• Please remember to wrap not safe for work text/images in [NSFW][/NSFW] tags.
    Example: [NSFW][img]http://darklygaming.com/images/spinnysgapedass.jpg[/img][/NSFW]

We have a baby Blue Jay. His name is Blu. I know we're brillant!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jenn found it on the sidewalk(clearly too young to fly), when taking our dog for a walk about 5 weeks ago. We've raised him/her ever since. She flies now and is super tame and just adorable.

Blu watching me play FarCry2
DSCF0016.jpg

Blu helping me play FC2
DSCF0007.jpg

Blu resting after all that FC2 action.
DSCF0015.jpg

She loves to give kisses and talks sweet nothings into your ear.

Shotgun Jesus

Professional Cocksucker
Staff member
Weird! I found a young Sparrow last week that couldn't fly/was very weak and have been taking care of it ever since. It's doing a lot better now and eats all my fucking strawberries.

Good luck to Blu!

Shotgun, Blu loves soften dry dog food. We wet the pellets with water until they are very soft and he/she just gobbles them down.

Now BJs are omnivores and it likes chicken, hamburg, bacon, bread, berries, tomatoes, lettuce, sunflower seeds and peanut butter, the list goes on.

In the 1st week we fed it baby formula with a syringe and it would carry on, squawking like crazy as we refilled the syringe, just like a baby bird in the nest. The squeaky wheel gets the grease in their world.

Most birds are opportunist omnivores, so don't be afraid to try a little cooked meat with your sparrow too.

Edit: PS: Most birds eat bugs, they're carnivores by heart (a Raptor dinosaur gene still active). In the winter humans put out seed for them at the bird feeders and the birds will gladly eat it, what options do they have? But put out some little pieces of chicken and there will be a fight at the feeder that day!

Loganius 419

TD Member
That's awesome..a while ago some baby rens fell out of their nest and we helped them find their way home. You shoudl train ur Blue jay to play css...or like at least hit the mic button

I want a Blue Jay to go with my hats...

Those are some crazy pics Kirock. I love Blue Jays, the animals, and that must be crazy to have one for a pet. Kind of. Nice work!

[quote1251122891=Doolox]
I want a Blue Jay to go with my hats...

Those are some crazy pics Kirock. I love Blue Jays, the animals, and that must be crazy to have one for a pet. Kind of. Nice work!
[/quote1251122891]

I can't believe how smart this thing is. I read that BJs are consider the next smartest bird compared to crows or parrots. It's maybe 8 weeks old now and yesterday I was trying to teach it how to eat Sunflower seeds. It still can't break into the shell so I had to open them for her. But the cool part was I left them on the dinning room table and told her to got get one and bring to "daddy". After a few minutes and a couple of tries, she would go get a SF seed and bring it to me at my pc desk and drop it into my lap. Then she'd wait for me to open it for her and have a feast. This went on for about an hour until she was full.

More pics coming soon.

TurboTaco

TD Admin
The only thing about birds is they crap anywhere n everywhere.

Hopefully that isnt too big of a problem with Blu!

Status
Not open for further replies.