

Last edited:

thewhaleman

TD Admin
"Sunday December 28th.
This is the date when the last an final test before playable beta will be....hopefully.

The Monday after the test test I will be making the test version public to anyone who wants to test without me ( losers D: ). It will be up for one week as I make the final adjustments for the playable beta, during this week I will be open to suggestions/bug fixes of the sort.

Big thanks to Pepper, Amanshotme, Noob, Aphy, Snake, AR, and MetalLobster for helping out so far."

thewhaleman

TD Admin
"Sunday January 9th.
On this day the map will be released on steam workshop. The date was suppose to be 5th, but life and stuff. Deal with it. This beta will still be missing some stuff, but the main bits will all be done. If you want to suggest anything for the map, or criticize how bad I am at map making, please tell me by the 8th.

Public versions

Last beta before public release on steam workshop.

Download: http://yougetcake.com/scottstrash/de_midnight_prebeta.zip "

Things have already started to change thanks to the last beta test.

thewhaleman

TD Admin
Probably another delay, work got in the way when work wasn't suppose to get in the way. So to please you until who knows when I finally can release beta, sneak peak at some cover from CT to bomb site A ( aka server room ).

bcPhJOU.png

Lets hope bot snake makes quality server parts to protect you from bullets.