Thrusday nights

Remy

TD Member / Gay Gyoza
[quote1237043069=LoW BuDgEt]
[quote1237042111=Remy]
LB just put it on one thursday and on friday put up a poll. Whatever the result is there is sticks. Fuck this whole you suck, i suck cock shit that is going on.
[/quote1237042111]

It's not me buddy, its the BHA!!!! lol

Question tho...Why do you guys wanna take a gay night and make it gayer!?
[/quote1237043069]

Lol i was once told go big or go home. So Auron is right you either are all out gay or not at all

Its not like i care whether there is awps, autosnipes. if the people want it give them what they want. There is nothing wrong with running a little test and just polling the community about it after.

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
Yea, i wouldnt mind much. I mean, if we set a limit as well, i don't see why we cant give it a try and see the feedback we get. If people like it, we keep. If they dont, we go back to awp only.

marinerevenge

TD Member
I'd vote in favor of seein the auto-sniper.

How many fucks are even going to use that shit anyways? Like.. 3?

They will try it, suck with it, die, and then they wont buy it again because the shit costs like 6K..

Awp > Autosniper, yet the awp is enabled and the auto isn't?

I thought the p90 and auto-shotgun were also considered noob cannon weapons, if thats so, why arent they banned till thursday nights?

I didn't read the whole 5 page thread (just the 1st page and a few posts here and there), so if I'm off track or repeating, I apologize.

There is nothing special about AWP Thursdays other then, it's become a bit of a tradition at TD, running for almost 3 yrs now. It's not so much AWP night, as it's better called CAL night. The original intention (for the new folks here) was to give the TD CAL teams a chance to work with/against the use of the AWP to help them train for the CAL league matches.

The CAL league is prob the "purest" form of CSS, but even they don't include the autosnipe. Sure there's no limit on # of AWPs either, but in CAL it's 5 on 5, no cash hand-outs, so you almost NEVER see more then 2 AWPS/team.
So for a 32 man pub server, with a 10 rnd map limit, we restricted # of AWPs/team to 2 so it didn't become a complete AWP whoring feast.

I prob just repeated stuff already said, but I wanted to make sure everyone was on the same page and thus had a good starting point to argue from.

1. Some ppl want "pure" CSS, no weapons restrictions at all. (Hmm how pure is pure, even CAL doesn't allow autosnipe)

2. Some ppl want pure CSS, no autosnipe, but no cash give and no AWP restrict. (Hmmm, 32 man server will go unbalanced fast and Team 1 will have 16 AWPs and Team 2 will have 1 or 2 and be loosing 1-10 all night. Sounds like a disaster to me.)

3. Drop AWP night altogether. (Hmm no biggy, whatever TD community wants)

4. STFU AWP night is TD tradition. (Hmm, sounds good)

5. Change AWP night to Shotty night or $160000 night or new map night or whatever. (hmm could be fun and different)

2cents.
<3

marinerevenge

TD Member
^^^ Gotta correct you on two things.

CAL Does allow auto-sniper, but nobody uses it, because awp &gt; auto, and everyone knows this.

The best CAL teams i've played are usually full man teams of awp users.

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
[quote1237049823=MarineRevenge]

[/quote1237049823]

you must still be in OGL-B if 5man awp teams are the best you face.

Remy

TD Member / Gay Gyoza
Umm its been awhile but isnt cal still 16k starting round??

If so then yeah both teams can start with 5 awps per team, so kirok, as long as there is no cash given on thursdays it should be okay. People who have the get money or save it should be given the AWP if they wish.

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
[quote1237050668=Remy]
Umm its been awhile but isnt cal still 16k starting round??

[/quote1237050668]

yes but only a bunch of super bads would go 5 awps in a match..

[quote1237050498=MarineRevenge]
^^^ Gotta correct you on two things.

CAL Does allow auto-sniper, but nobody uses it, because awp > auto, and everyone knows this.

[/quote1237050498]

Ooops *wipes egg off face*. I just don't ever recall seeing autosnipe used or even seeing it in the menu, however I never buy it either so prob wasn't looking for it.

I'll still say I rarely saw more then 3 AWPs/team, it was just a matter of the cash issue, but then again, I only played CAL for 2 seasons, so it's not like I've played 100's of matches, only a few dozen.

Oh sure it's 16K to start, but that goes fast if you keep loosing, so buying AWPs every rnd gets real dangerous.

buckshot

TD Member
Whatever the case...as much as i hate Awp's i think this tradition should stay. Have we ever had any issue's with population on thursdays? Iv never once encountered it. Lets leave it as is. People will bitch and complain (including me especially) but we need to keep it.

buckshot

TD Member
Now...what i would like to do is have this server running pure...no sound effects, fancy skins etc. Have Shotgun jesus at the beginning screaming TORONTO DARKLY or a huge crowd (if someone has a good sound program) saying TORONTO DARKLY-thats it.

Shotgun Jesus

Professional Cocksucker
Staff member
[quote1237061148=.44 CALiBER]
I say give it a try. 2 Autos and 2 awps. The masses will complain quickly if it's as gay as Steve and iCe.
[/quote1237061148]

Fixed.

[quote1237064237=buckshot]
Whatever the case...as much as i hate Awp's i think this tradition should stay. Have we ever had any issue's with population on thursdays? Iv never once encountered it. Lets leave it as is. People will bitch and complain (including me especially) but we need to keep it.
[/quote1237064237]

+1

Agreed. Sorry folks, but it's become a TD tradition now and 2 Awp limit just seems to make the most sense, but that's open for debate. We can lift the # restriction, but I bet you 10:1 it becomes AWP whoring and that wasn't the original intention.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Ya I don't see the need for this debate... this is something that helped build TD, I don't see why we would go change it now... I know of people that only come to TD on thursdays cause they love penis n awp, and even they know the rules lol

Shotgun Jesus

Professional Cocksucker
Staff member
How about on Thursdays we ban the buckshot brothers for the whole 24 hours. We can call it, &quot;No Douche Bags Night&quot;. :-)