• Guest, if you wish to appeal your ban, please read these threads first:

READ ME DARKLY Ban Appeal Template + READ ME DARKLY Server Rules

Guest, Ban Appeal threads are for the player appealing and the banning Admin to respond to. All other posts will be removed at the Moderator's discretion.

UNBANNED Explanations

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoottomaim

BANNED
I think that you guys are just underestimating the importance of sound in the game and all of the factors that are collectively known as 'game sense'. I get accused of 'hacking' at least once a day because I hear people before I see them. I also always make a conscious effort to keep my crosshair at head level.

And I also empathize with Ace regarding his point about trying to deal with being on a team on T side that just camps the entire match. I love it so much when I'm trying to rush a choke point and trying to peak around a corner quickly when some douchebag on my team stands directly in front of my line of fire and tries to steal my pick while most of the other players just do fuck all somewhere else - blocking each other, baiting each other, camping, etc. I completely understand where Ace is coming from here.

oh man that one time on nightfever, it was literally always you that killed me every single round. T.T
but the point about peter pan joining a team and everyoen stacking onto it... it's true ;c
I nominate the maps i like, just like everyone do. I don't see why it is a problem. D2, inferno, losttemple, mirage, mill and sometimes nuke.
my fav maps.... :notsure: thought hacking

STERLINGARCHER

DARKLY Regular
If you have an opinion, you're entitled to share it. Flaming and trolling are not going to happen here.

Explanations are above, you're allowed to disagree of course. However, don't go ignoring everything said just to piss all over the place.

My post was not trolling at all. He is being banned for HACKING correct? Because all the other reasons listed happen EVERYDAY on the server by many regs.

kel

I'm New Here
I've been around the TD block for quite some time copper. I've played on TD since Primigenia days with Jam in ~06. In ~'08 me and 44cal traded #1 on CS:S for around 6 months. If you remember 3xtr3m3, I'm one of the people who pushed for his ban/demo'd him for weeks. I'm pretty sure anyone who is old school remembers me.

I'm only stepping up and commenting because I've never seen something like this happen in the 7 or so years I've been on TD. I've never seen someone banned for their "playstyle" with little-to-no public evidence. I'm not active on the forums anymore, so maybe I just dont "get" how things work. If evidence isn't posted in public anymore, I don't have much to say. If the unposted evidence is damning and buckshot vouches that it's solid, then I don't have anything to add. But as someone who has watched such a wonderful community grow bigger, get better, and even struggle at times (IE Mahone/Jeffy days), I feel like this is a place I need to comment. TD has been and is my only CS home and has been for the 590 logged CS:S hours, 200 CS:go hours, and probably over 1500+ hours before steam kept track. Nothing matches the community/players. I've watched the "bad" players progress to be better than myself, made a lot of friends, and have had a ton of fun on TD. I just don't want to lose that experience and I wouldn't want other players to be removed from the fun/community without a valid reason.

I've seen the witchhunts happen before and have even wielded the pitchforks at times. I'd like to see the situation be resolved fairly and with humanity - that's what TD has always been about. It's not just a random pub, it's way more than that. If this fellow has committed an offence that is grave enough to be removed from the community, it should be certain that emotions aren't clouding justice. If I can at all be part of that and my view is accepted/wanted, I feel obligated to pitch in. It's difficult to ban the #1 player because he's also usually the most notorious/hated player. I've raged when ace killed me hundreds of times. From my observation, I never saw anything that seemed illegitimate - I only watched him for 2-3hrs though. So, like I said, others might have better accounts. If it's a true community, some people like myself will attempt to defend the due process and make sure there is a defense.

I'll be here regardless of how it turns out, but I just hope the side of the discussion that I am seeing isn't the new precedent. I hope there really is a damn good reason and I do have faith that people like buckshot/biop are acting in what they think is in the best interest of the community. Just trying to endorse fairness, a due process, and justice. Not bitching :)

TinanaBoa

DARKLY Regular
IMO players like Peter and Shaners are too skilled for a pub server like TD.
Often when they're way ahead in the scoreboard, they dumb down their play so the rest of us can catch up.
When Peter first started playing here, he was damn near invincible but over the last couple of weeks we've adapted to his play style and he hasn't been dominating as much or so i'd like to think. lol

Since he isn't being banned for 'hacking', perhaps there is a chance the ban can be re-evaluated later on since its his play style that needs to change.

STERLINGARCHER

DARKLY Regular
This is an obvious troll. You're doing nothing but trying to start a fire, however unsuccessful. It is no one's fault you're too ignorant to read the thread, but persist to spew shit.

I've read the entire thread and take copper and your opinion seriously, as youve obviously done more research than I have. I too wanted to convince myself he was hacking but from specing i could not see that.

However BIOP clearly stated the ban is due to a combination of complaints and my point is many of those complaints are exploited by many regs every day.

TinanaBoa

DARKLY Regular
Again - he's not being banned for hacking. Please read the thread before commenting and criticizing.
I've read the whole tread bud.. I found you to be the only one with a negative attitude looking to shut people with a different opinion than yours.
Please have some respect for others OG!

kel

I'm New Here
My post was not trolling at all. He is being banned for HACKING correct? Because all the other reasons listed happen EVERYDAY on the server by many regs.

That's what I'm saying. Even if ace was stacking (which I don't think he is - except joining CT and leaving, which is lame) so does everyone with a darkly tag. If it's his "guard the flank" playstyle, so do a ton of players, including myself. If it's hacking, then there's no point having the discussion - but if the other reasons that are generally accepted are being used to support a potentially weak hacking claim, then I don't think it's really a fair ban. It's essentially Red Scare-McCarthyism (Sorry, I'm a murrrcan. Look it up, Moose-people) What I'm saying is that if there's not solid evidence, it can be easy to just have witchhunts against people by having community votes. A lot of people are potentially uninformed and voting more on his play style and the perception that he's "too good to be true" than on an offense that is bannable according to the rules.

