Vanilla and crackhouse always empty

Status
Not open for further replies.

$alvador

TD Member
Vanilla and crackhouse are perpetually empty. Seeding doesn't seem to work and the regulars on the main server would rather wait for an empty spot than check out the vanilla or crackhouse instead. Does everyone really hate dealing with AWPs that much? Anyway, I'd like to suggest running smaller custom maps on the vanilla server for a little while to see if it gains interest. It's great as it is, but without people willing to play there it might as well not exist

DatGuy

TD Member
personally, I don't really like AWPs, I don't mind if there is a limit of 1 or 2 per team...but when you get 10 guys running with AWPs, the fun is gone for me. That is why I usually shy away from the vanilla server and wait for a slot in the main server.

r3volution

TD Admin
I'm on the stock server whenever I get the chance (and I'm not scrimming). It usually populated whenever I join, although its almost never full.

Shotgun Jesus

Professional Cocksucker
Staff member
Crackhouse is just plain dead. Vanilla populates only at certain times (somewhere between 9pm-12am), but people tend to bail on map changes.

skd_mrk

TD Admin
Vanilla populates when members make an attempt to populate, but generally speaking soon as the membership leaves the server empties soon after. Its just not very good at sustaining itself.

Seeing as there's no AWP, then a Vanilla, how about using a mod on that server?

The GO one looks worse, perhaps turn both Crackhouse and GO maps into real GO servers once the game is released?

Shotgun Jesus

Professional Cocksucker
Staff member
Thing is, the Vanilla server was made to deal with an always full TD. I don't think we ever expected it to be very popular. It's like TD purgatory. :amazed:

auron

TD Admin
Vanilla server: We need to implement some restrictions on the awp.
PPL -> Awps Allowed Per Team
0-3 0
3-6 1
6-8 2
8+ Unlimited

At that point it's not a vanilla server, but that's ok.

As for the crackhouse server, I never even understood what that game-style was. It would be interesting to get a server up with the really obscure stupid maps. Rats/AIM maps/AWP maps/random shitty customs (like the matrix one we used to play)/etc. I think people might join up to something like that to kill some time, just to explore a funky map.

Rams

TD Admin
That seems good ^ awp restrictions, and the crack house server maybe diff maps always see bots on the server.

How about no restrictions, all pure Vanilla CS:S with only enhancements, not subtractions?

I really don't like limits or such, it keeps the noobs and cannon fodder away.

Olst

TD Admin / Queerbécois
Crackhouse for a surf and/or GG server :D

I would have my fun there :P ... especially surf ^^

hehe

excalibur

DARKLY Regular
gun game is fun. Surf i was never into mostly cause i sucked at it and left when a server switched to it. i have never even tried crack house so im not even sure what it is. And i dont play vanilla because of the Awp. I never use the Awp i used it when i first started playing seems so long ago. Stopped using AWP when they switched from i think it was WON to Steam. Dont find any challenge in the AWP.

Olst

TD Admin / Queerbécois
gun game is fun. Surf i was never into mostly cause i sucked at it and left when a server switched to it. i have never even tried crack house so im not even sure what it is. And i dont play vanilla because of the Awp. I never use the Awp i used it when i first started playing seems so long ago. Stopped using AWP when they switched from i think it was WON to Steam. Dont find any challenge in the AWP.

Wanna buy some "," and "."? As for Crackhouse, it's usually use as a 24/24 DM server. Quite boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.