The Official Fuck Windows 7 Thread

I've not really had too many issues and so far I like Windows7.
The only problem I had was a blank pink screen that came up on startup a few weeks ago and then Windows tried to tell me I had an illegal copy... which I don't. Sorted now though!

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Man, I'm not even running a LEGIT copy of Win7 and I've got zero issues lol

I have fuckloads of shit connected to it too:

- mouse keyboard screen
- Apple keyboard
- iPhone
- 7-port powered usb hub
- IR Remote with Windows remote (for media centre n shit)
- M-Audio Oxygen 61 USB Midi controller
- ALL parts in my comp are 100% custom
- 9 fans
- 2 dvd/cd drives
- 5-fan controller (1 for cpu)
- a Hauppage 1800 TV Tuner (PCI-E x1 slot)
- Gigabyte Lan card (PCI)
- 8Gbs ram

yada yada, the list goes on - and STILL, not ONE driver issue or anything...

[503]Hoggslayer

TD Member
fixed, kinda. the update limits the resolution scale to gay proportions. Oh and my copy is not legit either, it's oem disk from the factory. all the updates and bells+ whistles.
64x ultimate . i have found it to be much like vista was in it's early stages.... in the end it was pretty solid, and i would go back to it if i got a wild hair to do so. :)

Nick P!

TD Member
No problems so far here on x64.
Make sure you do not let Windows update your graphic drivers. Always go to nvidia.com and download the latest (I like the latest beta drivers).

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
[quote1266804213=Nick P!]
No problems so far here on x64.
Make sure you do not let Windows update your graphic drivers. Always go to nvidia.com and download the latest (I like the latest beta drivers).
[/quote1266804213]

Yes and no. For some reason (custom build, of course) on my bro's computer, we cannot use NVidia drivers as they freeze his whole computer and render it useless. I then have to boot to safe mode and remove all Nvidia drivers and it's fully operational again.

VEERD JA?

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
[quote1266809487=TD|35mm]
purchased
[/quote1266809487]
WHY !?!?!?!??!?!????one one

skd_mrk

TD Admin
[quote1266869519=Auron]
[quote1266592109=skd_mrk]
I have had non-stop issues with Windows 7 ONLY related to Counterstrike. It keeps throwing HL2.exe has stopped working errors. I think I've had one crash outside of that. I'm going to build a new PC just to see if it improves things. My current PC is about 3 years old.
[/quote1266592109]
During game or after you exit?
[/quote1266869519]

Both actually.

td|35mm

TD Admin
Ummm ... didn't read what all the others said, but do you have it running in compatibility mode with Windows XP!?
Also, did you selected "run as administrator"!?

That might fix your issues. If not, try and reinstal HL and CS:S - something might be corupt and Win 7 doesn't like it.

mandy

TD Member
ugh, can someone tell me how to add another tab to my homepage thingy? with vista, i used to be able to do it by right-clicking the internet explorer icon in the start menu and it was right there to add the url into [because i have multiple pages open for my homepage]
how do i do this with windows 7!?!?!??!?!?!?!

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
[quote1266987366=Mandy]
ugh, can someone tell me how to add another tab to my homepage thingy? with vista, i used to be able to do it by right-clicking the internet explorer icon in the start menu and it was right there to add the url into [because i have multiple pages open for my homepage]
how do i do this with windows 7!?!?!??!?!?!?!
[/quote1266987366]

You talkin add a page to favourites? Or, open up a seperate internet explorer browser to look at two webpages side by side? Or you talkin open up two pages in one web browser?

I have answers for all 3.

iSeize

TD Admin
i think she means When she opens IE, two tabs open, a different site on each, instead of one homepage

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
[quote1267074254=iSeize]
i think she means When she opens IE, two tabs open, a different site on each, instead of one homepage
[/quote1267074254]

AHhhhhhh, I don't know... I never do that shit...

[503]Hoggslayer

TD Member
Update, windows has released an update = WAT = Genuine notification. It watermarks your screen and gives you a time limit to reactivate. if you have this problem and need the fix pm me.

God damn, wish I read your post before installing the newest updates Hogg. Will search for the fix, but shoot me a PM please if your around, thx!

Edit: Found it, RemoveWAT22.exe did the trick, fuck you Microsoft!