What is wrong with the servers?

Is something wrong with the trade servers? Before switching to Aim2Game, they ran great. No matter what server I go to, I get either horrible lagginess or horrible jerkiness.

The Chicago servers all do this thing where they just 'lag' for a second. You will be running, and then be teleported back to where you were. It gets so bad that I will occasionally see that "server disconnect" error for a few seconds, and then everything is okay.

The Toronto servers have horrible issues where the motion of other players is incredibly jerky. This looks like a bandwidth issue - if I do a net_graph, the Toronto server is only sending 8-9kB/s, and on most other servers, I am looking at 20kB/s.

I thought it was just me, but Cheeze noticed the random dropouts on Chicago, and then today another player on Toronto noticed the jerkiness.

Hopefully this comes off less bitchy than my first post, but these servers are in bad shape. I know they're just trade servers, but if we are just supposed to idle the whole time, just make the map achievement_idle...

Brades

Bailer
Staff member
I just change some things in the config files for all trade servers please let me know if the problem continues, thanks.

In Chicago its still present, but in Toronto, I haven't seen any of this lag.

It's not the map, unless there's a new exploit in the Rawr V2 that was fixed in the V2_2 version.

The Trade Idle does not seem to be affected by this, at least, when I'm online.

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
I have noticed Jerkiness in Toronto #3 and #5.
My personal animations seem fine but when I see people running, I don't see their legs move.

Quite a few people have been complaining of Framerate issues and Animation issues on these servers also.

I played on my usual servers and they seemed much better. I did notice a small dropout on Chicago 1, but I can't say with confidence that it wasn't my computer doing something on its own, and it was an isolated incident. Toronto 1 is back to normal. Thank you for looking into it.

shoottomaim

BANNED
A few days ago I was playing scout... I ran fine, without no lag, but my weapon was jerking around like crazy....
Then I re-logged and it was fixed.

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
A few days ago I was playing scout... I ran fine, without no lag, but my weapon was jerking around like crazy....
Then I re-logged and it was fixed.

Something similar happens to me quite often.
If I'm playing as Soldier, it seems like my character keeps trying to reload the Launcher, really fast.

But then if I shoot it just goes back to normal.

It's a weird glitch.

There were now huge lag spikes on Toronto #1, while I traded with plex, the server seemed to freeze while it listed over 100 items.

I just exited and players are complaining about the lag, I'm only seeing spikes of myself warping, I'm unsure what the others are experiencing now.

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
cs main was a bit pingy past night. i was getting 22 instead of the usual 5. someone asked for a reset, which made me realize the ping issue.