Follow buckshotjr's Liquid Cooling Adventure!

Freak

DARKLY Regular
NnoGhN1.gif

Seriously. I don't know why I haven't seen this thread yet. Maybe I could learn a thing or two, I've been debating LC'ing my PC for some time now, not least because of my work.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Got my parts!! Just waiting on tubing, fittings and coolant. Using my Radiator (wow this thing is massive), pump/resevoir and location of cpu/gpu, I have mapped out the tubing, know the lengths and which fittings I need (whether it be 45degree, 90degree etc.). This is why I've ordered the main parts first :)

I'm excited!!!!!

Hinouchi

TD Admin
Got my parts!! Just waiting on tubing, fittings and coolant. Using my Radiator (wow this thing is massive), pump/resevoir and location of cpu/gpu, I have mapped out the tubing, know the lengths and which fittings I need (whether it be 45degree, 90degree etc.). This is why I've ordered the main parts first :)

I'm excited!!!!!

Take some pic man! build log with no pic! SUCKS! :P

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
So I'm up and running! No video taken as I did everything myself and found it way too hard to videotape (I don't have a camcorder, so I use my Z10, and it's too small to hold) and do shit. I took a lot of pictures and will create a video in which I will voiceover with directions/commentary as the pics flow. I'll post a video of the running rig with UV tubing/lights etc. hopefully by tonight!

P.S. I've overclocked my 780Ti by 200Mhz core and 200Mhz memory and game at 37C. First time in my life the GPU is cooler than the cpu lol

Reactions: 47

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Teasers, while I get everything uploaded and shit..

Front: Reservoir with blue lighting. Above that are two digital temperature displays: One of them plugged directly to my reservoir to tell me the water temp; another (left-side) to tell me ambient case temp.
Front.jpg

Side/Front View
Side_Angle.jpg

Side View: the tubing looks solid under the UV light so you can't really see liquid flowing. This will change when I put LED's in the CPU block and GPU block ;)
Side.jpg

Inside a little more detail
IMG_20140511_210522.jpg

Stan Radner

DARKLY Regular
lol Tough to see, but there's a decimal place there. It's 29.1C.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much. But fuck it, I make good money and this setup will last me a very, very long time.

And then next gen gaming hardware for PC's is released making everything else obsolete and inferior.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
And then next gen gaming hardware for PC's is released making everything else obsolete and inferior.

While this may have been true in the past, we are now in a technological plateau, so to speak. The gaps between generations of processors is small enough not to warrant the cost of upgrading. GPU's, on the other hand, could always be upgraded every couple of years, but I bet I'll have a greater resale value having a 780Ti than most other people will not having a 780Ti. I got a "off the truck" price, so that's why I bought it :)

Stan Radner

DARKLY Regular
While this may have been true in the past, we are now in a technological plateau, so to speak. The gaps between generations of processors is small enough not to warrant the cost of upgrading. GPU's, on the other hand, could always be upgraded every couple of years, but I bet I'll have a greater resale value having a 780Ti than most other people will not having a 780Ti. I got a "off the truck" price, so that's why I bought it :)

random-funny-hilarious-pp-12.jpg

$alvador

TD Member
While this may have been true in the past, we are now in a technological plateau, so to speak. The gaps between generations of processors is small enough not to warrant the cost of upgrading.

I'm going to reserve my opinion of this comment until later this summer once the Devil's Canyon CPUs are out and once the X99 chipset is out and we get to see how fast shit can boogie with SATA Express and quad-channel DDR4 RAM.