Gaming Laptops

They are... what is it in my post that does not confirm this?

I'll expand it for you:
A small form factor rig is better than a gaming laptop; they are cheaper, offer better performance and in many instances they are lighter.
But considering Mandy wants a travel-ready/gaming-capable laptop that's cheap, and you might get 2 out of 3 of those things together, but never 3 of 3, I have no recommendations for a gaming laptop.
Thanks. My headaches are causing me to misunderstand things...I think I'll go lie down.

This sucks, I'll need to get a rid then, somehow.

Wrath

DARKLY Middleman
Didn't say that. I said you'll never get light, gaming capable that's cheap all in one laptop. Two out of three at best.

The MSI GX60 in the next post is a prime example. $1150 ain't cheap. 3.5KG (7.2lbs) isn't that light (most ultra-portables are under 4lbs).
So that's 1 1/2 out of 3 at best.
I was going off what Jakk said, cause it seems simpler to understand. :megaderp:
Yes, actually they are.
There is not a single good micro processor for gaming. Laptop gaming = gaming on garbage.
:smug:
So I'm gaming on garbage? :feelsbad:

Acer Aspire 5250-8Z467
Please commit suicide, who the fuck would spend 1K on a laptop?! Holy fuck!

Glocky

Drinking your tears
Just as an example... for about the same dollars but with a (way better) processor, hdd (bigger and better), screen (bigger and better), and better gpu all in an micro-itx case that has a handle :)

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($229.99 @ Amazon Canada)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master GeminII M4 58.4 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($34.99 @ Memory Express)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI Mini ITX LGA1155 Motherboard ($124.50 @ Vuugo)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($59.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($67.99 @ NCIX)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 2GB Video Card ($182.65 @ DirectCanada)
Case: BitFenix Prodigy (Black) Mini ITX Tower Case ($79.99 @ Canada Computers)
Power Supply: Rosewill Hive 650W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($89.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Optical Drive: LG UH12NS29 Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer ($49.49 @ Newegg Canada)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($97.99 @ NCIX)
Monitor: Asus VE228H 21.5" Monitor ($129.99 @ Canada Computers)
Keyboard: Logitech MK120 Wired Slim Keyboard w/Optical Mouse ($14.99 @ Canada Computers)
Total: $1162.55
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-05-09 20:31 EDT-0400)

radik

TD Member
Just as an example... for about the same dollars but with a (way better) processor, hdd (bigger and better), screen (bigger and better), and better gpu all in an micro-itx case that has a handle :)

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($229.99 @ Amazon Canada)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master GeminII M4 58.4 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($34.99 @ Memory Express)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI Mini ITX LGA1155 Motherboard ($124.50 @ Vuugo)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($59.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($67.99 @ NCIX)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 2GB Video Card ($182.65 @ DirectCanada)
Case: BitFenix Prodigy (Black) Mini ITX Tower Case ($79.99 @ Canada Computers)
Power Supply: Rosewill Hive 650W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($89.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Optical Drive: LG UH12NS29 Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer ($49.49 @ Newegg Canada)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($97.99 @ NCIX)
Monitor: Asus VE228H 21.5" Monitor ($129.99 @ Canada Computers)
Keyboard: Logitech MK120 Wired Slim Keyboard w/Optical Mouse ($14.99 @ Canada Computers)
Total: $1162.55
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-05-09 20:31 EDT-0400)
Yes, this is a way better computer, but it is in no way close to as portable as a 15.6" gaming laptop and a mouse.
With monitor, cables, and accessories it's still a desktop, and that does not help Mandy. She needs something that fits in a carry on not another suitcase.

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
Fucking man up Manderp and get a haf-932. It can double as your gaming rig/home until you find a place. Just ship the shit there.

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
Fucking man up Manderp and get a haf-932. It can double as your gaming rig/home until you find a place. Just ship the shit there.

+1. if u a badass, strap that big son-bitch on your back and give 'er! :rockon:

Glocky

Drinking your tears
Yes, this is a way better computer, but it is in no way close to as portable as a 15.6" gaming laptop and a mouse.
With monitor, cables, and accessories it's still a desktop, and that does not help Mandy. She needs needs something that fits in a carry on not another suitcase.
A $1150 laptop doesn't either. If no one else is staying on topic, why should I?

My example was to complete the thought that a relatively portable rig of comparable price crushes an underpowered AMD cpu relatively heavy AMD laptop.
Back to the unicorn scenario, there is no travel-ready/gaming-capable laptop that's cheap. You derps are on your own.

Bailed from a Technology Thread? Glocky, I am disappoint.
male-offspring-of-mine-i-am-saddened-over-the-previous-action.jpg

I wish there was a laptop to replace mine, under $400...and that gives me some lag on TF2.