extreme-pc.ca

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
u should've kept the first pc that u got for 2k. u overpaid, but not by THAT much to return it to lose $1000 !!! it was a sick i7 build.

:rip:

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
i feel bad, but the guy has not the slightest idea what hes doing. he was about to fuck up again until glocky caught it. im certain that even if u get the right shit, ull never be able to put it together. its like riding a bike or swimming, non-issue to ppl who know how to do it, :rip: to ppl who dont.

Glocky

Drinking your tears
I am going to type this slow because I know you don't read so well. This is based on now knowing you have an NCIX store you can pick up your system from which will save you shipping. Also, it is built around the best-bang-for-the-buck, with NCIX doing the assembly + OS.

All of this information is in the Darkly PC Building and Parts Resource Guide ... it's in the Darkly Technology forum. There could be more things to do, but I am keeping it simple and then running like hell from this thread.
Follow these steps exactly:
  1. Determine your all in budget, $900 and do math to determine pre-HST budget $900 / 1.13 =$796
  2. Cry when you understand how little you will get for less than $800 and cry more when you realize that you need to budget within that for $50 assembly, cry more when you realize that your previous i7 build would still be better than this, cry uncontrollably that this does not include an OS and your real budget for the parts is about $650 PC. This step 2 is optional and takes awareness which is unlikely to be present.
  3. Go to http://www.logicalincrements.com/, select country and click on Canada
  4. Look at the prices on the right side, stop when you get to just under your budget (remember your budget has been adjusted to include an OS as the site does not, leave room to include DVD burner too)
  5. Item by item, pick the parts from the list and put in your NCIX cart http://secure1.ncix.com/cart/
  6. Item by item, find the same parts and put them in a http://ca.pcpartpicker.com list
  7. Use NCIX's pricematch feature
    btn_cart_pricematchstart.gif
    by using your list from PC Partpicker
  8. Order/pay etc. for PC and set for pickup at store
  9. Pick up from store
  10. Do not overclock, you will fuck it up.
  11. Do not post about overclocking, we will tell you that you will fuck it up and be right.
For a build that requires an OS + assembly, even with price matching, it looks like you're in the "Good" tier on Logical Increments.

In the end, your PC part picker and NCIX cart should look something like this after tax (ignore the shipping, you won't be paying it)
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD A8-5600K 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor ($112.71 @ Vuugo)
Motherboard: MSI FM2-A85XA-G65 ATX FM2 Motherboard ($124.28 @ NCIX)
Memory: Mushkin Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($79.07 @ NCIX) <- or whatever DDR31600 memory is compatible with your cpu/mobo
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($72.88 @ Vuugo)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2GB Video Card ($186.16 @ Vuugo)
Case: Antec Three Hundred Two ATX Mid Tower Case ($57.78 @ NCIX)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($89.44 @ TigerDirect Canada)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($21.18 @ Vuugo)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($110.72 @ NCIX)
Other: Assembly ($50.00)
Total: $904.22
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-09-15 11:05 EDT-0400)

MetalLobster

TD Admin
I am going to type this slow because I know you don't read so well. This is based on now knowing you have an NCIX store you can pick up your system from which will save you shipping. Also, it is built around the best-bang-for-the-buck, with NCIX doing the assembly + OS.

All of this information is in the Darkly PC Building and Parts Resource Guide ... it's in the Darkly Technology forum. There could be more things to do, but I am keeping it simple and then running like hell from this thread.
Follow these steps exactly:
  1. Determine your all in budget, $900 and do math to determine pre-HST budget $900 / 1.13 =$796
  2. Cry when you understand how little you will get for less than $800 and cry more when you realize that you need to budget within that for $50 assembly, cry more when you realize that your previous i7 build would still be better than this, cry uncontrollably that this does not include an OS and your real budget for the parts is about $650 PC. This step 2 is optional and takes awareness which is unlikely to be present.
  3. Go to http://www.logicalincrements.com/, select country and click on Canada
  4. Look at the prices on the right side, stop when you get to just under your budget (remember your budget has been adjusted to include an OS as the site does not, leave room to include DVD burner too)
  5. Item by item, pick the parts from the list and put in your NCIX cart http://secure1.ncix.com/cart/
  6. Item by item, find the same parts and put them in a http://ca.pcpartpicker.com list
  7. Use NCIX's pricematch feature
    btn_cart_pricematchstart.gif
    by using your list from PC Partpicker
  8. Order/pay etc. for PC and set for pickup at store
  9. Pick up from store
  10. Do not overclock, you will fuck it up.
  11. Do not post about overclocking, we will tell you that you will fuck it up and be right.
For a build that requires an OS + assembly, even with price matching, it looks like you're in the "Good" tier on Logical Increments.

In the end, your PC part picker and NCIX cart should look something like this after tax (ignore the shipping, you won't be paying it)
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD A8-5600K 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor ($112.71 @ Vuugo)
Motherboard: MSI FM2-A85XA-G65 ATX FM2 Motherboard ($124.28 @ NCIX)
Memory: Mushkin Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($79.07 @ NCIX) <- or whatever DDR31600 memory is compatible with your cpu/mobo
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($72.88 @ Vuugo)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2GB Video Card ($186.16 @ Vuugo)
Case: Antec Three Hundred Two ATX Mid Tower Case ($57.78 @ NCIX)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($89.44 @ TigerDirect Canada)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($21.18 @ Vuugo)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($110.72 @ NCIX)
Other: Assembly ($50.00)
Total: $904.22
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-09-15 11:05 EDT-0400)

:kimjongun:

/thread

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
Real talk: No matter where you are going for this pc, you should wait til black friday with such a low budget. Nov isn't that far away and its the only way you can get something nice for so little $$

Xilorator

Blackpulse Admin
I want a custom built one to save moeny thuogh.... i tried a load of prebuilts in the past and they've all failed me.

From what I have read in this thread that you yourself have said. You aren't ready to even buy a computer. You need to teach yourself how to build a one. You want a custom PC and one that you won't get fucked over with. Therefore, you are the last option. Teach yourself how to build one. Watch videos. Ask questions. When you ask question make sure you ask them to explain why. Get information from more than one place. Read reviews.

Watch these videos from beginning to end.

When finished watching them, watch them again.

Read this shit and absorb the info. Then absorb some more.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/139299700/Pc-Building-Guide

It took me a year and a half to go from knowing very little to a fairly decent amount. In that year and a half, I must have made hundreds builds on PCPartPicker. This takes time and in the end it is well worth it. Simply being able to put the computer together isn't enough. Knowing as much as possible about each part is ideal.

You are not ready to build a computer and to do so would only mean that you probably would end up with a pre-built quality piece of crap. I'd advise you to take what I have said seriously.