Any good VPS host?

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Are you setting up at 10-GbE network with that?

For the recent project I completed last year, I designed and built a network for a new Hospital in Toronto. I used two Cisco 6500's in VSS. Each floor had two switch stacks, one stack going to a 6500 on the 10th floor; one stack to the NOC to the other 6500. Between the two 6500's was a 40Gb link (20 up, 20 down). All switch stacks were linked to data/voip/tv through cat6A through cisco 3750 switches in the stacks, and each lead switch in the stack had 10Gb up to the 10th floor 6500, and another 10Gb going down to the NOC.

It was pretty badass. They had a good budget, and they approved my design. Hospital's up and running now, with plenty of room for expansion.

Stan Radner

DARKLY Regular
For the recent project I completed last year, I designed and built a network for a new Hospital in Toronto. I used two Cisco 6500's in VSS. Each floor had two switch stacks, one stack going to a 6500 on the 10th floor; one stack to the NOC to the other 6500. Between the two 6500's was a 40Gb link (20 up, 20 down). All switch stacks were linked to data/voip/tv through cat6A through cisco 3750 switches in the stacks, and each lead switch in the stack had 10Gb up to the 10th floor 6500, and another 10Gb going down to the NOC.

It was pretty badass. They had a good budget, and they approved my design. Hospital's up and running now, with plenty of room for expansion.

Sounds like it took you some time but man, time well paid off!

up-n-atom

DARKLY Regular
Hahah well good to know you are real. I did order a cloud VPS from OVH, we'll try it out and see how it goes. I read their service is great, uptime is great, just pray you never have to contact their customer support which is where they get their bad rep from. Thanks for the feedback up-n-atom I appreciate it.

I hope it becomes a great home for Darkly and saves you all a lot of dinero. If not, nothing gained, nothing lost... You may also want to keep an eye on http://www.soyoustart.com/ca/en/, an OVH subsidiary, and their gaming server pricing for the near future.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
putty for the win. you're not a real hacker if you use anything but.

Ninja please, SecureCRT has SSH, Telnet etc. and all in a sandbox environment until you tell it to execute (great for batch processing orders/commands) so in case you fuck up, it was never written :)

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
I've been playing here and there throughout the last week, and I honestly can't notice anything people here are talking about. Ever since running at 64-tic, shit is smooth.

I'm on Teksavvy and am routed through Tor-ix.

As for the game's general choppiness, well, that's GO. It's been like that since day one. I think people shouldn't play GO if they expect smoothness, in my opinion..

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
Here I am asking for help ONCE AGAIN.
The hosting plan with the previous host has been canceled. We need to do the migration to the new host. We need to do this no later than this week.

What happens if we don't? Simple. We lose everything. The website, the forums, forever gone. I'm not gonna keep begging for help. If noone wants to do this, well, RIP DARKLY.

Brades

Leroy

skd_mrk

Posted using dat Q10

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
The hosting plan with the previous host has been canceled. We need to do the migration to the new host. We need to do this no later than this week.

What happens if we don't? Simple. We lose everything. The website, the forums, forever gone. I'm not gonna keep begging for help. If noone wants to do this, well, RIP DARKLY.

Brades

Leroy

skd_mrk

Posted using dat Q10

I've never done it but am willing to google/learn whatever today. I know Brades outlined the general steps previously (tar the whole shit, transfer, untar and change the dns), but I'm afraid of fucking something up :S

I know enough unix and can work through putty just fine, I'm just honestly scurred.. If no one (who knows how to do it) steps up, I'll do it. I'll start looking this all up in the next few hours while I work, to prepare.

up-n-atom

DARKLY Regular
I've never done it but am willing to google/learn whatever today. I know Brades outlined the general steps previously (tar the whole shit, transfer, untar and change the dns), but I'm afraid of fucking something up :S

I know enough unix and can work through putty just fine, I'm just honestly scurred.. If no one (who knows how to do it) steps up, I'll do it. I'll start looking this all up in the next few hours while I work, to prepare.

You'd probably want to install and setup the new server first. This usually requires a VNC client before any SSH server is operational, unless it's an already provisioned image and/or the rescue mode is via SSH. I've always started from scratch (Install ISO) and simulate my server in a local VMware image and run all task on it before the real deal. If you keep things to their bare minimum there is less risk and more time to play games ;)

$alvador

TD Member
if you just try to drag n drop the whole kit kaboodle it might break everything if the new server has different upgrades/versions of utilities. just set up a fresh install of everything and migrate the forum database

Gatherix

Death by Darkly

Brades

Leroy

skd_mrk

Posted using dat Q10

I'm happy to do it if time permits.

Does the new VPS need to be hardened?