What MMO's do you play?

btRiLLa

DARKLY Regular
What other MMO's are you Darkly guys playing?

I've got an 85 Enhancement Shaman on Illidan Horde. (No gametime.. Haven't been a WoW fan since pre-TBC)

Other than that I've had an active runescape account since 2000 that I've skilled on and off over the years. (1600 total, 103cmb)

What does everyone else play?

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
I've had a Total of 3 Main Runescape accounts.
One was Hacked and lost D:
One has lots of member stuff on it, so I can barely play it as F2P.
And the 3rd is one I made late last year when I got bored.

Could you count Minecraft as an MMO? xD

btRiLLa

DARKLY Regular
Cool, cool :)

I wouldn't consider Minecraft itself as an MMO but any third-party mod that turns it into an MMO can re-classify it.

Discodude

TF2 Admin
I played WoW, until recently, 85 Human Warrior and Priest on Duskwood. But...now I might get Guild Wars 2, and sort of looking forward to Elder Scrolls Online if it turns out to be as good as it promises to be (Bethesda).

Also :thumbsdown: Runescape.

btRiLLa

DARKLY Regular
I have high hopes for ESO... But I do believe it's been going downhill for awhile now.

I might even give Runescape another go when they release their new combat system. (Actually using hotbar skills and stuff)

Aside from the ridiculous player population, the lore, quests, and challenge the game provides is actually pretty decent. I also really enjoy sandbox style stat games.

Gatherix

Death by Darkly
Used to play Runescape, stopped years ago - occasionally log on just to remember, then 10 minutes later realize how much time it leeched out of me and log off. Right now the only real MMORPG I play is DDO (Dungeon's and Dragons Online), simply because of it's quest system and you can have tons of fun only logging in once or twice a month with a couple friends.

btRiLLa

DARKLY Regular
Yeah, DDO is quite unqiue. I gave it a good a little while ago. I'm just not really into micro transaction games.

Hinouchi

TD Admin
Think most people have a misassumption about MMO, or MMO has been changing through the years.

64 players on a single server is not really consider an Massively multiplayer online game in my eyes anyways.

256+ then we're talking. :)

Fork Included

TD Admin
I can't play MMOs anymore

I have so much on my plate in real life that I can never dedicate the hours needed to fully engage in an MMO.

So I stick to single player games, it's much easier to hit pause/save and come back to it when you're ready and not piss off a handful of REAL people scattered all over the world.

But if my wife happened to die and I won a million dollars, I'd probably become a slob and get into EVE.

btRiLLa

DARKLY Regular
I can't play MMOs anymore

I have so much on my plate in real life that I can never dedicate the hours needed to fully engage in an MMO.

So I stick to single player games, it's much easier to hit pause/save and come back to it when you're ready and not piss off a handful of REAL people scattered all over the world.

But if my wife happened to die and I won a million dollars, I'd probably become a slob and get into EVE.

It's a pretty deep game. Definitely one that requires a shit ton of time to actually accomplish anything :P

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
Silly TF2fags, TF2 isn't a MMO.

"A massively multiplayer online game is a multiplayer game which is capable of supporting hundreds or thousands of players simultaneously."

16v16 isn't 'massive'

Discodude

TF2 Admin
If you think about trading as a collective of thousands of players, it could be considered an MMO, although the main game is small team v. team. I'm not saying it should be called an MMO, but it shouldn't be called not an MMO. :P