??

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Ok, here's one issue even I can't figure out (HAH! Mandy, told you there'd be ONE! Lol).

Before I start, here's my setup:
- Asus P5K-E WIFI/AP
- Q6600 @ 3.2Ghz
- 8GB DDR2 @ 753Mhz (4-4-4-12)
- Nvidia 8800 Ultra (768MB)
- Hauppauge Wintv-HVR 1850
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Ok, this is an issue with my tvtuner (brand new, bought yesterday) and Windows Media Centre. I want to watch tv on my shit, it works fantastic - BUT - I can't use the controller :( I exchanged it today for another one, been here since 10pm tonight, to no avail.

I'm starting to think it's got something to do with drivers. My bro runs almost the same shit (Hauppauge Wintv-HVR 1800) and it works flawlessly. Mine, however, doesn't :(

His IR Receiver (the shit that receives signal from your Windows remote - plugged into the tvtuner itself) is a little different than mine. It's bigger, looks more professional, and fuck me twice, works like a champ.

Mine looks cheaper, smaller, and doesn't work. Is it just THAT?

Anyone else run a tvtuner with a Windows remote/IR Receiver on Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit?

Thanks in advance :)

mandy

TD Member
It would have been hilarious if I knew this... Then I could be all "IN YO FACE!" but yeah, no.
:D
I'll find something to beat you at, in the meantime good luck.

The remote that comes with the Hauppauge does not work with MediaCenter AFAIK, you'll need to buy a seperate IR/Remote specificly for MCE.

dead mike

TD Member, Legend, Puncher of Faces, Chatbox King
[quote1263143820=TD|night blade]
The remote that comes with the Hauppauge does not work with MediaCenter AFAIK, you'll need to buy a seperate IR/Remote specificly for MCE.
[/quote1263143820]

pwnd, or get xbmc or somthing fuckin pig disgusting windows...

HooB.wg

Hacking Faggot
those WinTv products are so faulty.. Had a setup before and its really 50/50 whether it works or not =/

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
[quote1263148558=TD|night blade]
[/quote1263148558]

My Hauppauge unit (1850 just like BJs) came with a remote that works flawlessly With MCE so I dunno what drugs ur on. :D

Does your remote say anything on it BJ? Name number something?

Well I have the 1250 and the remote does shit for MC, only works with the shitty TV software the card came with. Who knows, BJ try harder ;).

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
It's official Windows MCE Remote/IR, apparently. It's the same shit as my bro's (Hauppauge Wintv-HVR 1800) except the IR looks a little cheaper.

Here's pictures of everything.

Front of Box
[lightbox=http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/2913/dsc00293fu.jpg|||]/lw.jpg[/lightbox]

Back of Box[lightbox=http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/4698/dsc00294u.jpg|||]/lw.jpg[/lightbox]

Remote
[lightbox=http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/8985/dsc00296yu.jpg|||]/lw.jpg[/lightbox]

Back of Remote
[lightbox=http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/9740/dsc00299ht.jpg|||]/lw.jpg[/lightbox]

IR Blaster
[lightbox=http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/8739/dsc00300ec.jpg|||]/lw.jpg[/lightbox]

IR Blaster Close-Up
[lightbox=http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/6131/dsc00301l.jpg|||]/lw.jpg[/lightbox]

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
thats the same remote I have it should work fine.
I'll check my driver version tomorrow and where they came from.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Sick, thank you so much. Quick Q's though:

- what OS you have
- 32 or 64 bit

I have tried Windows drivers, CD drivers, and "new" drivers from hauppauge site for this card.

Quick note:
- every time it installs (any set of drivers), device manager shows a working 1850 and an IR. HOWEVER, there is always an "unknown" usb device that's not there when I uninstall the card.

Thanks a ton Cock!

Yeah, that's a MCE remote for sure, not the POS I got with my 1250. It should work no problem, what is more than likely happening is that unknown device is the remote, what you do is delete the unknown + the IR from the device list & let it redetect. If that doesn't work try another USB port for the IR, last try is to get Cock to shoot you the driver for it.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
The ir isn't USB it plugs into the card... Tried both pci slots n removing n reinstalling fuckin 50 times... So frustrating man..

Thanks night blade

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
windows 7 x64 Ultimate. I'll get the versions soon as I get home.

Ok there is an IR program I Remeber uninstalling or disabling it came on the CD/webinstall.

This is going to sound stupid but have you done a windows hardware update?

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
OK Here we go! drivers are as follows

Under Human Interface Devices:
Hauppauge Consumer Infrared Receiver
Driver is From Hauppauge
Driver date is 9/10/09
Version 1.44.27253.0

Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver
Driver is from Microsoft
no date

And my Card is same as yours HVR-1850
Driver is From Hauppauge
Driver date is 9/10/09
Version 1.44.27253.0

When you download the program from the website, launch the installer and you'll see "Browse CD" there is a "HCWclear" i had to use that twice to get things working as it seems an uninstall just doesn't cut it. After it's run just install the Drivers nothing else. There is also an IR config tool when you "Browse CD" it might help.

if there is any other device info you need just tell me.

most likely made things more confusing rather then less......

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Ok, right off the bat, I have NO "Microsoft eHome Infrared Transveiver" under HID's... Hmmm...

- Yes, I've used HCWclear and I'll do it again for all the options it provides. Then I'll install drivers, but I CANNOT FIND the eHome Infrared Transceiver driver to install :(

Cock, you're pointing me on the right track man, otherwise I'd return it... Thank you SOOOO much!

I'm working 5-9:15pm tomorrow so I'll try all this shit as soon as I get up! :)

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
I'm an idiot, Ignore the eHome shit I forgot I have an IR keyboard hooked up. I'll see if this is the reason mine works.....

Does the remote work with WinTV at all? Since you just bought the thing call up Hauppauge get some free support.

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
Mmmmkay def nothing to do with the eHome shit.
Note: the WinTV-HVR-1800 and WinTV-HVR-1850 are identical, except that the WinTV-HVR-1850 includes an on-board Windows Media Center compatible IR receiver/blaster. All software for the WinTV-HVR-1800 will run on the WinTV-HVR-1850.

is the remote working with WinTV at all?