extreme-pc.ca

shoottomaim

BANNED
Fishy or not fishy :P. Here's the setup I'm thinking of getting, but it's way over my budget ($900, it's $1390 including tax):
CUST-85513
Any ways to cut down the price? tyty
Also, this seems like the way to go for me because it's like one of the only place near Markham that actually build customs for you. <3

Glocky

Drinking your tears
Is this the system? http://www.extreme-pc.ca/customize.asp?productid=369288&custid=85513

You've changed to an Intel processor but left the AMD retail cooler and AMD motherboard... I hope if you actually place the order they would correct that.
I've suggested a comparably priced build but what you would have to do is find an e-tailer that after assembly, shipping and price-matching would be in your price range. You can look in the Darkly PC Building and Parts Resource guide in my sig to pick one.

There is no reason to choose the 4570S over the 4570 unless you want to save ~$3 on electricity per year, they are usually the same price or close enough.
(If you were going to overclock, consider the 4670K for +$40 and the appropriate motherboard - but I went with the 4570 for the suggested build)

So I can match extreme pc's price ($50 less because I didn't add the $50 30 day warranty that they added - but factor shipping) while upgrading you from the 650 ti boost to a 660 ti --- to beat the price, you can drop $55 or so and settle for a 650 ti boost.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4570 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($199.75 @ DirectCanada)
Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($156.75 @ Vuugo)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($64.50 @ Vuugo)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB Video Card ($214.00 @ Canada Computers)
Case: Corsair 400R ATX Mid Tower Case ($87.28 @ DirectCanada)
Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 650W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($109.99 @ NCIX)
Optical Drive: Lite-On IHAS324-07 DVD/CD Writer ($42.59 @ Newegg Canada)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($97.99 @ NCIX)
Total: $1042.84
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-09-14 13:15 EDT-0400)

Glocky

Drinking your tears
And this one trims every last dollar for a bare minimum dual cpu / 650 ti boost 2GB build:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i3-3220 3.3GHz Dual-Core Processor ($129.99 @ Amazon Canada)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($89.99 @ Canada Computers)
Memory: Mushkin Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.98 @ NCIX)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($64.50 @ Vuugo)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2GB Video Card ($177.48 @ Newegg Canada)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($54.46 @ DirectCanada)
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 520W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($93.59 @ Newegg Canada)
Optical Drive: Lite-On IHAS324-07 DVD/CD Writer ($42.59 @ Newegg Canada)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($97.99 @ NCIX)
Total: $820.57
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-09-14 13:36 EDT-0400)

shoottomaim

BANNED
You guys mis-understand, I'm looking for someone who is with a company who won't do anything sketchy who are willing to build me a custom computer (@Glocky). I'll look into NCIX because they have a store near me :d.
canadacomputers.com
NEVER AGAIN
NCIX also builds PC's in Markham and they have a store that you can walk into.

In First Markham Place, ye..... but think I can get a proper quote without them trying to rip me off? :D I keep trying to cut the price to under $1000, but it's so hard when a decent video card is already $200+ and the processor is also $200+/

Glocky

Drinking your tears
I don't work for a computer company :) I just keep myself informed for my own purposes.
You really don't want me building *your* computer for a variety of reasons:
  1. I'm in Ottawa, therefore shipping
  2. You'd have to pay for all the parts in advance with my shipping address
  3. I would probably charge less per hour than a computer store, but it would take me far more hours (not as practised, more cautious and would want perfect cable management)
So this is what you do.

Instead of over and over opinion shopping, you figure out your all in budget, you go to NCIX or whatever storefront and ask for an all in price bang-for-the-buck gaming PC within that because you are clearly not reading any of the resources that have been sourced here. You won't the most for the least money and least effort on your part.

Once NCIX or whatever gives you a quote which invariably slightly over your budget, you use http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/ (again in the Darkly resource guide) to price match the shizznit out of every piece and get within/under your budget.

/thread where shoottomaim yet again circlejerks endlessly about buying a PC :P

Thanatos

TD Member
You guys mis-understand, I'm looking for someone who is with a company who won't do anything sketchy who are willing to build me a custom computer (@Glocky). I'll look into NCIX because they have a store near me :d.

NEVER AGAIN

What happened??? Their sales people are slightly less knowledgeable than your average Best Buy employee but their prices are outstanding if you can do your own custom build.

shoottomaim

BANNED
What happened??? Their sales people are slightly less knowledgeable than your average Best Buy employee but their prices are outstanding if you can do your own custom build.

Got ripped off by them... severely. Their return policy is absolute shit.

Hinouchi

TD Admin
I don't work for a computer company :) I just keep myself informed for my own purposes.
You really don't want me building *your* computer for a variety of reasons:
  1. I'm in Ottawa, therefore shipping
  2. You'd have to pay for all the parts in advance with my shipping address
  3. I would probably charge less per hour than a computer store, but it would take me far more hours (not as practised, more cautious and would want perfect cable management)
So this is what you do.

Instead of over and over opinion shopping, you figure out your all in budget, you go to NCIX or whatever storefront and ask for an all in price bang-for-the-buck gaming PC within that because you are clearly not reading any of the resources that have been sourced here. You won't the most for the least money and least effort on your part.

Once NCIX or whatever gives you a quote which invariably slightly over your budget, you use http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/ (again in the Darkly resource guide) to price match the shizznit out of every piece and get within/under your budget.

/thread where shoottomaim yet again circlejerks endlessly about buying a PC :P

Buy a console ...

MetalLobster

TD Admin

NEVER AGAIN

In First Markham Place, ye..... but think I can get a proper quote without them trying to rip me off? :D I keep trying to cut the price to under $1000, but it's so hard when a decent video card is already $200+ and the processor is also $200+/

Configure and order a system on their website and request to have it send to the first markham place store so you can pick it up.

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon

In short: you're a fucking idiot. An hero. Toaster in the tub.

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
im not joining the hate train, but this whole customized pc business is clearly not for u. bail and get a console/dell, before you epicfail