• Guest, if you wish to appeal your ban, please read these threads first:

READ ME DARKLY Ban Appeal Template + READ ME DARKLY Server Rules

Guest, Ban Appeal threads are for the player appealing and the banning Admin to respond to. All other posts will be removed at the Moderator's discretion.

UNBANNED Ban Appeal - ShootToMaim

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoottomaim

BANNED
Name When Banned: ShootToMaim™ // #spiderpig
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:44979521
Game: CS:GO
Server: Toronto Darkly | NO AWP/AUTO + FF ON | darklygaming.com
Ban Reason: "Worse than Brains"

State your case:
Genesis was on 3 hours ago... idk.
Maim IM sick of u STFU ... I'm in alberta right now i have a picture of the ranks when i get back i will give the prizes out ..... like i said STFU maim or ill make u stfu
http://darklygaming.com/forum/threads/chicago-darkly-top10.12396/page-3
http://darklygaming.com/forum/threads/so-long-and-thanks-for-the-fish.12746/
Quotes and the entire story can be found there.

Long story short:
Genesis hosts a top 10 challenge, winners get prizes. Contest ends on Aug. 1, but Genesis does not reply until ~the 3rd. On the 2nd, @Gr1m_R3ap3r asks why the prizes haven't been given out yet.
Other than Maim complaining, when do we get the prizes?
I state a fact:
Genesis was on 3 hours ago... idk.
This post was not meant for Genesis to view me as impatient or spoiled, and I have no prior knowledge of him:
in alberta
I simply posted that he was on 3 hours ago because, like most of the other players, I was confused that there was no contact from Genesis saying "Hey guys, I'm in Alberta, won't be around, please wait a bit.". If he was on Steam 3 hours ago from my time of checking on August 2, I assumed he would be kind enough to go on Tapatalk or some other forum-related software and check in with the winners. He didn't, and that is completely fine, but what isn't is a permanent ban for saying "Genesis was on 3 hours ago'.

To me, there is nothing here that is good enough of a reason to ban me, let alone permanently. Genesis, personally, I'm fine with you being sick of me. It goes both ways. What really ticks me off is this.
Soooooo, when will Maim be unbanned? This is fucking stupid. I know he's the bane of many jokes here, but permabanning him isn't really a good one. If you're sooky, then grow the fuck up. Maim pushed that server just as much as you did, even though he's not even a fucking member, and there's no need to treat him like an idiot. Don't be an asshole.
really he did lol he pushed it for a week i gave him skins to give away and i gave him a game to do it after that he was barley in there as of now im at work ill be on later tonight

Let's dissect that, shall we?
really he did lol he pushed it for a week i gave him skins to give away and i gave him a game to do it
You make starting up the server for a week seem like a very easy job, don't you? I remember you saying yourself when you asked me to help you out that it wouldn't be an easy job, as you had to sit in the server while resisting the temptation to go on the already-full TD server. I spent 2 hours+ every day for 5 days. During that time, I could have worked at McD's and gotten $110 instead of a game worth less than $2.50. But instead, I opted to help you out and DARKLY out by spending the time I could have played TD and helped start up Chicago as well.
Everyone gave me skins to give away, it was a community effort. I donated skins, Rams donated skins, guy_smiley donated skins, lots of people donated skins. I don't really believe money is the issue here though.
You gave me a game to do it. I'll try not to sound unhappy, unappreciative, or spoiled here, but you gave me a game that is worth less than a key. When you offered me the game, at first I denied it seeing as I was starting up the Chicago server for a good cause, but later I accepted it as it could've been something to give away to 11th place, or for me to play.

Continuing with the quote.
after that he was barley in there as of now im at work ill be on later tonight
"he was barley in there as of now"
That's a false statement; I join if someone is idle in there (LB, etc.) and try to start it up. I just have less patience now, because school is going on and I'd like to get my fix of gaming before going to study.
BFvYbD5.png

NzNBaQY.png

And yes, I know you have 2 accounts. Your second account has 12 days activity, but has 0% play time as of late. I quote again:
"he was barley in there as of now"
So I will be taking the "as of now" part and applying it in the activity comparisons.
76% - 67%.

:coffeethink:

His reply:
maim i have 4 accounts if u wanna be fair ..... your not helping yourself
Sorry Genesis... don't see the other 2 accounts... doesn't seem like you played with them on Chicago.

Right now, I have no idea why I'm being banned besides what I mentioned above. If there's something else I'm being banned for which is legitimate, go ahead and bring it up. I would like to be unbanned though, the server is great and the community is even better. It would be a shame not to play daily with them again...

Thanks for your time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.