WTF happened to Glock Fade pricing?!

Slawek

TD Admin
So the Glock Fade, the skin which used to drop for free when the whole skin system was introduced, settled at the $70-$80 range for a Factory New skin for a long time. The minimal wear was always around $15 more expensive due to its rarity.

Then, like 2 weeks ago, it friggin' spiked! The Factory New version is now at $150, while the minimal wear is around $225!

I wonder if people are just buying it up as it's impossible to get anymore? Kinda like what happened to the M4 Howl Stat Trak?

Sushicutter

TD Admin
Alot of the older skins have been steadily going up in price for the last little while. I bought a stattrack aug wings for 3 cents wayyy back and now its selling for $2.50

Slawek

TD Admin
Alot of the older skins have been steadily going up in price for the last little while. I bought a stattrack aug wings for 3 cents wayyy back and now its selling for $2.50
A lot of that also has to do with the tweaks they do to the guns. The aug used to suck, then they made it fire like a P90 and it sky rocketed

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
A lot of that also has to do with the tweaks they do to the guns. The aug used to suck, then they made it fire like a P90 and it sky rocketed
Yeah, if they nerf the CZ we can expect those prices to drop as everyone starts switching to P250 again.

dastrokes

I'm New Here
I actually bought a MW one "for investment" the day it stopped dropping for 17$, but I sold it shortly after during the steam winter sales. Who'd have thought.

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
I wasn't going to make a new thread for this, but since this one is here...

I'm kind of annoyed that I can't afford a Stattrak AK47 Redline, and it's making me consider the idea of selling all of my current Stattrak skins and replacing them with non-Stattrak versions plus a non-Stattrak AK47 Redline. Thoughts?
:waiting:

Slawek

TD Admin
I came to this realization 2 months ago or so.

Stat Trak: a little counter on your gun that adds no bonus for reaching milestone numbers, and costs 100x more than it's non-stat trak versions.

I realized it was a huge gimmick, one that a first time CS player may fall for, but not veterans like us. I admit I enjoyed it for a while but I could not afford the guns I wanted. I saw myself join servers where people were literally sitting around shooting dummies to add kills to their stat trak counter, hundreds of kills per minute. Something clicked and I said this is completely fucked! I sold all my stat trak weapons, made a HUGE profit, and bought a ton of skins I have always wanted.

Mate, sell that shit, it's a gimmick, one that Valve is really cashing in on. It gives you ZERO advantage, all it does is brag about how much money you have/don't have to spend on a video game. Take that profit and purchase the skins you've been eyeing. Selling my P90 death by kitty ST I was able to buy like 10 skins I wanted plus replace it with a non ST version.

Same number of kills, same skill in game, and a weight off my shoulders.

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
I came to this realization 2 months ago or so.

Stat Trak: a little counter on your gun that adds no bonus for reaching milestone numbers, and costs 100x more than it's non-stat trak versions.

I realized it was a huge gimmick, one that a first time CS player may fall for, but not veterans like us. I admit I enjoyed it for a while but I could not afford the guns I wanted. I saw myself join servers where people were literally sitting around shooting dummies to add kills to their stat trak counter, hundreds of kills per minute. Something clicked and I said this is completely fucked! I sold all my stat trak weapons, made a HUGE profit, and bought a ton of skins I have always wanted.

Mate, sell that shit, it's a gimmick, one that Valve is really cashing in on. It gives you ZERO advantage, all it does is brag about how much money you have/don't have to spend on a video game. Take that profit and purchase the skins you've been eyeing. Selling my P90 death by kitty ST I was able to buy like 10 skins I wanted plus replace it with a non ST version.

Same number of kills, same skill in game, and a weight off my shoulders.
Thanks @Slawek, that was actually really helpful.

However, I have to say that the Stattrak feature is often very good for scaring the children. I might miss that!

Slawek

TD Admin
Thanks @Slawek, that was actually really helpful.

However, I have to say that the Stattrak feature is often very good for scaring the children. I might miss that!
To each their own. Some people like to see a number accumulate, I can't really see why anymore. Also once you list that gun in the market (whether you sell it or not), or trade it to someone, counter goes to zero. Now you gotta start all over again if you decide not to sell or let someone try out your gun.

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
To each their own. Some people like to see a number accumulate, I can't really see why anymore. Also once you list that gun in the market (whether you sell it or not), or trade it to someone, counter goes to zero. Now you gotta start all over again if you decide not to sell or let someone try out your gun.
Yeah, I see what you're saying. I'm probably going to go through with it, but I'll take another day or two to decide. Thanks!

Slawek

TD Admin
Yeah, I see what you're saying. I'm probably going to go through with it, but I'll take another day or two to decide. Thanks!
:) I convinced my buddy to do the same. He had a ST Fire Serpent field tested and some other high end ST guns. He traded his fire serpent for a factory new non-st version and has loved it, the skin is so much cleaner.

Oh I should mention selling my ST skins also allowed me to get enough money to get myself the knife I have always wanted. Couldn't be happier with my inventory now! (minus the glock fade which I am seeking)

shoottomaim

BANNED
I wasn't going to make a new thread for this, but since this one is here...

I'm kind of annoyed that I can't afford a Stattrak AK47 Redline, and it's making me consider the idea of selling all of my current Stattrak skins and replacing them with non-Stattrak versions plus a non-Stattrak AK47 Redline. Thoughts?
:waiting:
Well, I (as a person) would rather have a fucking awesome skin I use very often instead of shit StatTrak skins for every gun.

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
Actually, I think I might be able to swing the field-tested ST AK47 Redline if I manage to sell my ST Famas Sergeant and ST Glock Steel Disruption. I already have a bit of money in my wallet, so I'd be pretty close to the price. We'll see.

Last edited:

Slawek

TD Admin
Actually, I think I might be able to swing the field-tested ST AK47 Redline if I manage to sell my ST Famas Sergeant and ST Glock Steel Disruption. I already have a bit of money in my wallet, so I'd be pretty close to the price. We'll see.

Who are you trying to impress with a stat trak gun, 14 year olds? :P

Just think about what you're buying, man. You are paying for a digital counter feature which actually means nothing. If you have 500 kills and if someone else has 1000 it makes zero difference. No extra power up or gun feature is added. The numbers mean nothing in the end.

Also the FT looks like ass compared to a MW version.

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
Who are you trying to impress with a stat trak gun, 14 year olds? :P

Just think about what you're buying, man. You are paying for a digital counter feature which actually means nothing. If you have 500 kills and if someone else has 1000 it makes zero difference. No extra power up or gun feature is added. The numbers mean nothing in the end.

Also the FT looks like ass compared to a MW version.
It's to scare the children, not impress them! I wasn't being serious, though. And the FT is good enough for me. I'm still going back and forth on this. Sigh...