Looking for a good mouse, mousepad and monitor. Recommendations?

up-n-atom

DARKLY Regular
I've searched the depths of time to find this perfect gaming mouse. With a company name like Leaguer International Corp., they absolutely epitomize e-sports. This 400 DPI Bus Mouse, although circumcised of it's essence was at the top of its class circa 1980's. It's teflon coated trackball, high quality components, and 3 buttons of "fuck you, Apple!" madness are to this day revolutionizing. Sure, modern mouses have scroll wheels, lasers, acceleration and prediction technology, but they're missing that quintessential triumphant felling you get when you have to open up the heart of a mouse and Q-Tip away the oily dead skin cells from hours of gaming off the bearings. Forget those curvy ergonomics, it's all about the rigidness in this ambidextrous design. It doesn't conform, but molds your hands through time, to a cougar strength claw grip; An evolution for mankind. The 80's are back! with your big hair and non-conformist attitude, you surely can't pass up this champion.

16816562660_6361331bcf.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/up-n-atom/16816562660/
17003167791_f0dfd13c7c.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/up-n-atom/17003167791/

Last edited:

up-n-atom

DARKLY Regular
I would go with the corsair vengeance m65 rgb or non rgb. With a large Steelseries pad.

That's probably too much of a transition from the Logitech M500, although not too far from the advice they seem to have taken by Glocky's Corsair Sabre suggestion, which is awkward. Metal Lobster's advice for the Logitech G402 is probably the most sound upgrade. We just don't know the circumstances towards the request regarding a mouse upgrade, except for the fact that they prefer laser over optical, because they're leaning towards the Sabre Laser rather than Optical and that they also prefer ergonomic fit over ambidextrous; ruling out your M65. We could theoretically make the judgement that they prefer claw grip or have small hands by that lean towards the Sabre as well, but contradicts the M500, which could rule your M65 back as a contender, as Sushi Cutter advised. Too much mishmash if you ask me :P Hopefully that Steelseries pad is hard and the guys are taken aback.

Last edited:

Pyro

TD Admin
i don't know shit about monitors, but:
1. get a mouse with some weight and that feels comfortable in your hand; and
2. get a big mousepad

HappySticks™

TD Admin
I bought the M500 for the sole purpose of the price because I knew I would be upgrading. I just wanted something that would last me awhile and allowed me to actually use my new computer. Never did I look at the size of it or specifications.

In short, I hate the M500 but I used it as a place holder until I decided to upgrade.

I went to the store to try some different mouse types the other day. I found that I use a palm and prefer mice much bigger then the M500. The M500 just lacked weight and buttons.

The mouse pad I got was a SteellSeries QcK+ and let me tell you. It's massive! The monitor is on it's way as we speak (Asus VE248H)

Still leaning towards the Corsair RGB Sabre. Definantly going with optical since researching after my original post.

up-n-atom

DARKLY Regular
I bought the M500 for the sole purpose of the price because I knew I would be upgrading. I just wanted something that would last me awhile and allowed me to actually use my new computer. Never did I look at the size of it or specifications.

In short, I hate the M500 but I used it as a place holder until I decided to upgrade.

I went to the store to try some different mouse types the other day. I found that I use a palm and prefer mice much bigger then the M500. The M500 just lacked weight and buttons.

The mouse pad I got was a SteellSeries QcK+ and let me tell you. It's massive! The monitor is on it's way as we speak (Asus VE248H)

Still leaning towards the Corsair RGB Sabre. Definantly going with optical since researching after my original post.

You had me at palm but took my breath away at optical ;) Not sure if you tried the Sabre in-store but it's smallish but decent (none are perfect). If you can, make sure to double check the fit.

At 1:30 is the fit demo with large hands.

Last edited:

HappySticks™

TD Admin
Interesting. I didn't realize it was that small but honestly I dont think I would have to much of an issue with it.

Now I am considering the M65 though because I heard performance and quality wise it is great. Any major performance difference beyween the Vengeance and RGB styles? Does it come in optical?

http://tinyurl.com/o874jvh