CSGO videos

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
Yeah, I agree that the image quality is pretty bad in all of the videos posted so far, but that can be easily improved. Whenever I've uploaded videos to Youtube in the past, I've made sure to render with Vegas Pro. I'd always record in the highest possible quality, and then make a high quality Youtube ready file from the source. It's worth the time and effort, imo.

Hinouchi

TD Admin
Yeah, I agree that the image quality is pretty bad in all of the videos posted so far, but that can be easily improved. Whenever I've uploaded videos to Youtube in the past, I've made sure to render with Vegas Pro. I'd always record in the highest possible quality, and then make a high quality Youtube ready file from the source. It's worth the time and effort, imo.
It's the lazy man record style~ :P

OH and for recorder, there's this one call MSI afterburner, it's an overclock utility for video card, it have a build-in recorder too.

1 more recorder for the AMD bros, it's calls RadeonPro, good little utility for adding SweetFX or inject visual tweak into games / Overclock video card / OSD. NOTE: it's a beta software, and the guy that made RadeonPro have now teamed up with AMD to work on the AMD evolved software.

Last edited:

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
OH and for recorder, there's this one call MSI afterburner, it's an overclock utility for video card, it have a build-in recorder too.

1 more recorder for the AMD bros, it's calls RadeonPro, good little utility for adding SweetFX or inject visual tweak into games / Overclock video card / OSD. NOTE: it's a beta software, and the guy that made RadeonPro have now teamed up with AMD to work on the AMD evolved software.

Yeah, I actually have both of those programs already installed.

I have the R9 290, so I might try to record sometime, too. We'll see. Even without recording, though, I'm not very happy with my frame rate in 30 player servers in CS:GO. The game eats CPU like a motherfucker.

Last edited:

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon

I have the R9 290, so I might try to record sometime, too. We'll see. Even without recording, though, I'm not very happy with my frame rate in 30 player servers in CS:GO. The game eats CPU like a motherfucker.
pcspecs?

Hinouchi

TD Admin

What's your setting in CS:GO? and your cpu?

High setting demo.

This is another one that I recorded like 1 year ago in Chivalry with afterburner.

shoottomaim

BANNED
First ninja I was able to get using AMD's software. I'm using an AMD A10 laptop so... yeah. If anyone decides to use this the sound is off by like a millisecond :/. FPS is better towards the end.
:fffeel:

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
If steam record is working for CSGO now, youy fags will have much better success with that.

Record + virtual dub + vegas

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
@Steve and @Hinouchi

Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.7GHz
Gigabyte EX58-UD5
6GB DDR3
AMD R9 290
Windows Vista 64-bit
Samsung SyncMaster 931 @75hz

All CSGO setting are on the lowest setting at native resolution (1440x900) except for MSAA, but I get 8X MSAA for free at my resolution. I almost never go below 120 FPS in 30 player servers, but I'd like my minimum FPS to be much higher. I'm going to need to upgrade my CPU and motherboard soon. I'm going to be getting the Asus VG248QE soon, too.

Last edited:

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
@Steve and @Hinouchi

Gigabyte EX58-UD5
6GB DDR3
AMD R9 290
Windows Vista 64-bit

All CSGO setting are on the lowest setting at native resolution (1440x900) except for MSAA, but I get 8X MSAA for free at my resolution. I almost never go below 120 FPS in 30 player servers, but I'd like my minimum FPS to be much higher. I'm going to need to upgrade my CPU and motherboard soon. I'm going to be getting the Asus VG248QE soon, too.
You want to cap your fps to your monitor's refresh rate, that way you won't really need AA. AA also has huge impact on mouse movement, fyi.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
I thought AA would only effect mouse movement if it was decreasing the frame rate (which it is not, in my case). No?
I have no science behind this, but I tested it in CS:S, TF2:GO and BF3/4 - the moment I enable AA, the mouse is 'laggy': The movement is literally behind by a few milliseconds. I will never ever again use AA, ever.

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
I have no science behind this, but I tested it in CS:S, TF2:GO and BF3/4 - the moment I enable AA, the mouse is 'laggy': The movement is literally behind by a few milliseconds. I will never ever again use AA, ever.
I don't know about CS:S, but I've also had this experience in other games. Look at this, though, @OG buckshot jr :

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=308864341
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=308859379

Last edited:

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
So what am I looking at?
Oh, I'm assuming the fact that AA isn't costing you a lot of FPS. In tf2:go, it won't cost you anything. 99% of this shitty engine is cpu-based, meaning even if you run integrated gpu, you'll get 300+fps with a decent processor.

amanshotme

TD Member
@Steve and @Hinouchi

Gigabyte EX58-UD5
6GB DDR3
AMD R9 290
Windows Vista 64-bit

Yeah hate how CSGO eats so much CPU. Had to overclock my 4670k to 4.0ghz in order to get consistent 200+ fps ....at 1024x768 lol. Playing at native res (1080p) is such a horrible experience when playing in 30 man servers with 144hz refresh rate..too much framerate variation.

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
Yeah hate how CSGO eats so much CPU. Had to overclock my 4670k to 4.0ghz in order to get consistent 200+ fps ....at 1024x768 lol. Playing at native res (1080p) is such a horrible experience when playing in 30 man servers with 144hz refresh rate..too much framerate variation.
:knowfeel:

Do you ever dip below 200 FPS with your current set up and settings, and if so, how often and under what circumstances? I'm curious.