For instance: I remember Buckshot always pwning me with a scout on CS:S and I hated scouters. At first I thought he was BS, but over a 2-3 month period I realized he wasn't. What if I complained about him in those 2-3 months without evidence to get him banned, and due to many other people complaining/leaving the server when he was on an admin responded to that uproar by banning him. Then the community loses a player who has always been polite, decent, and following the rules.

Once again, I trust that TD is above this, as it always has been... but sometimes you just have to make sure.

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
they dumb down their play so the rest of us can catch up.

Hacking accusations aside, not only is PP VERY good, hes been caught stacking teams, trying hard as fuck and raping mercilessly, in turn, killing the server experience. Anyone who is fucking amazing should help balance the teams, because they are the few who have the skill to make a difference and make TD a better place.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
I've read the entire thread and take copper and your opinion seriously, as youve obviously done more research than I have. I too wanted to convince myself he was hacking but from specing i could not see that.

However BIOP clearly stated the ban is due to a combination of complaints and my point is many of those complaints are exploited by many regs every day.

NOW you're being more reasonable. Ban isn't just hacking. There isn't proof, no one ever said there was proof. Ban is an accumulation of shit from months and months of work...

BIOP

TD Admin / Rocker of City-Hair
Guys, this back and forth banter is useless. Read my post that sums everything up, and take what you will from there. Stop with the flaming. Stop with reading a single point in a post and commenting on it. Read my post that sums everything up and take it in its ENTIRETY.
Sterling you are right,other regulars are guilty of some of the same things on occasion. Again, as I stated before, Peter is guilty of ALL of them, a lot more frequently than everyone else. He is consistently guilty of ALL of them. Again, there have been months of complaints, that have been reviewed for months.
All members are guilty of something, and someone will tell them to stop doing it. Hell, I have been told by other admins to stop playing like a wiener some times too. The fact is Peter is FAR worse than everyone at everything mentioned.
One more time, to drive this home to you guys: It's not one or two admins with specific opinions, is has been SEVERAL people of different standing in the community piping up.
Kel, people have been shown the door for this exact reason before. Pipboy and Rabies are two that I remember.
Posts wouldn't have to be deleted if there wasn't such useless back and forth banter going on.

kel

I'm New Here
Hacking accusations aside, not only is PP VERY good, hes been caught stacking teams, trying hard as fuck and raping mercilessly, in turn, killing the server experience. Anyone who is fucking amazing should help balance the teams, because they are the few who have the skill to make a difference and make TD a better place​
I've been trying to get TD to do this since CS:S... so I doubt it'll go anywhere. But if teamstacking is an issue, why not force auto-assign or shuffle teams after the warmup? It'd make the server so much better. Why not even try it for a month, like formerly awpnight. With teams switching at half, there's no reason to not shuffle. Give donators the perk to switch teams if they wish.​

kel

I'm New Here
NOW you're being more reasonable. Ban isn't just hacking. There isn't proof, no one ever said there was proof. Ban is an accumulation of shit from months and months of work...
If the hacking claim isn't solid I'd rather just see exactly what 47 posted

Hacking accusations aside, not only is PP VERY good, hes been caught stacking teams, trying hard as fuck and raping mercilessly, in turn, killing the server experience. Anyone who is fucking amazing should help balance the teams, because they are the few who have the skill to make a difference and make TD a better place.

To me, the hacking accusation just seemed like a convenient excuse. I disagree with the stance, but agree with the due process and reasoning provided by 47. I just don't like seeing players accused of hacking when it's not solid #1. it shows up on google if his steam ID is googled, #2. it is low IMO.

I don't have anything to add anymore, but I thank you all for the explanation/clarification.

PETER PAN

I'm new here

I never stacked teams intentionally. Since roach warned me, i always auto when i join a map in progress. When the server loads a new map, i'm always the first either T or CT. I try when its possible to balance the teams, but sometimes i can't because the other team is full. You guys can easily find an admin who can approve what i just said.

MetalLobster

TD Admin
To sum this up ONE more time, he is banned for:
1) Suspicion of hacking in some shape or form (every can argue back and forth on this with no progress).
2) Consistently nominating CT sided maps to play CT, to quit on T. (This has been seen by SEVERAL people, not just 3 admins)
3) Consistently playing for himself and not the team on T side. (Again, constantly points out by several people)
4) Causing other players to quit TD.
5) Causing regulars to not play on TD while he is there.

I understand your decision is final, however there are a few things I would like to comment on.

2) A lot of maps are CT sided. Nuke, Train, Inferno, Mirage are considered CT sided and the larger maps that are not in the competitive/classic mode, being Nightfever, Lost temple, Egon, etc, are a wash. AFAIK, Dust 2 arguably is the only T sided map.

3) What's considered "playing for himself"? Not joining the rushing bandwagon, in favor of picking rotating players? Not buying guns for other players? Flashing a room with teammates and enemies, to kill the enemies? I don't see what's wrong with playing for the sake of just killing the other team, because it's a 32 pub, teams don't always communicate and coordinate.

4) Before the games begin, I always notice players stacking the team Ace is on and the opposing team gets rolled. Is it really Aces fault? In due time, the people are going to stack the team walker, rex, balloonhands, or any top player joins. I've advocated auto-balancing the past, but that got shut down and I've hesitated to recommend anything for the server since.

5) Somewhat true, it causes the regulars on the team Ace is not playing on to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.