Follow buckshotjr's Liquid Cooling Adventure!

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
So I've started my build, parts should arrive by the 8th of May!

1) Slim High Density Triple 120mm Radiator XSPC EX360
db_file_img_1448_800xauto.jpg

- This will JUST fit in my case, across the top. I'm excited!

2) Dual-bay acrylic/plexiglass reservoir with a D5 Vario pump installed
db_file_img_5486_800xauto.jpg

- Takes up two 5.25" drive bays in the front of my case (I've got tons of space for it)
- Comes with a very good, and recommended D5 pump (I got the Vario: can adjust the speed on the fly)
- Comes with a variety of LED colour choices; I chose white. Will look good with all-black case, white LED liquid moving through my Graphics Card (see block below) and is easy to match for other parts.

3) EK-FC780 GTX Ti Plexi Copper
db_file_img_6968_800xauto.jpg

db_file_img_6967_800xauto.jpg

- I chose this block because it is among the top performers (covering all GPU, RAM and VRMs!), it looks great and will allow me to showcase the liquid colour of my choice*
*Don't panic, I'm not using dye. I'll use additives to keep blocks clear (RE: algae) and will respond to some lighting. Good products exist, and I'll update it here.

CPU_Block.jpg

EK CPU Block - Acrylic/Copper

Display_Unit.jpg

5.25" bay Dual-LCD Display: One for water temp; the other for ambient case temp

Display_LCDs.jpg

The LCD Units (the cabling for each one will look different as one screws into my reservoir and the other will have a lead cable/temp sensor that I will place in the case somewhere)

Fittings.jpg

All fittings are 3/8" ID 5/8" OD Bitspower Black Nickel Compression Fittings. This just one fitting so you know what they look like.

Tubing.jpg

Blue tubing on the left; UV-reactive blue on the right. All 3/8" ID 5/8 OD

UV_Lights.jpg

2 x 30CM strip of UV LED lights: one for bottom of the case; the other for the top. Both will be hidden, but it will light up that tubing well.

I'll be sure to do some unboxing/installing videos with good edits and post-video speech to explain everything. I'll try my best to do it up nice!

EDIT: This pretty well sums it up for parts. Obviously there are more fittings (some straight, some 45degree, but they all have the same type, manufacturer, diameters and finish - you get the idea from the one pic up top).

Note: Cooling and additives are missing from the post, primarily because I thought people would be bored of looking at a jug of bi-distilled water and another white bottle of chemicals [anti-biocides] that will prevent algae/gunk build-up.

If the rest of my parts come in by Friday, I'll be building Saturday morning, starting really early as I want to take my time. HD part videos with commentary will be taken of all parts, along with build videos with commentary. I'll update this thread with pictures as I go, but give me time to complete the videos nicely for TD and youchube :)

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
I've always been curious about liquid cooling but never bothered looking into it myself or trying to find anyones story.
Considering going with liquid cooling when I update my pc again.
Looking forward to future updates, BJ!

$alvador

TD Member
Lookin good so far, I've never had issues with algae using just distilled water, controlling algae is all just a matter of keeping the water away from light and using opaque black tubing is one of the best ways to accomplish that. Another thing you can do is toss some old silver links into the reservoir, I have a similar looking one and having some silver bling in it looks really nice against the back background :D

Glocky

Drinking your tears
Subbed. Looking forward to the updates. Maybe my next rig (in 4.5 to 5.5 years LOL) will benefit from this. :)

$alvador

TD Member
yeah, it's all fun and games until you get addicted, blow through all your money getting the fanciest fittings, your woman leaves you thinking you're nuts, stray dogs avoid you on the street and your only comfort remaining is the soft gurgling of the water in your reservoir lulling you to sleep...

:foreveralone:

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Ya, well, fack that broad anyway
One_Does_Not_Simply_Leave_TD.jpg

lol In all seriousness, my last broad thought it was cool when I built my custom plexiglass case, and the current milf I'm with is blown away with my current rig, let alone the plans I have coming. I'm sure she's just being nice and is not really interested, but it's great :D

Remy

TD Member / Gay Gyoza
Wow I thought this was BJs liquid cooking adventure......boy was I disappointed.

Stan Radner

DARKLY Regular
Must wait for parts.. I hate waiting for shit I bought!

You the kinda guy that buys Alienware?

Nah. I haven't really built my own computer yet. I have installed some new graphic cards, sounds cards, and upgraded ram that's pretty much it. Never done a full build though.

I REALLY want to build something like this though but be able to customize all features and OC it like a bitch. Be able to chose my own OS and stuff.

500x_originpc.jpg

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
isnt origin the shitty premade pc company WarZ got money from to promote them? lel