• Please remember to wrap not safe for work text/images in [NSFW][/NSFW] tags.
    Example: [NSFW][img]http://darklygaming.com/images/spinnysgapedass.jpg[/img][/NSFW]

Recommend a Good Anime?

Remy

TD Member / Gay Gyoza
Gundam Wing - All time fav.

And holly shit are you kidding me they still make PoT and Initial D?

I keep waiting for new HunterXHunter Manga but nothing....dude was on hiatus last i checked.

Narf!

TD Admin
I've heard of Prince of Tennis. Some say it's pretty good, but I don't think I'd be able to get into the fact that it's about tennis ^.^'.

It's not TV tennis, this is super-tennis with special moves and shit.

Cock -- I never said watch any of it. I said "read the mangas" Animes are full of fillers

Narf!

TD Admin

I keep waiting for new HunterXHunter Manga but nothing....dude was on hiatus last i checked.

Some of the ones I listed, I've read before (past tense of "read")...although, there's a "New Prince of Tennis" Mada mada dane, Remy

It's not TV tennis, this is super-tennis with special moves and shit.

Cock -- I never said watch any of it. I said "read the mangas" Animes are full of fillers
That's what I've heard. I'll have to be REALLY bored to watch it. I'm not really into any sort of sports, which is ironic cause I was athletic when I was in high school, haha. But, I'll definitely have to get a quick look at it.

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
Not just Highschool of the Dead, every anime has that one "fan service" episode.
Fan service pisses me off to be honest
Ghost in the Shell had boobies in the first film, but it wasn't as over the top as most anime.

$alvador

TD Member
Incoming bigass post

Currently, I've watched or currently watching :

-Soul Eater

-One Piece

-Hunter x Hunter 2011

-Naruto

:brodoyoueven: I'm totally not a fan of these neverending stories but Fullmetal Alchemist is probably up your alley since it's got a bazillion episodes. Also Blood+, Code Geass and Gungrave for that reason, but I'm also recommending since I think they're great series blessed with solid characters and plot.

A note about FMA: the series was rebooted under the Brotherhood title which mirrors the original series for the first 25 eps then expands into a way better story. The caveat is that Brotherhood concluded with a much-anticipated fanservice ending, nullifying the significance of Conqueror of Shamballa, a movie released to complement the ending of the original series. IMHO, that movie alone is worth trudging through the original series then taking a looong break before tackling Brotherhood.

Deathnote was the first anime I watched.

It's awesome.

I also recommend Bleach if you're willing to watch 300+ episodes of something

I recently started to watch the Ghost in the Shell series and the Hellsing Ultimate series too.

I've always palnned to watch Fullmetal Alchemist, and a few of my friends have been watching Sword Art Online who say that it's pretty good.

There's a few suggestions for you

Is One Piece actually any good?

SAO is mainstream shonen garbage. For the uninitiated, shonen means “boy” and it's disparagingly used to refer to the sort of anime where the main character is some weak pussy who suddenly develops astounding willpower and defies the rules of the universe to attain some unbelievably altruistic goal.

Ghost In The Shell is worth sticking with, the series has recently been rebooted under the Arise title, in movie format, and it delivers 100%

Berserk
Cowboy Bebop
Trigun
Neon Genesis EvangelioN
Macross
Death Note

Cowboy Bebop is simply a must-see, easily one of the best noir anime with an amazing story and great music.

I haven't seen the original Berserk series but recently the Golden Age arc (a prequel arc) was made in three movies and the studio is planning on continuing the story with more movies. Mind-blowing violent medieval shit that gets crazy dark and cannot be unseen. Torrenting this shit RIGHT NAO is highly recommended.

NGE comes with a caveat like FMA. The concept was great but the original series actually ran out of fucking funding halfway through production and it resulted in a sketchy avant-garde ending followed by a movie with a depressing end. For the past few years the story has been rebooted in movie format under the Rebuild title and it's nothing short of spectacular. The artwork detail is unparalleled and the main character was also rehashed as less of a self-pitying bitch which is a huge plus in my books.

Macross is old as fuck but still good, Death Note was another series that suffers from mass appeal like SAO, clever concept but eh.

Initial D started up again recently although busted down to lame DVD releases. It took so fucking long for the manga to get to a point where there was enough content for more anime. The character design is still awful but at least the car CGI got way better.

I don't recall Highschool of The Dead being very fanservicey, maybe it's being confused with HighSchool D x D which is currently in its second season. Highschool of The Dead is also supposed to get a second season so it's worth checking out I guess but not really a gem.

I guess I'll stop here. I was just quoting everyone because I didn't want to get carried away. There's just far too much thought-provoking, slept-on anime series and OVAs out there. I threw my TV away almost a decade ago because of anime and there's still so much left to see. Not to even mention how rewarding it is to know a studio will take the time and effort to reboot or continue a story if it's popular, even if that popularity didn't develop until years after release. It's a far cry from the American style of just axing good shows before they get much of a chance.

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
$alvador Wasn't Brotherhood made to stick closer to the original Manga story, whereas FMA went off on a tangent?

Also, I thought Ghost in the Shell: Arise was a prequel of sorts?
Either way, I plan to make my way through it all once I find time to finish downloading Ghost in the Shell: Stand alone Complex
I put Stand alone Complex + SAC 2nd gig on at the same time, 2nd gig finished first :/

And with regards to Highschool of the Dead, most of the scenes are slightly sexual in a way, but episode 6 takes it to a whole new level.
Just one big completely random bathroom scene between all the main girls

$alvador

TD Member
Not sure I haven't followed the FMA manga but considering how many eps there are of the anime that must be one disgustingly long manga. Arise is basically a reboot. All I remember of HSoTD is this

highschool-of-the-dead-hadaka-apron-fellatio-anime-009.gif

xD

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
Not sure I haven't followed the FMA manga but considering how many eps there are of the anime that must be one disgustingly long manga. Arise is basically a reboot. All I remember of HSoTD is this

highschool-of-the-dead-hadaka-apron-fellatio-anime-009.gif

xD

Hahahaha, I remember that scene xD