• Please remember to wrap not safe for work text/images in [NSFW][/NSFW] tags.
    Example: [NSFW][img]http://darklygaming.com/images/spinnysgapedass.jpg[/img][/NSFW]

READ ME BAN Political Discussion on forum?

BAN Political Discussion on forum?

• Yes

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • No

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 10 28.6%

• Total voters

Olst

TD Admin / Queerbécois
Naw, not at all. I derped hard and didn't realize we had a lot of new people helping our community so quickly (I'm hardcore cs, so my head's up my ass sometimes when it comes to the big picture) lol

But yes - I truly am sorry mate, no love lost :D

BJ, get a freakin Avatar, you look naked and you're pretty ugly.
(Yeh, I know I already that kind of thing, I just dont have any imagination)

Pyro

TD Admin
-1 to banning political discussion. as always, the key is keeping things civil. serious f'n business is the only place for these discussions though. and, like others are saying, if you don't like the thread, stay out of it...

also, -1 to make a decision one way or the other based on a public thread. this shit belongs in lollipop land.

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
Deci
also, -1 to make a decision one way or the other based on a public thread. this shit belongs in lollipop land.

Decisions such as this one should involve every member of the community (TD members and regulars). Everyone here has an equal say. The forums are not exclusive to just TD members, they are open to the public.

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon

Because randoms shouldn't be able to hold any sway in the decision as to how we run TD. Anyone who has registered on the forums can vote in this poll. Even retards who have been banned and only registered to appeal could vote here.

How is this not common sense?

EDIT: TO CLARIFY, I do believe regulars and TF2/MC admins should have a say - what I am saying is this poll could very easily be exploited or minipulated by an out side person. For all we know all 9 yes votes could be Mrpaki,testaccount,derpaherp,etc etc

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
I doubt any randomer on the forums who had just posted to claim some kind of free game or something similar would give a shit about voting in a thread like this.
Those kind of people join, post their shit, and never come back.
And if they do come back, even if it's only to read and never to post, surely they are still an active member of the forums.

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
Because randoms shouldn't be able to hold any sway in the decision as to how we run TD. Anyone who has registered on the forums can vote in this poll. Even retards who have been banned and only registered to appeal could vote here.

How is this not common sense?

Maybe we should close the forums to the public? Make it TD only. Because everyone else who comes here regularly doesn't matter.

Brades

Bailer
Staff member
You really think people who are appealing a ban are going to drop by and vote here? The vote is just for a general idea of what users think. Lots of people replied with their opinion in the thread.

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
Anyways, I don't care/No seems holds a solid 70% of the votes. So I would say the community has spoken.

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
You really think people who are appealing a ban are going to drop by and vote here? The vote is just for a general idea of what users think. Lots of people replied with their opinion in the thread.
Just an example man. I am just saying I can see a lot of ways a completely public vote can be exploited. Unless you reveal the vote results(who voted what), it is very sketchy.

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
And if they do come back, even if it's only to read and never to post, surely they are still an active member of the forums.

Someone who never posts is not an active member of a forum community. Lurking =/= Contributing.

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
Someone who never posts is not an active member of a forum community. Lurking =/= Contributing.
No, but what I meant was that they were active because they would visit regularly.
You know, activity based on visits rather than posts.

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
No, but what I meant was that they were active because they would visit regularly.
You know, activity based on visits rather than posts.

... If you never post, what right do you have to decided whats posted?

This thread is sponsored by PIZZA.

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
Basically what my answer was going to be.

So you are proposing that instead of banning Politics on the forums, we ban disagreements.

+1, I agree. No more disagreements everybody. It is now not allowed.

This thread is sponsored by PIZZAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Reactions: iCe

Pyro

TD Admin
of course regulars should have a say. my -1 is based on the fact that anyone who has signed up on the forums can vote on the poll. lollipopland seemed like the most logical suggestion other than here. i guess a whole new forum section would make more sense.

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
So you are proposing that instead of banning Politics on the forums, we ban disagreements.
I didn't say anything like that...You're just taking one comment and twisting it into your idea of what I said.
In fact, I didn't even say it, Olst did. I just agreed with him.