CSGO videos

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Really, on a 4670K??

Here's what I've got and fps:
Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.4Ghz
Asus GTX 780Ti, I overclocked to some numbers I can't remember (must check afterburner, too lazy)
12GB ram yadda yadda

tf2:go settings
fps_max "121"
Vsync ON

Monitor: Samsung S27A950D 120Hz
She literally never ever dips below 120fps.

amanshotme

TD Member
:knowfeel:

Do you ever dip below 200 FPS with your current set up and settings, and if so, how often and under what circumstances? I'm curious.

The specs of my rig currently:

i5 4670k 3.4ghz, OCed it to 4.0ghz.
EVGA GTX770
8gb RAM

Video settings:
1024x768 stretched
Everything on High
MSAA 8x (?) Nvidia Controlled

The minimum I get is 120fps on those crazy large and unoptimized maps like cs_insertion. On stock maps, I get between 180 and 300 fps even on 32 man servers. When I change the res to 1080p, I get between 100 and 150 fps on stock maps and about 40 fps on maps like cs_insertion ..oh god I hate that map....

I thought that as long as frames are above your the refresh rate of your monitor gameplay should be and feel smooth. However (it might just be me) I find that when frames are below 200, things feel kinda choppy with regards to mouse movement. Therefore I changed my res to get the most fps as possible.

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
However (it might just be me) I find that when frames are below 200, things feel kinda choppy with regards to mouse movement. Therefore I changed my res to get the most fps as possible.
It's not just you. The game feels more responsive to me at 200-300 FPS, even if my eyes can't see beyond the refresh rate of my monitor. In 30 player servers I usually get around 200 FPS in spawn, between 120-180 FPS at choke points, and up to 300 FPS in areas where nothing is going on (I have a 300 FPS cap on). In MM, my frame rate is above 200 at all times, no matter what's going on.

amanshotme

TD Member
It's not just you. The game feels more responsive to me at 200-300 FPS, even if my eyes can't see beyond the refresh rate of my monitor. In 30 player servers I usually get around 200 FPS in spawn, between 120-180 FPS at choke points, and up to 300 FPS in areas where nothing is going on (I have a 300 FPS cap on). In MM, my frame rate is above 200 at all times, no matter what's going on.

Yeah exactly. I feel that the crosshair to mouse relationship is a lot closer at those higher frames for some odd reason.

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
Yeah exactly. I feel that the crosshair to mouse relationship is a lot closer at those higher frames for some odd reason.
I wouldn't word it like that, but I think I know what you mean. I think what we're both referring to here is input latency. This has been discussed to death before, and I'm still all for high FPS for Source games.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
That's because they are. However, what you guys don't realize is, is that you're limited by your monitor's refresh rate. So although you may 'feel' that relationship getting better, you're not. In fact, because your monitor is getting bombarded with too many frames per refresh interval (i.e. 200fps on a 60hz monitor = you're losing 140fps per refresh cycle; thus you're actually decreasing accuracy in mouse movements). You're feeling a bouncier mouse, but losing actual movements.

But hey, whatever works. I know cs is largely a head-game..

Last edited:

amanshotme

TD Member
That's because they are. However, what you guys don't realize is, is that you're limited by your monitor's refresh rate. So although you may 'feel' that relationship getting better, you're not. In fact, because your monitor is getting bombarded with too many frames per refresh interval (i.e. 200fps on a 60hz monitor = you're losing 140fps per refresh cycle; thus you're actually decreasing accuracy in mouse movements). You're feeling a bouncier mouse, but losing actual movements.

But hey, whatever works. I know cs is largely a head-game..

Yeah that maybe it lol. The funny thing is that this started happening when I got a 144hz monitor lol

amanshotme

TD Member
60Hz IPS monitor master race

Yeah at the time it was a toss up between the Dell U2412M a very good IPS monitor which I could also use for photo editing and the Asus vg248. Well it looked like I enjoyed CS more than photos lol.

Freak

DARKLY Regular
Yeah at the time it was a toss up between the Dell U2412M a very good IPS monitor which I could also use for photo editing and the Asus vg248. Well it looked like I enjoyed CS more than photos lol.
Yeah IPS monitors tend to be on the slow side, luckily my primary monitor has a 5ms refresh rate which is relatively nothing. My 27" IPS has an 8ms rate, better than most but I wouldn't game on it.

I like bright colours and vibrant textures on my monitor, as I prefer having fun than being a statwhore like everyth1ng.:trollface:

Hinouchi

TD Admin
Yeah IPS monitors tend to be on the slow side, luckily my primary monitor has a 5ms refresh rate which is relatively nothing. My 27" IPS has an 8ms rate, better than most but I wouldn't game on it.

I like bright colours and vibrant textures on my monitor, as I prefer having fun than being a statwhore like everyth1ng.:trollface:

For CSGO, not worth the color and vibrant textures XD

I can understand if it was Skyrim with like HD mod and everything~ but CSGO is all about the gameplay~ :P

Last edited:

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular

You see, I can't have fun when I'm looking at a slide show. It's difficult enough to track stuff at 75hz, ffs.

Freak

DARKLY Regular
For CSGO, not worth the color and vibrant textures XD

I can understand if it was Skyrim with like HD mod and everything~ but CSGO is all about the gameplay~ :P
You do realise I, wait for it, play OTHER games?

...I'll show myself out now. :feelsbad: