Possible Changes/Updates for TF2 Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurboTaco

TD Admin
Hey, if any of you guys are big fans of TF2, please post some suggestions and ideas to help the server become more popular and fun!

I have a couple suggestions:

- Perhaps consider making it a 24/7 Payload & Capture Point Server (CP is fun and a nice break)
- Make spawn times 3s-5s
- Set a maximum number of engineers (maybe 3 or 4?).
- Change the Server Name so it Says PAYLOAD 24/7 TorontoDarkly.ca TF2 Server (or what not. Just have the game type stand out first)

Other than that, I have no other real ideas yet...I need to play on it more! We should set up a TF2 Night :]

TurboTaco

TD Admin
A couple more ideas...

When a team wins a stage/round can the server switch to all-talk so that the bitch-talking can begin? ;b

Also, is it possible to extend the time when a team wins so they can thoroughly rape the defenseless loser team? :D

Please add 2Forts to the rotation, but with a 30 min max time limit. 2Forts is the 4th a final map and is also in the top 4 MOST popular maps in TF2. We need the t limit b/c 2forts can become a stalemate and go on for 2 days.

We should limit engineers on all maps to 3 max/team. just like CSS, if we played stock, there would be 15 awp'rs/team, no diff with TF2, it just needs some personal touches ( engineer limit/team0 and it's good to go.

<3. Thks guys.

Propaganda

TD Member
I can't see 2fort being a good idea Kirock, I have seen 2fort kill a full server in less than 3 minutes.

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
fuck 2 fort, and all other capture maps for that matter.. payload FTW !

BIOP

TD Admin / Rocker of City-Hair
In case we want a bigger rotation, here are some capture point maps that look popular: cp_well, cp_badlands, cp_granary, cp_gravelpit. I have not played them yet but there are a bunch of servers running them. My buddy said cp_well is very intense.

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
I suggest we make it fast respawn, so when you die you dont need a snapshot of the guy who killed you. And remove the all talk when you are dead. I tried but couldn't find where that config was.

mith

I'm New Here
I agree with BIOP, theres alot of Custom PL maps based on default TF2 maps, which are nice.

Yeah screw 2Forts, it killed the server the other night. Weird it is a very popular map, but maybe just doesn't lend itself to a map rotation, more of a dedicated map.

5sec respawn is good, gives the attacking team just enough time to capture without giving them a 15 sec freebie.

Pipeline is a fun 3 stage map too.

BIOP

TD Admin / Rocker of City-Hair
When the server is full, the attacking team always gets trounced (especially on dustbowl). Was talking with the guys in the server tonight and they were mentioning its common for the defending team to have a longer respawn to make it more even. Attackers have 3-5 second respawn, and defenders have a 8-10 second respawn. Just a thought.

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
yeah, i noticed that attacking is very hard at the end, when the defenders spawn so close to battle and u have to run so far. FIX: in this case, engineers must build lvl3 teleporters and ur good. coordinate an attack rather than running in there 1 by 1. giving extra time to a team is not fair on payload maps. its easier in the beginning and harder in the end, everything balances out.

keep the server unchanged IMO

Spinny

TD Admin / Giant Faggot
[quote1252474900=BIOP]
When the server is full, the attacking team always gets trounced (especially on dustbowl). Was talking with the guys in the server tonight and they were mentioning its common for the defending team to have a longer respawn to make it more even. Attackers have 3-5 second respawn, and defenders have a 8-10 second respawn. Just a thought.
[/quote1252474900]

+1

I agree... I was going to say the same biop... most TF2 servers I have played on have a little longer delay for the team who is defending... When the server is full, it is hard for the attacking team to win unless its stacked..

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
Any way we can get team Balance? It's killing the server as people like to team stack half way through a map and make it 16-11

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
[quote1253034191=cock]
Any way we can get team Balance? It's killing the server as people like to team stack half way through a map and make it 16-11

[/quote1253034191]

Good call, I've seen it and people don't balance, and it makes people leave. Team Balance is key!

Status
Not open for further replies.