de_secretproject

thewhaleman

TD Admin
De_notAnotherSecretProject D:

Hey!

With de_midnight soon reaching its final stages, I have decided to roll out the next project! I'm not one hundred percent sure why, but for some weird reason I want your help again! However things are going to be a little different/easier?

Right now my secret project is on the workshop! However only my friends can view this workshop page. So at all you have to do is subscribe and it will all be automatically updated with the power of magic. Neeto right? However you might be asking "Is this noob going to put our names in the map again?". The answer is probably. Which brings me to my next thing...

Want your name in the map!?
Of course you do, I will be updating this post with information about the next test date. Be sure to have me as a friend on steam, and to be subscribed to the private map link. From there we'll all get together on a date, and you can tell me how much I suck at map making! If you contribute even the smallest suggestion that makes sense, your name will appear in the map! Because you helped! Hell even if you stay quite the whole time and just say "this is good", you'll probably end up somewhere.

If you already have me as a friend, or adding me as a friend, hit me up if you want to be included on the private tests. So I can bug you on that day.

Note: the amount you suggests doesn't mean you get an amazing spot in the map, your name has to make sense in the context I put it in.

Current version

-----------------------------------------------Workshop Link-----------------------------------------------
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=450151962
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note you have to add me on steam to see the map, sorry, my profile!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/thewhaleman/

Name: de_itsGoingToBeASurprise

Version:
1.0b

Details:
This is the first version of the map made public, so it's not pretty in any regard. However it has the general layout done, however B site is not done. I would like input on the general layout, and any concerns that you might see. Seeing as the bots are bugged at the moment, you wont really be able to test it with bots...Anyways.. I've done some things I personally have never seen in other maps, so a lot of things might not stay around because they simply don't work...

Known Issues:
- You can get on top of stuff you probably shouldn't be allowed to get on top of.
- Crashes first time loading the map.
-

de_midnight

( http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=375808352 )

Beta released. You can all now subscribe to it. Enjoy.

Next update ( V4 )
-Skybox fix
-Ct spawn expansion
-Visual upgrades
-Removing "aphy was here"

P.S. Those who are not in de_midnight yet, I promise you I am working on it! Also I lied, your name will probably be added in one of the last updates to the map, I want to fix the layout before focusing on visuals, sorry :(

Last edited:

Noob.

TD Member
Looks awesome so far Whaleman! I'd love to help out but I can't promise being online on Sundays, so I'll stay to the side (unless you need me).

thewhaleman

TD Admin
If you need help with anything (mapping, radar, optimization etc.), let me know. Lookin good!

The whole "optimization" part I might take you up on. Since that bit confuses me. Thanks :D

Looks awesome so far Whaleman! I'd love to help out but I can't promise being online on Sundays, so I'll stay to the side (unless you need me).

It might be this Sunday or next, I don't know how much free time I'll get to work on it. If you're online I'll give you a heads up :D Every map should be noob friendly.

thewhaleman

TD Admin
UPDATE:

TZXz6tm.png

This is the map Snake and aR tested for me. T, and Ct spawn are only temporary in this version so timing are not accurate. This test was mainly focuses on B site, and mid 2 B, so don't expect much. I'd prefer if you didn't consider this what the final product will be, B site has changed a lot in size, lighting is only temporary ( lots of dark spots ) and there is some sloppy map making. GLHF.

Download: http://yougetcake.com/scottstrash/CSGO/de_NF_beta_1.rar [1.29 MB]

@amanshotme , as requested, a version you can walk around in.

Drop them files into
C:\Program Files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\maps

Speaking of mappers, I just ran into Volcano tonight for the first time in one of Frag Shack's servers. Perhaps the two of you will collaborate on something someday! At the very least, he should serve as a good source of inspiration. He's one of my favourite mappers, for sure: http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/44235769678112783/9C9682F4F68AD833DF8A77EBD63D8704C722ABC7/

Look forward to helping out. Just let me know.
He is a legend. Him and FMPONE, mygawd. Crown is so good.

MetalLobster

TD Admin
Hey, so I just tried the map that you've uploaded. During my run, I've timed myself as CT and T getting to B, nades, and positions for holding B. Here are the rough notes that I jotted down while playing around:

// Before I begin, I just want to say I can see this map looking great.

<note>
aYbT8uN.jpg
Breakable and unbreakable glass look the same. It would be really annoying to attempt a take at mid and lose flash or smoke this way.

WYwhWpg.jpg
2y3pc8N.jpg

At the moment, I can see CTs having a hard time getting to the second floor of B, because T can face ladder before CT can get there, and T and CT can face long B at the same time. A solution can be to move ladder so that when CTs climb it, they aren't immediately exposed and to make stairs face CT spawn instead of long.

VD6bo0x.jpg

I don't know if I'm a fan of this garage door, but it's probably because I don't see it on any other map.

uyqSNQP.jpg

Another example of unbreakable and breakable glass looking the same.

LQgX4JB.jpg
M9hcUlX.jpg

OMG fence blocking my nades :tableflip:

</note>

PS. Thanks for letting us beta your map! Good luck on finishing this map

thewhaleman

TD Admin
Update...
This Sunday
Update: There will be a test this Sunday so be sure to be online if you want to give feedback. Play testing has shown a few problems with the current A site, I'm reworking it. So this Sundays test will be strictly B site/mid test only, however it'll be textured. Unlike the current public version, and it will have some updates to it, all feedback is welcome!

Hey, so I just tried the map that you've uploaded. During my run, I've timed myself as CT and T getting to B, nades, and positions for holding B. Here are the rough notes that I jotted down.......

Thanks for testing it :D A lot of those issues are just bad map making on my part, because to be honest, the first 3 days I had no idea what I was doing. Hammer is very outdated, not like any program I am use to using. Some weird interfacing makes for an awkward process in map making. However I think I got a good hang of things now. You should come this Sunday and test it out ;) I'll also be releasing the version that is tested this Sunday publicly as well, so you can test offline.

PS. the automatic doors have been removed, because they're to glitchy with multiple users, and very annoying.

thewhaleman

TD Admin
Update, new public version released. Also looks like I will again be testing with Sunday, so be online and give me a heads up you want to test it out.
Also the map will be called de_midnight, to make sure no one gets confused ( like we all our when we vote for season ), I'm open to different names if someone suggests something good ;)
Public versions

FGTdsDe.png

Please mind this version is not optimized, you might experience lower then usually fps. This was the map tested on Sunday by a couple of darkly members ( thanks! ), some things will change about this version in the future thanks to feedback. Also first skinned version of the map released publicly. If you have any troubles message me.

Download: http://yougetcake.com/scottstrash/CSGO/t_nf_final_half.rar [5.71mb]

Last edited: