DARKLY Trade Map - Mappers Needed!

Starman4xz

DARKLY Regular
Keep in mind the Darkly servers upload rate (It's pretty fast. Atleast 2-3 mbps since it holds around 32 players without causing choke. ~15kbps a player. And there is a lot of servers out there using around 2-3 or more mbps as well)

Fourty7

A Little Darkly
You aren't actually downloading the map from the server, if they've done it correctly you should be downloading from a folder on "ftp.darklygaming.com". I'll get in touch with the server hosters to make sure they know whatsup, but I know the TD CSS Pub server works like that.

I've run into a slight problem, not with the map with my comp.. So pissed.

I decided yesterday out of boredom to install "Rainmeter" (Desktop modding program), and a skin I got for it disabled my task manager and registry editing... So I've got one line of priorities with my comp right now...

1-Finish this map
2-Backup C:\ On my domain
3-Format... Ugh
4-Install the 3000 programs I actually use

I would format right now but that would delay the release of this map as well as make it a pain in the ass to set up the editor again before continuing to work on it. I'll keep you posted!

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
Wow dude, that sucks.

I use Rainmeter, but I'm really not a heavy customiser.
Just a few bits and bobs.
I mainly just download folders with skins in, and use random parts from each skin to my liking.

What skin was it? Just as a warning, in case I like the look of it when I see it.

Hope all goes well with fixing your PC.

Fourty7

A Little Darkly
Yep that's how it works, fast download that is.

It was some massive pack I found on deviant art, girl generation something (lol @ name), it had like a shit ton in it and I tested at least half of them... No idea which specific one it was. I was mostly using a group of them in a folder labelled "Spaceship".

Comp fix will go fine, not looking forward to backing stuff up after setting this comp up not so long ago. Thanks though! :)

---EDIT---

Fixed everything without format. GPEDIT.MSC = master tool for controlling access. Part of windows (Group Policies).

Comps running fine as hell, aaaaaand now for a bit of side tracking...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-YxBRxpWcg&hd=1

Get to the chopper!! ...and I shouldn't have gone third person. This is ArmA 2, and the map/island I'm flying on is what the zombie game I keep talking about is played on. It's... enormous compared to any other game. Flying in ArmA is the best though, because it has free look (mouse look).

Okay now time to get this map done.