• Please remember to wrap not safe for work text/images in [NSFW][/NSFW] tags.
    Example: [NSFW][img]http://darklygaming.com/images/spinnysgapedass.jpg[/img][/NSFW]

Oil Spill

Pyro

TD Admin
K so im not an engineer...obviously.
but it seems like the big issue they keep saying is it's so difficult because its a mile underwater.

okay and its a 20 inch pipe right? why cant they just build a mile long pipe thats like 22 inchs and then insert it on top of the one in the water.
then they could just cap it above the water and have the robots weld it shut overlapping with the broken tube.

does that not work?

Fork Included

TD Admin
you dont just build a mile long pipe in a day,

and you most certainly dont just drop it into water

they pretty much have to dive and fix it down there.. which is really hard and dangerous (the storms that are in the are dont help either)

Pyroette

TD Admin
i know u cant build it in a day but u could probably build it in a couple weeks. and u could lower it with boat cranes. maybe in two peices?

Narf!

TD Admin
K so I'm not a prime minister...obviously.
but it seems like the big issue they keep saying is it's so difficult because we have nation debt.

okay and it's $520 billion right? why can't we all just throw in $15k and the debt will be gone.
then they could pay use back with robots.

does that not work?

Narf!

TD Admin
[quote1275502196=Pyroette]
ahahaha ^^^this was me asking...pyro was signed in.
[/quote1275502196]
It all makes sense now. I was wondering why Pyro would care about our environment...

Narf!

TD Admin
[quote1275502245=Shotgun Jesus]
Gape Spinny's ass, and wrap him around the pipe.
[/quote1275502245]
But won't Spinny drown in the process?

..oh wait...noooow I get it! Nice, 2 birds 1 stone.

Shotgun Jesus

TD Admin
Staff member
[quote1275502332=Narf!]
[/quote1275502245]

[/quote1275502332]
Spinny would die and go to heaven. He'd love nothing more than to die while thick black splooge is pumping into his ass.

Spinny

TD Admin / Giant Faggot
[quote1275505916=Shotgun Jesus]
[quote1275502332=Narf!]
[/quote1275502245]

[/quote1275502332]
Spinny would die and go to heaven. He'd love nothing more than to die while thick black splooge is pumping into his ass.

[/quote1275505916]

hahahahhahahahahahahah that made me lol....fuckin SJ

and I think they are making a new pipe/pump contraption, but apparently it wont be done until August, so the oil could be pumping for a couple more months if they keep failing with these temporary alternatives... I dont think my ass could support 2 months more of black splooge

BIOP

TD Admin / Rocker of City-Hair
[quote1275513442=Pyroette]
i know u cant build it in a day but u could probably build it in a couple weeks. and u could lower it with boat cranes. maybe in two peices?
[/quote1275513442]

It would be almost impossible, lowering the "top-hat" was extremely difficult to place it accurately. A mile long pipe would be even harder. And the two pipe ends would not fit over top of one another, in order to contain the oil pressure, the pipes have to be expertly made and welded by a talented welder, which is not possible underwater. Not to mention its not just one hole, when the pipe ruptured it ripped a crack in the ocean floor. The only thing that is going to completely stop it is drilling a relief well which won't be ready until august.

68cal

TD Member
Im no oil drilling expert, but anyone with some knowledge of hydrolics knows that a bunch of metal isnt going to stop highly pressurized fluid.

I like pyoettes idea since instead of trying to contain the oil, you can simply re-route it to a refinery or whatever. (just build a makeshift pipeline to get the bulk of the oil to a container)

dead mike

TD Member, Legend, Puncher of Faces, Chatbox King
maybe make an adapter to hook onto a 22" fire hose, just some kind of flexible extrusion shit pump it into a dried up well in texas