Please Ban The Rancho Relaxo Taunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

20fps|TuryHury

I'm New Here
The taunt is annoying. 1000 engineers join the server and they all do it at once. The gulping sound is really obnoxious and when you hear it happen 20 times in a row when you are trading it's really annoying. Also the "aaahhh riley" or what ever they say when they are drinking is annoying to. It's worse than the pan, I would rather listen to the pan than the stupid Rancho Relaxo taunt for 1 hour. It's gotten to the point where I've had to turn my game volume all the way down because of how obnoxious it has become. It's a really annoying taunt and it's annoying when there are 5 engineers doing that taunt for hours on end. Just like when a bunch of scouts started doing the conga on the roof on the trade_plaza server, everyone got annoyed at them and they wouldn't stop...

It needs to be banned just like the pan was banned.

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
Last time I'm going to tell you this, Mizz. Either keep your spam to yourself or go start a dumpster thread and put it there, but stop putting stupid spam on legitimate threads like this. I know I've told you at least 3 times now and when you do it on every single thread, it's not even funny anymore. If you don't agree, give an actual reason and be done with it.

TuryFury, I will bring this up with the other Admins, but considering this is the only complaint I've seen about the taunt, I can't promise immediate action.

Mizz

DARKLY Fiend
srs post

Taunt probably aren't blacklist-able / or restricted on the plugin if we use it
If it was we would've banned it Medic Taunt already

Or Gatherix is lazy

probably second option

Fiend

Senior TF2 Admin
I can't see a reason for the taunt to be banned. There are plenty of things in TF2 that i don't particularly care for, but i don't call for them to be banned. The frequency of the taunts will die down as time passes. There is no need to invest time into figuring if/how we can ban them. They aren't interfering with trading on the server.

One this taunt is pretty quiet, normally the regular combat noise outside the spawn drowns it out so I never hear it.
Two I see no reason that it is annoying in the first place so why ban it all?

20fps|TuryHury

I'm New Here
Well the meet the medic taunt was banned from because of the annoying sound it made in the water, the conga is at least ignorable because if you aren't doing the conga you don't hear the music as much, but this engineer taunt is crazy. It's like the whole map is a huge alley and you hear it every single second. Plus most of the engineers look sorta dump doing it to. I just want to slap the engineers in the face every time they do it.

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
The Meet The Medic taunt is only banned from the pool itself because of the noise it makes in the water. Outside of the pool, there's no limitation on it.
I agree with the sound being weird on the Engineer, but I'm 95% sure that's just a bug with the sound itself.

I think Fiend put it perfectly. The taunt craze will die down soon and it won't be such an issue, but I will keep an eye on it.

E1ite

DARKLY Regular
I don't see the point in getting rid of the taunt, certain things will always bug certain people and you shouldn't remove the taunt for that reason. But yes the taunt craze will die down soon.

DARKLY | Pixar's Ham

DARKLY Regular
Yeah, at this point alot of people who go on the servers are already upset that the pan is banned, and I can't tell you how many times people complain about it. If we begin to ban these many things for being annoying we'll lose more players on the servers, let alone upset most regulars. How would you feel if you got an Unusual Rancho Relaxo, but couldn't use it for the excuse of being annoying? It's even more upsetting for people who already have like an Australium Pan, but can't use it for the same reason. You could even say the same about weapons because they're so overpowered and you can't focus on trading. I really don't think this taunt should be banned, and there's so much more content that will come out that some people will find annoying.

E1ite

DARKLY Regular
Yeah, at this point alot of people who go on the servers are already upset that the pan is banned, and I can't tell you how many times people complain about it. If we begin to ban these many things for being annoying we'll lose more players on the servers, let alone upset most regulars. How would you feel if you got an Unusual Rancho Relaxo, but couldn't use it for the excuse of being annoying? It's even more upsetting for people who already have like an Australium Pan, but can't use it for the same reason. You could even say the same about weapons because they're so overpowered and you can't focus on trading. I really don't think this taunt should be banned, and there's so much more content that will come out that some people will find annoying.

This is beautiful, I teared up.

Bird Of PrAy

A Little Darkly
The new taunts are fine with me. Anything used to excess can be annoying..thus the reason for the ban on the pan. If it gets too bothersome to the server, mods and admins can deal with it.

TheMightyWill

I'm New Here
The point of that taunt is that it's annoying. That's literally the only reason why most people buy it; so they can be a complete dick and drink beer while their level 3 sentry kills everyone in sight.
I personally like seeing that taunt :)

Sir X:

TF2 Staff | UberLag
I honestly can't blame engys doing that. What else you gonna do when you have like a million engys just swarming your sentry and your basically doing nothing. Just kick back, relax, and enjoy the slaughterfest with their Ranco relaxos. I know that cause I've done it before. But in all honestly, don't ban the rancho relaxo taunt in my book, it would be a VERY DISASTROUS thing to happen to Darkly servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.