Upcoming Operation

Slawek

TD Admin
Expect new cases over the next few weeks like they did in the spring/summer.

I think the summer 2014 case came out 4 or 5 days after Breakout operation dropped

Freak

DARKLY Regular
FYI, I'm seeing a few reports on reddit that the market has crashed dramatically because of the operation release. Might be a good time to pick up some valuable skins.

HappySticks™

TD Admin
I'm not saying there is no profit in the operation itself, but the skins they came up with for it look like shit. Obviously you can see this just by looking at how much the Breakout Cases aold for when they first came out ($5-7) compares to the Vanguard Cases ($.85)

gotta admit it, yeah most of the rarer skins don't tickle my fancy either but some of the lower ones do perk my interest. crossing my fingers that I can get them for super cheap earlier than usual since a majority of people seem to dislike the skins from this case.

My eye is on that MP9 dart because I could use some more variety and the glock grinder since I pretty much only have the stock glock.

Thanatos

TD Member
I'm not saying there is no profit in the operation itself, but the skins they came up with for it look like shit. Obviously you can see this just by looking at how much the Breakout Cases aold for when they first came out ($5-7) compares to the Vanguard Cases ($.85)

I don't think that has anything to do with the quality of the skins and more so the quantity of cases available. Breakout were random drops, Vanguard is guaranteed if you do missions. I expect the prices to rise closer to the end of the weekend when people get mission capped and the market isn't as flooded.

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
Dreamhack is coming up. I'm sure we'll get another new case around that time. I'm hoping for some more sci-fi looking skins. Investing in Operation Vanguard isn't a bad decision, though, as you're guaranteed to make your money back in drops.

And now if only Valve would set up 128 tick servers for MM. MM in its current state is a fucking joke. It's sad, as I'd love to play some of the new maps in MM with people on my friends list, but I'm not putting up with the servers.

Slawek

TD Admin
Last edited:

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
I could probably formulate this better, but I'm going to generalize a bit here. Operation Breakout - some of the worst maps to be included in an Operation to date, some of the best skins to be included to date. Operation Vanguard - some of the best maps to be included in an Operation to date, some of the worst skins to be included to date.

I think that Valve is playing mind games with us. Valve was probably well aware that the perceived value of the Vanguard skins would be lower, and they're probably counting on the perceived value of the skins in the next case to be much higher - not only because they'll be including skins that are better ('better', measured in terms of workshop ratings, etc.), but also because the demand might be greater in the context of Operation Vanguard.

Maybe I just need to lay off the coffee...

Last edited:

thewhaleman

TD Admin
I know it's not part of this official update, but as someone who has uses the workshop, I thought it should be said, Valve removing comments and ratings from the workshop is one of the most important updates to come in the past month. Think about how sad that really is....

I could probably formulate this better, but I'm going to generalize a bit here. Operation Breakout - some of the worst maps to be included in an Operation to date, some of the best skins to be included to date. Operation Vanguard - some of the best maps to be included in an Operation to date, some of the worst skins to be included to date.

I think that Valve is playing mind games with us. Valve was probably well aware that the perceived value of the Vanguard skins would be lower, and they're probably counting on the perceived value of the skins in the next case to be much higher - not only because they'll be including skins that are better ('better', measured in terms of workshop ratings, etc.), but also because the demand might be greater in the context of Operation Vanguard.

Maybe I just need to lay off the coffee...

Seeing as there was rumor to be a new sniper alternative in the game, I wouldn't be surprised if a new case get dropped at the same time as a new gun. Like they did with the CZ, expect chaos soon. Watch all your gun skins value plummet as everyone goes for the new skins ;)