• Guest, if you wish to appeal your ban, please read these threads first:

READ ME DARKLY Ban Appeal Template + READ ME DARKLY Server Rules

Guest, Ban Appeal threads are for the player appealing and the banning Admin to respond to. All other posts will be removed at the Moderator's discretion.

Unban

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name:<3
Id:STEAM_0:1:11515770
Reason General Exploit of Game/Map/Server

I binded a key to a button that said @@@@@@@@@
The admin didnt give me a warning. Unban me please it was a accident and i forgot about the key

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
I banned you, you can talk to me. First off, you say you bound volume to the @ key, which requires shift, so if you wanted to turn down the volume, you would need shift. Then why put it in chat?

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Also, the volume in Windows? Or the volume in game, because in Windows that wouldn't work, and in-game, you wouldn't bind the @ key, you would bind one of many useless, much-easier keys. Also, volume's not something you should have to change so often as to bind it.

Also, early this morning, at about 4am, I beleive you tried to practise to see if your crash-script would work - when you thought no admins would see you do it.

http://www.torontodarkly.ca/hlstatsx/hlstats.php?mode=chathistory&player=21537

You're full of shit pal. I've seen tons of these gay little scripts that spam a few console commands to try to lag and eventually crash the server... Sorry.

You've now shat all over your name, and Retty, you're pal.

I didn't mean to cause harm to the server. Somehow the the 'c' key was connected to the volume key. The keyboard I have has a specific volume key, it happens to be that button as I tried to turn down the volume.

And it was already binded on the key from time, I didn't know what my friend was doing with it. Also i don't know what it does, honestly you seen retty on the server, told to me play with him. Honestly didn't mean any harm.

I was turning down the windows volume, and it does work. I don't care if you think I'm lying, but can I atleast get a chance to prove it? I really didn't mean it, and was on the server the last time for a good 3-4 hours w.o any problems. I already unbinded the key.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
System volume (on keyboards that allow it) are bound to two seperate keys. In css, they are recognized as b and c, volume down and volume up, respectively. Therefore, there's no chance that the @ symbol would be spammed like that, especially in chat, where y would have to be pressed before spamming the @ symbol. Besides, there's no need to constantly mute your volume then blast it all the way up (as indicated by all the @ symbols which you claim adjusts your volume, which is bullshit).

Of course you've been on our server without problem, because the last time you tested your little script out was early this morning at 4am where no admins would be on - or so you thought.

Sorry man, we don't deal with little nerds who like to devise fucked up ways take css servers down. There's a reason why TD is #1 in Canada, and that reason is because we clean house of people like you.

I really didn't know c or b was the cs volume control. It was binded to 'c' and i was using the actual volume button to lower it. I had no idea about it and didn't know that 'c' was connected to the volume button. And i'm using a laptop, the volume button is f10 for me. I was pressing f10 to turn it down, and it happened the 'c' was binded as @@@@@ and connected to the volume control. I was playing on Friday at like 11-12am to 3-4am I did not try to cause problems man. If i did do it at 4am most likely i was turning it down for my parents. I know TD is #1 in Canada, that's why i want to play on it. It's unbinded, I can promised it won't happen again. And i'm not one of those people who tries to fuck up servers.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
No, you're lost. if it's a laptop, there's no more b or c now - I assumed you had a media keyboard. Either way, you're full of shit. Volume keys on a laptop aren't bound to a type-key, meaning they will not show a character when pressed, also meaning that you can't bind it to a key in css. Nice try.

Bro i'm not trying anything, you try it. bind a saying to 'c' and press the volume- button if you have it. I'm not pretending, i just want 1 chance to play on it again.

Buckshot, can't you give me a chance? If it happens again you could ban me. I really didn't mean to cause harm to the server, wouldn't be wasting my time trying to get unban if I was one of those people who fucks up servers. I just want to play with my friends on TD. I'm giving you shit about it, 'c' was binded to @@@@@@@ and pressing the volume- button caused it to say that.

I wasn't trying to cause the server to crash, I didn't know what it does. Please can I get unbanned. I unbinded the @@ already.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
@ Prop - No, I can't pull one up that involves the @ key specifically, however you could, theoretically, use any key to bind to a set of commands/aliases to attempt a crash. Rather 'noobish' if I may say so.

[quote1282600076=Dailow]
I'm giving you shit about it[/quote1282600076]

Excuse me? I'd carry a little more respect than that if I were you (not a threat, however we are not 12 year olds running this server). Please remain polite.

[quote1282600076=Dailow]
, 'c' was binded to @@@@@@@ and pressing the volume- button caused it to say that.
[/quote1282600076]

This is exactly why I think your ban should stay. Why would c (a regular "radio2" bind that would yeild "need backup" etc) be unbound, then rebound to "say @@@@@@@@ x 100" ? Also, knowing that c (with either ctrl, shift, alt, window key, alt key, or function key) would not change the volume.

There is no logical explanation.

Despite all of this, given the rather generous feedback of this great community, you are being let off of the hook. I'm unbanning you. Do note I have your Steam ID, your service provider's ip as well as other personal information - just in case. I really hope you're honest and do not attempt another silly ploy in the future, because I will know, and then I'll ban you again.

As for your earlier lie, that another person messed with your config - let's not let that happen again. There's no reason for this, and you've wasted a lot of our time. Game on, and don't be stupid.

- Buckshot jr.

P.S. Tell your 'friend' (or you) they really suck at hacking or attempting whatever little exploit they (you) intended.

Thank you very much and I was trying to say "I'm not giving you shit about it". Sorry for everything. It won't happen again, I promise that. Thanks again.

I change the radio commands to '[' 'p' 'o' therefore 'c' is unused. But still I thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.