Trace route CSGO server

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
Hey Cold. You're getting the same shit as I am. It's definitely a Bell issue. Doesn't make any sense. If they think this is the best way to run their network efficiently. LOL! Fail. I ain't sticking around.

I'll give the bell guy I'm talking to, your trace route, so he can see that it's not only me. Thanks a bunch.

Need more Bell DSL trace routes and people from Niagara please!
Yeah, man. Go for it. I was getting 5-8 ping consistently in the CS:GO server not too long ago, though. And this was with Bell, so I'm not sure what's happened. I wonder if the power outage in Toronto during the flood has something to do with this.

Keep us posted, Tytanium.

Shotgun Jesus

Professional Cocksucker
Staff member
This might pass. A month ago I was getting fucked up routing with Rogers. Shit was sending me to Germany...

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
:why: High ping and low frame rate. The universe is indifferent, but it's a moment like this that tempts me into believing otherwise. And then I remind myself that I'm not the only one that's suffering - that's right, SUFFERING. And then I think to myself, 'how dare you be so selfish in the first place'.

:dontwanttofeel:

tytanium

TD Admin
So, I was looking at options for teksavvy and they have Cable 20/2 150gb for $45/m plus modem purchase and install. That's plenty for me IMO. I'm getting 12/1 now so it will be a nice upgrade. If the the guy doesn't reply back within a couple days, I'll probly order it. Bell just ain't working out.

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
So, I was looking at options for teksavvy and they have Cable 20/2 150gb for $45/m plus modem purchase and install. That's plenty for me IMO. I'm getting 12/1 now so it will be a nice upgrade. If the the guy doesn't reply back within a couple days, I'll probly order it.
Yeah, 20mbps download speed is like 2.5 megabytes per second. That's more than enough, imo. That 150GB cap isn't great, though. The DSL plans that they offer have 300GB, iirc.

$alvador

TD Member
Tracing route to 208.68.90.171 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 1 ms <1 ms 1 ms unallocated-static.rogers.com [69.17.172.33]
2 3 ms 3 ms 4 ms 69.63.251.21
3 4 ms 3 ms 3 ms 69.63.249.69
4 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 24.153.4.150
5 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms gw-spdnetwork.torontointernetxchange.net [206.108.34.81]
6 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 208.68.90.171

Trace complete.

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
Would it help at all if I called Bell and complained? How likely are they to give me an explanation as to why they're doing this?

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Would it help at all if I called Bell and complained? How likely are they to give me an explanation as to why they're doing this?
Since Bell isn't a part of TORIX (Toronto Internet Exchange), I don't believe they can force it. However, you can complain that routing to Toronto sucks, and all of the internet services you use/need are located there, so they need to address the routing or you're out.

Try it, who knows.

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
Since Bell isn't a part of TORIX (Toronto Internet Exchange), I don't believe they can force it. However, you can complain that routing to Toronto sucks, and all of the internet services you use/need are located there, so they need to address the routing or you're out.

Try it, who knows.
All I want is for them to revert back to whatever they were doing with their routing a month ago.

I might give them a call today. I hate waiting to speak to a representative, though. It's such a pain in the ass.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
All I want is for them to revert back to whatever they were doing with their routing a month ago.

I might give them a call today. I hate waiting to speak to a representative, though. It's such a pain in the ass.
TekSavvy has white folk that are fully literate in the English language, are kind and answer the phones :somuchwin:

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member

Good fucking luck with that,

You're better off calling and going through the French menu. Then play dumb like you didn't know you picked French when someone picks up.

No one in India or Sri Lanka will be able to help you out, or know how to change the routing. 99% of them don't even know what traceroute is.

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
Good fucking luck with that,

You're better off calling and going through the French menu. Then play dumb like you didn't know you picked French when someone picks up.

No one in India or Sri Lanka will be able to help you out, or know how to change the routing. 99% of them don't even know what traceroute is.
Sadly, this is probably true :feelsbad:

tytanium

TD Admin
Ya I wouldn't call for an issue like this. That's why I contacted a Bell guy on the BBR forums. They are usually in the loop. Unfortunately, this isn't the case for this. The guy told me he has no idea why we're being routed away from Toronto. So, I'm going to order teksavvy and hopefully they can install Thursday on my day off. Bell FTL.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Now as a show of appreciation, gimmie some of dat St. Catherine's pussy... I love it when it glows in the dark and I risk permanent damage :datass: