Video Card question

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
Ok, so I have ordered the parts for a new rig, except for monitors.

I've ordered an EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SuperClocked 3GB.

It has 1 of each of the following:
DisplayPort
HDMI
DVI-I
DVI-D

I want to run a dual-monitor setup with extended desktop.

I know that the extended desktop is a feature you enable in Windows, but I don't know which of the ports to use for monitors. I understand that HDMI is for if you want to do both video and audio in one go, but I've got a sound card, so I don't think I need that.

Any help?

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
use a combination of any of those ports. not the vga one tho, use like a dvi and hdmi, or 2 dvi's

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
So if I connected one screen to the HDMI and one to the DVI (either one), I'll still have a functional extended desktop going? Will one picture be sharper than the other?

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
im using dvi and hdmi with extended desktop. works fine, even with different resolutions on the 2 screens

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Just a note:
HDMI and DVI are the exact same connection/quality. The only difference is that HDMI carries with it a digital signal for sound, whereas DVI does not.

You're gold! Congrats on the new rig!

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
Just a note:
HDMI and DVI are the exact same connection/quality. The only difference is that HDMI carries with a digital signal for sound, whereas DVI does not.

You're gold! Congrats on the new rig!

Thanks, Buckshot! =D The new rig should be all set up within a week. Still waiting on some parts to arrive :P