• Please remember to wrap not safe for work text/images in [NSFW][/NSFW] tags.
    Example: [NSFW][img]http://darklygaming.com/images/spinnysgapedass.jpg[/img][/NSFW]

Recommend a Good Anime?

Fumble

A Little Darkly
Based on the anime you've watched or are watching, your a big fan of shonen anime. Its the most generic type of anime but it gets the job done.

So im gonna go ahead and suggest an anime called getbackers. It is another one of your typical shonen animes. It has about 50 episodes so nowhere near as long as the ones your watching right now though.

That or Bleach since bleach would complete the trinity of modern shonen animes: that being one piece, bleach and naruto

I agree with your assessment with soul eater. The reason why it got disjointed was because they knew the anime wouldn't be ongoing so the writers decided to deviate from the original material and wrote their own stuff which ended up being terrible.

Edit: Forgot to put in Fairy tail, another deviation of the bleach,naruto, one piece trinity.

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
I forgot to Mention Afro Samurai
Only 5 Episodes and a Film

Samuel L Jackson voices the main character....so why not?

Based on the anime you've watched or are watching, your a big fan of shonen anime. Its the most generic type of anime but it gets the job done.

So im gonna go ahead and suggest an anime called getbackers. It is another one of your typical shonen animes. It has about 50 episodes so nowhere near as long as the ones your watching right now though.

That or Bleach since bleach would complete the trinity of modern shonen animes: that being one piece, bleach and naruto

I agree with your assessment with soul eater. The reason why it got disjointed was because they knew the anime wouldn't be ongoing so the writers decided to deviate from the original material and wrote their own stuff which ended up being terrible.

Edit: Forgot to put in Fairy tail, another deviation of the bleach,naruto, one piece trinity.

Oh yeah! I forgot to put that I was actually watching Fairy Tail as well. Currently on like episode 60 or something. I'll definitely take a look on Getbackers when I have the time.

DARKLY l Blocks

I'm New Here
Wow, look at all this pleb taste.

Mastersage as far as recommendations go I recommend watching jin-roh, inferno cop, serial experiment lain and the tatami galaxy for starters.

Please don't listen to the proles.

DARKLY l Blocks

I'm New Here
If you want some manga recommendations I recommend oyasumi punpun, 20th century boys, berserk and vinland saga.

The people here recommending naruto, bleach, one piece and elfen lied are essentially telling you to go watch a michael bay movie or a adam sandler comedy.

Do you want to watch a michael bay film?

$alvador

TD Member
Wow, look at all this pleb taste.

Mastersage as far as recommendations go I recommend watching jin-roh, inferno cop, serial experiment lain and the tatami galaxy for starters.

Please don't listen to the proles.

Haha, I finally saw Jin-Roh, it was pretty elite. Serial Experiments takes a lot of patience, it's a slow one and pretty arthouse but for sure one of the best of heady sci-fi. Tatami Galaxy is a bitch, the dialogue throughout the whole series is so fucking fast it's impossible to keep up with subs.

Has Shingeki no Kyojin been mentioned? It's this season's top shonen and the story's pretty good so far. There's a wicked sci-fi series this season called Space Battleship Yamato 2199. It's a remake of a series from the 70s. Earth is under siege from human-like aliens from another galaxy and a spaceship is sent on a dangerous mission of hope. I guess it can be considered a space opera but it gets pretty deep at times on a psychological or physics tip and is just completely awesome overall. Character designs are pretty slick and the art and animation in general is razor sharp.

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
I would like to add that Blood+ is one of the worse anime's I've seen in my life.

Rage

A Little Darkly
Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin

Best anime I've watched for awhile. Also watching Naruto and Bleach, finished Death Note.