??

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
The remote does NOT work in any instance - in windows, in Media Centre, haven't tried WinTV because I want to avoid that garbage software and use it for it's intended purpose - WINDOWS MEDIA CENTRE! lol They claim it's natively supported, but Christ it's so nonsense...

The IR only lights up if I'm physically touching it with the remote while pushing a button. If I'm even 2cm away from it, it will not light up.

Note: Even when I'm touching the two while pushing a button, still no response. Also, the "Unknown USB Device" remains in Device Manager.

I'm beginning to think that my luck with buying new, cool shit has come back. It just won't work for me, but every other guy who knows nothing about it can buy it and it works :(

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
What's the hardware ID for that unknown USB device? I'll look it up in my machine.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Returned it, tried Hauppauge 1600, same deal.

FINALLY, found an 1800 packaged as an 1850 - the one with the seperate, USB IR receiver. Tested on my computer (my bro's exact model, used his to test), and it worked right away, zero hastles.

Found one, he's gonna pick it up for me while I work :D

In conclusion - don't buy this generation of tuners with on-board IR because they WILL NOT WORK in windows 7. Thanks all for the help :)