• Please remember to wrap not safe for work text/images in [NSFW][/NSFW] tags.
    Example: [NSFW][img]http://darklygaming.com/images/spinnysgapedass.jpg[/img][/NSFW]

Bitcoin is at $420

Smurf Eater

Donator Supreme!
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-01-16/precious-metals-manipulation-worse-libor-german-regulator-says "Precious Metals Manipulation Worse Than Libor Scandal, German Regulator Says" Everything is being manipulated. Bitcoin is probably the least manipulated. Realize the Libor scandal involved $330 Trillion dollars in derivatives well over 15 years. There is about $65 Trillion dollars in circulation in the entire world today. That means these people essentially embezzled over 5 times the wealth of the entire world, and if the precious metals manipulation is WORSE than that....

Smurf Eater

Donator Supreme!
Let me also point something out, if anyone is using Bitcoin to launder money, they are retarded. Here we go with the explanation. All Bitcoin addresses are public. So when you move Bitcoin from one address to another, EVERYONE can see how much you moved. No matter how many millions of addresses you create to spread it out, anyone with half a brain (a government agency or even hackers) can literally track all the money you moved. When you move your money to Bitcoin, you literally revealed yourself to the entire world. I can get more into this but I'm not going to. This is why I point out to people, it took me well over 8 to 9 months worth of reading and research before I BEGAN to understand the basics of Bitcoin. It's a trap in that sense. People that are using Bitcoin to launder money are fools, they just outed themselves.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
You're right, everything is being manipulated. However, one system is currently in use, trusted, and available. As well, my employer uses it, and pays me, and everyone else with it. And the other system is used by a bunch of Chinese/Russian hackers who are capitalizing and hoarding it much worse than the current system.

Oh well, back to work for real money I go...

dead mike

TD Member, Legend, Puncher of Faces, Chatbox King
-the internets

cka5.jpg

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
Smurf Eater , should I bother minging ltc on my 6950 at this point, or is ltc close to being like btc where other forms of mining are needed to do it efficiently.

excalibur

DARKLY Regular
Let me also point something out, if anyone is using Bitcoin to launder money, they are retarded. Here we go with the explanation. All Bitcoin addresses are public. So when you move Bitcoin from one address to another, EVERYONE can see how much you moved. No matter how many millions of addresses you create to spread it out, anyone with half a brain (a government agency or even hackers) can literally track all the money you moved. When you move your money to Bitcoin, you literally revealed yourself to the entire world. I can get more into this but I'm not going to. This is why I point out to people, it took me well over 8 to 9 months worth of reading and research before I BEGAN to understand the basics of Bitcoin. It's a trap in that sense. People that are using Bitcoin to launder money are fools, they just outed themselves.

so recent mentioning of use by shows like Almost Human, NCIS, Blacklist and a bunch of other shows talking about people having used BitCoin to transfer money because it can be traded easy without being able to be traced is 100% bullshit and they are trying to trick people into using the service in thoughts it is almost impossible to be tracked?

MetalLobster

TD Admin
Smurf Eater , should I bother minging ltc on my 6950 at this point, or is ltc close to being like btc where other forms of mining are needed to do it efficiently.

I've only heard rumours of ASICs for LTC. The first time I've heard of it was on this forum, saying to release in early 2014, and the other in mid-July. From what I can see, there isn't a clear answer of when it's releasing, however what it concerning is the divide of whether ASICs will be a good thing or not. LTC was originally made to be resilient to ASIC miners by using script, requiring a lot of memory, but the requirements were apparently set to low, making ASIC miners somewhat feasible. Now, people are asking themselves what incentive will there be to buy LTC, if LTC goes down the same route BTC did, mining centralization, [insert more worries here].
The other side says that LTC is resistant enough to ASICs that it won't make much difference, in comparison to what it did to BTC, and it wouldn't push GPU rigs out the door, at least not as quickly. Also, the cost of entry to ASICs are apparently (rumoured) low enough that anyone can still purchase and use them, just like BTC ASICs

TL;DR ASICs coming, but no clear date. Community is split on whether it's good or bad for LTC, valid points on both ends.

Brades

Bailer
Staff member
so recent mentioning of use by shows like Almost Human, NCIS, Blacklist and a bunch of other shows talking about people having used BitCoin to transfer money because it can be traded easy without being able to be traced is 100% bullshit and they are trying to trick people into using the service in thoughts it is almost impossible to be tracked?

Not sure if serious or troll post...

Who is trying to trick people into using this "service"?

:doublefacepalm:

:brains:

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
The whole idea of Bitcoin is currency that you can't track to a specific person. Hence why Silk Road used it as their main currency.

You can how ever track the "wallet's" that it's past through.

Brades

Bailer
Staff member
The whole idea of Bitcoin is currency that you can't track to a specific person. Hence why Silk Road used it as their main currency.

You can how ever track the "wallet's" that it's past through.

That is not the idea of bitcoin at all. Please read up on Bitcoin before making such brains like assumptions.

:brains:

Brades

Bailer
Staff member
You're right, everything is being manipulated. However, one system is currently in use, trusted, and available. As well, my employer uses it, and pays me, and everyone else with it. And the other system is used by a bunch of Chinese/Russian hackers who are capitalizing and hoarding it much worse than the current system.

Oh well, back to work for real money I go...

This is the kind of attitude that hinders change. The current monetary system is a sham that is run by corrupt people who are robbing us blind. These people are criminals. Bitcoin is an incredible chance to rid ourselves of this AIDS and it is very frustrating to see media and individuals spread ignorant information about it.

Research it or STFU... enough with the ignorance.

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
I wasn't meaning to say that Bitcoin's ONLY reason for being around is anonymity. It is however the reason places like Silk Road and other illegal sites like it.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
This is the kind of attitude that hinders change. The current monetary system is a sham that is run by corrupt people who are robbing us blind. These people are criminals. Bitcoin is an incredible chance to rid ourselves of this AIDS and it is very frustrating to see media and individuals spread ignorant information about it.

Research it or STFU... enough with the ignorance.

I agree with your points about corruption in our economical system, I'm just saying bitcoin isn't the answer. Bitcoin is the same exact thing as our current economical system, except it's corrupted by even fewer than the current system - and that's not something I'm interested in.